Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 19-05-2021, 04:38 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I have no skin in this game but Musk is behaving unbelievably irresponsibly. There will be young inexperienced gamblers who will have lost their savings or be doing this on borrowed money.
Old 19-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
I bought some shares in companies back in January when everyone was banging on about crypto. Almost doubled my money with just one particular company.

Glad I didn't touch crypto. Taken an absolute battering today!
LOL if you'd bought Bitcoin in January you'd be approx 40% up on today's price
Old 19-05-2021, 05:23 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Narrative: China
Target: 30k
Just after hits bottom: Musk tweets

It's never random. Be that in forex, or whatever asset. You can be reasonably confident that we've seen the bottom for a while longer.
Old 19-05-2021, 05:23 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Dp
Old 19-05-2021, 05:48 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
LOL if you'd bought Bitcoin in January you'd be approx 40% up on today's price
LOL Even if I'd been luck enough to enter the market at its lowest price for the whole of January, I'd be at best 25% up on today's price.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 19-05-2021, 07:11 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Narrative: China
Target: 30k
Just after hits bottom: Musk tweets

It's never random. Be that in forex, or whatever asset. You can be reasonably confident that we've seen the bottom for a while longer.
I've said it before, I'll say it again; the guy is such a Bond villain. And much like many Bond villains, he has a legion of fans constantly telling him how great he is. It's not a good thing.
Old 19-05-2021, 07:27 PM
www.chrisbrownjazz.com

Chrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again; the guy is such a Bond villain. And much like many Bond villains, he has a legion of fans constantly telling him how great he is. It's not a good thing.
Old 19-05-2021, 11:41 PM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
LOL Even if I'd been luck enough to enter the market at its lowest price for the whole of January, I'd be at best 25% up on today's price.
LOL you can't do maths
Old 20-05-2021, 12:27 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
I'd be out of a job if I couldn't calculate ROI

You're welcome to enlighten me though, going by the price of bitcoin at the time of my posting.

Absolutely huge fluctuations in the last 24 hours which is why I don't touch it.

Old 20-05-2021, 03:33 PM
Señor Coconut

Quote:
I'd be out of a job if I couldn't calculate ROI

You're welcome to enlighten me though, going by the price of bitcoin at the time of my posting.

Absolutely huge fluctuations in the last 24 hours which is why I don't touch it.
Any market cap that rises from $0 to $1,000,000,000,000 in eleven years will experience volatility. do you expect it to go up in an even straight line?
Old 20-05-2021, 03:36 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Any market cap that rises from $0 to $1,000,000,000,000 in eleven years will experience volatility. do you expect it to go up in an even straight line?
Is there any logic as to why it would go up at all?
Old 20-05-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
He's a bit insecure about bitcoin. Reacts badly. Don't prod the nest!
Old 20-05-2021, 04:49 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sort of.

Firstly forget the idea that Bitcoin is money (because it really isn’t) and look at it as an investment. So what you are then looking at is what does it do and how scarce it is.

What Bitcoin does is provide an ability to transfer value outside of regulatory control (which is important to some people - Chinese people for instance) And there is a limited supply of them both in terms of the ability to create them and a fundamental cap on how many can ever exist. Once upon a time I would have said they were reasonably secure but it appears to be pretty easy to steal them.

So if demand for such an asset increases and the supply is limited and cannot adjust to satisfy the increased demand then you can see how the price would naturally rise.

Whether you think that makes one worth $40k is an entirely different question.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-05-2021, 05:05 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Can you get change from one bitcoin?
Old 20-05-2021, 08:04 PM
Señor Coconut

Quote:
Scarcity
Old 21-05-2021, 01:01 PM

Ah Ah Ah -kishuuuu! Pardon me for sneezing in here

Old 22-05-2021, 10:06 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Scarcity
Scarcity of an item never determines its value on its own. The demand for an item is what determines value.

Things like a Sinclair C5 and a BBC Micro are hard to find (scarce), but hardly valuable.

So, value is usually determined by both supply and demand.

For the time being there is a demand for certain cryptocurrencies and a limited supply (of most of them). The question posed by Golf Boy, which you probably didn't understand, is why the value of Bitcoin should go up at all. Your answer 'scarcity' doesn't address that at all. The real question is why is there demand.

To an extent, Adlerhorst answered this - but he is an accountant and probably understands these things a bit better than you or me. His sensible qualification 'sort of' tells you that this isn't the complete answer.

Look, I know you desperately want to believe that Bitcoin (and perhaps other cryptocurrencies) will continue to increase in value and if you have invested heavily, I hope you are right. However, perhaps you could at least try to appear a little less aggressive towards those who question whether it is realistic to expect continuing growth.
Old 23-05-2021, 09:13 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Good to see it coming back to reality. The more I think about it the less value I see in Bitcoin. The code behind it must be horrible at this point and development is extremely conservative due to internal politics.
Old 23-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Señor Coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Scarcity of an item never determines its value on its own. The demand for an item is what determines value.

Things like a Sinclair C5 and a BBC Micro are hard to find (scarce), but hardly valuable.

So, value is usually determined by both supply and demand.

For the time being there is a demand for certain cryptocurrencies and a limited supply (of most of them). The question posed by Gold Boy, which you probably didn't understand, is why the value of Bitcoin should go up at all. Your answer 'scarcity' doesn't address that at all. The real question is why is there demand.

To an extent, Adlerhorst answered this - but he is an accountant and probably understands these things a bit better than you or I. His sensible qualification 'sort of' tells you that this isn't the complete answer.

Look, I know you desperately want to believe that Bitcoin (and perhaps other cryptocurrencies) will continue to increase in value and if you have invested heavily, I hope you are right. However, perhaps you could at least try to appear a little less aggressive towards those who question whether it is realistic to expect continuing growth.
You will buy Bitcoin. I suggest today.
Old 24-05-2021, 08:47 AM
Probationary User

Spulian Jeroni is playing for a contract
It occurs to me that the place we are in now is very similar to the "dot com" bubble of 1999/2000. In that, although we all know crypto / the internet is where society is heading, but we are all getting a little ahead of ourselves.

This isn't about whether crypto will be worth something in the future, but that the market cap on most of the cryptos is looking to the future, not the present. Yes, cryptocurrencies will be worth a hell of a lot in 10 years, but that doesn't mean that they are worth that right now.

My method of investing is to put in a small amount into crypto (specifically Ether and Polkadot) to mitigate the wild fluctuations in the market that we are currently seeing.

My preference to Ether and Polkadot is that they both offer a utility that will be of immense value in the future, compared to Bitcoin which is simply a long line of digits and doesn't create anything. I have a strong sense that Bitcoin will be worth nothing at some point when people realise the value of the utility-based cryptos. Bitcoing offers literally nothing that Gold can't already provide as an investment opportunity.