Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:43 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by winners View Post
I don’t understand why people need to associate a flag with a group as a reason to dislike the flag?? The flag is the symbol of a country first and formost. Nationalist groups will obviously adopt said flags to garner support, but it’s not reason to hate the flag. Hate the group.
Spot on. In fact it helps when normals embrace their daft patriotism and then outnumber the nationalist idiots. Make them look like the swivel eyed divs that they are.

Southgate and the team have been pretty cute in doing that for the last month.

Wave your flag. It's only a flag.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:45 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Wave it, don’t wave it. Whatever. Now BB joins in with the agendas and lecturing.

Keep politics out of this I say.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:45 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Regardless of the flag I hope we can all join in with this verse of the national anthem.

ď Lord, grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the King.Ē

Must be quite strange when Scots sing it.
Even that bit isn't as good as it sounds as it's more anti-Catholic than anti-scotch.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:46 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Canít say anything these days. Les and NKE hijacking the thread with their agendas.
English irony.

Put out the St George's cross bunting.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Wave it, donít wave it. Whatever. Now BB joins in with the agendas and lecturing.

Sorry. I genuinely didn't know your question in the OP was just that! I had assumed you wanted to revisit previous threads on patriotism v nationalism.

In which case, I agree with the posters who said 1996 and the reason is that the NF had rather tainted the union flag.

I'll not post further.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:55 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Letís keep politics out of this thread. Itís not British.
That should be your last post on here then
Old 11-07-2021, 10:58 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Point.of.order there, the Stones logo was based on representations of the goddess Kali, who was portrayed with bright red lips and tongue. Seeing as the logo was designed in the early 70s I'm pretty sure the use of the UK or SG colours was not at the forefront of the mind.
I certainly don't immediately associate the lips and tongue logo with flag colours. I know there are different versions but it's usually bright red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Marshall Chess, son of Chess Recordsí founder, who managed The Stones, claimed to have come up with the idea of the tongue.
He was talking out of his arse then, and I don't think he actually managed the Stones.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:03 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Spot on. In fact, it helps when normals embrace their daft patriotism and then outnumber the nationalist idiots. Make them look like the swivel eyed divs that they are.

I look upon it as normality, a kid, man or woman(or what you associate yourself with) waves an England flag in support of the England team. It's not politics or thinking about the crusades. They are supporting their countries team in a cup final, that's about it.

Just to add, it brings the country together who or whatever you are, religions and race so in fact, it is the opposite to what some seem to think what it represents.

But sorry to say some people despise anytime a flag is waved anytime there is a St Georges day wanting to piss on the parade when most and the majority do not even give it a 2nd thought.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Point.of.order there, the Stones logo was based on representations of the goddess Kali, who was portrayed with bright red lips and tongue. Seeing as the logo was designed in the early 70s I'm pretty sure the use of the UK or SG colours was not at the forefront of the mind.
That's interesting. Someone once told me it was designed by Andy Warhol around the time of the Sticky Fingers album cover so I always assumed that was the case. Having just had a look, he had nothing to do with the logo.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:32 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wave it, donít wave it. Whatever. Now BB joins in with the agendas and lecturing.

Maybe you should keep your tantrums to the politics forum? It's obvious you aren't a football fan so your meltdowns come across far more awkward here. I guess rugby was the sport of choice at your boarding school.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:44 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Rugby was my sport of choice at boarding school.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:48 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Spot on. In fact it helps when normals embrace their daft patriotism and then outnumber the nationalist idiots. Make them look like the swivel eyed divs that they are.

Try and make me.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:52 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
It's true about GSTQ - it's not actually the English anthem at all, and we are appropriating it from the Scots, Welsh and Irish to whom it also belongs. The England team should choose a different song, like everyone else has.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:53 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry. I genuinely didn't know your question in the OP was just that! I had assumed you wanted to revisit previous threads on patriotism v nationalism.

In which case, I agree with the posters who said 1996 and the reason is that the NF had rather tainted the union flag.

I'll not post further.
Lol I was being tongue in cheek but actually the original question was just what it was not a rerun. Iíd just watched the 1966 final on C4. Well the end of it.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I look upon it as normality, a kid, man or woman(or what you associate yourself with) waves an England flag in support of the England team. It's not politics or thinking about the crusades. They are supporting their countries team in a cup final, that's about it.

Just to add, it brings the country together who or whatever you are, religions and race so in fact, it is the opposite to what some seem to think what it represents.

But sorry to say some people despise anytime a flag is waved anytime there is a St Georges day wanting to piss on the parade when most and the majority do not even give it a 2nd thought.
Stop moaning Les youíre causing division with your agendas.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Maybe you should keep your tantrums to the politics forum? It's obvious you aren't a football fan so your meltdowns come across far more awkward here. I guess rugby was the sport of choice at your boarding school.
Lol had a season ticket since I was 12 and suspect you’re a lot posher and better off than me. Went to a Lewisham comp and started work as an apprentice if you really want to know

Also lighten up sunshine

Last edited by cockneyrebel; 11-07-2021 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It's true about GSTQ - it's not actually the English anthem at all, and we are appropriating it from the Scots, Welsh and Irish to whom it also belongs. The England team should choose a different song, like everyone else has.
Yeah the anthem is another interesting one. Is there an English anthem?
Old 11-07-2021, 12:02 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Quote:
"Jerusalem" and "I Vow to Thee, my Country" get used.
Billy Bragg has been banging on about this for years. Great if it happens, I suppose.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:02 PM
jft39

Quote:
Not officially, no.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:04 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
In the 70s & 80s the red bar across the middle of the Union Jack did provide better opportunity to stencil out Lower Shittlebury or wherever the bearers were from.
The St George is just made for CPFC to be spelt out in the four sectors though.