Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 14-01-2020, 03:04 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
The Bengals might listen to trade offers but there is no way that Burrow doesn't go #1. 5600 yds with 60 TDs and 6 Ints in 15 games at 76% Cmp. Sure he played some scrubs along the way but the last three games, he played three Top5 teams and had 16 TDs with no interceptions at more than 400 yards per game.
I meant listen to trade offers for Dalton, not for the 1 Pick.
Old 14-01-2020, 03:11 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Any chance of Carolina picking up a QB in the draft? Looks like we are too far down to get anything decent.
Not the best crop of QBs in this draft so they say, but Jacob Eason may be of interest (At the pick placements) He reminds me a bit of like Sam Darnold beign 6-6 and has a huge arm. He is inexperienced though so not sure you would burn a 1 Pick on him to potentially sit behind Cam Newton (who i think will stay).

I think that Carolina may be after pieces on defence, Isaiah Simmons at Clemson (had a good season including a decent National Champ appearance 6 Tackles / 1 Sack)

Last edited by aj4england; 14-01-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 14-01-2020, 03:44 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm not sure what is going on with Cam. I think we might have got a little over excited about Kyle Allen's early form and started talking up releasing Cam, and now Allen (and Grier's) form has shown they aren't up to it as a starting QB, we might be forced to give Newton another year to see if he can get back to his best.
Old 15-01-2020, 06:34 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Luke Kuechly retires. Wtf!
Old 15-01-2020, 07:14 AM

Wow! Huge blow for the Panthers and the league. My earlier post about Isiaah Simmons even more relevant now
Old 15-01-2020, 08:27 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cam's done! Get rid.
Old 15-01-2020, 08:31 AM

With Kuechly retiring, this free's up $10m cap space. If the Panthers had a desire for a certain QB (perhaps Tua) then you could see Cam traded away and use the cap space in free agency to build around Tua (Already have Top 3 RB in the game to work with).

I just dont see Cam being moved on this season
Old 15-01-2020, 08:52 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
If Tua slips outside the top 10, I think he's a steal. Tbh, Jalen Hurts is ranked anywhere from 30-130 by some mock drafts. Now that Lamarr has proved the value of a QB who can run, I think he's easily worth a second rounder.

As far as Burrow goes, If the Bengals trade him they might as well shut the franchise. He's an incredible passer and football is more and more about the gunslingers. I reckon Dalton has trade value.

The team I think has the most work to do in the draft is the Raiders. Going to Vegas they need something to make a splash. For me, that's replacing Carr. Is Dalton exciting enough? Dunno. Is Tua? Defo.

Re: Kuechly - ouch. That hurts the Panthers.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 15-01-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
If Tua slips outside the top 10, I think he's a steal. Tbh, Jalen Hurts is ranked anywhere from 30-130 by some mock drafts. Now that Lamarr has proved the value of a QB who can run, I think he's easily worth a second rounder.

As far as Burrow goes, If the Bengals trade him they might as well shut the franchise. He's an incredible passer and football is more and more about the gunslingers. I reckon Dalton has trade value.

The team I think has the most work to do in the draft is the Raiders. Going to Vegas they need something to make a splash. For me, that's replacing Carr. Is Dalton exciting enough? Dunno. Is Tua? Defo.

Re: Kuechly - ouch. That hurts the Panthers.
Not sure about the Raiders. I think that with a few pieces they could be a force in 2020. They thought Antonio Brown was going to solve their WR1 issues. They have Josh Jacobs at RB, Darren Waller is a solid T-15 TE. Renfrow has looked a steal as 5th round

They also have last years R1 Pick Johnathan Abram to come back after he was on IR from Week 2

They also have 2 Round 1s and 3 Round 3s in 2020. If they could get a serious pass rush and some good WRs in the draft, they also have a Top 10 Cap space. If they draft well, they could easily live with Carr for a year I think
Old 15-01-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Be interesting to see whether he and Jordan Love end up.
Old 15-01-2020, 10:27 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If Tua slips outside the top 10, I think he's a steal.
Absolutely zero chance this happens IMO.

If he slips to the Dolphins at #5, he's Miami bound.

The who wants Tua race starts with the Lions pick at #3.

Joe Burrow to the Bengals and Chase Young to the Redskins should be nailed on.

Dolphins may have to move up to ensure they get him; will be a fascinating first hour on draft night!
Old 15-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:

Only just seen this online

Wtf

28 years old

Gutted
Old 15-01-2020, 07:56 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
No surprise - the guy played like a wrecking ball and seemed to get a concussion every other week. Sad loss for a player but pleased for him as a person. Hopefully the Panthers will keep him on in some capacity if he so wishes because he was such an intelligent player who could read the game so well and a model pro. I’m sure he’d make a great coach if that’s part of his future.

Puts the Panthers into full on rebuilding mode which might not be a bad thing. I think new owner David Tepper is planning for long term success so it won’t be as disastrous as many think IMO
Old 15-01-2020, 08:04 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay View Post
Cam's done! Get rid.
All dependent on how healthy he is or isn’t. He’ll be a relatively low cap hit for a starting QB and won’t fetch much trade value. There are holes all over the roster that need to be addressed way before QB - IF - Newton is healthy come the start of the season.

If they don’t sort out that OL ASAP they could even bring in Tom Brady and make him look like a ‘sack’ of shit
Old 16-01-2020, 08:06 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
OBJ being To view the link you have to Register or Login

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 16-01-2020, 10:43 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
OBJ being To view the link you have to Register or Login
What a great way for the police to waste time.
Old 19-01-2020, 08:49 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
anyone watching?
Old 19-01-2020, 08:51 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
oh yes
Old 19-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Titans looking good. Or is it the Kansas D looking its usual leaky self?
Old 19-01-2020, 09:01 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Titans looking good. Or is it the Kansas D looking its usual leaky self?
doesn't help when they give all those penalties away too