Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It's true about GSTQ - it's not actually the English anthem at all, and we are appropriating it from the Scots, Welsh and Irish to whom it also belongs. The England team should choose a different song, like everyone else has.
I would choose Yellow Submarine. English, inclusive and fun.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:07 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
"Jerusalem" and "I Vow to Thee, my Country" get used.
Billy Bragg has been banging on about this for years. Great if it happens, I suppose.
"Jerusalem" has a cracking tune but the words are a bit odd. I know there are various interpretations of the "And did those feet..." bit of "Milton", but none seem to make that much sense to me.

Incidentally, Billy Bragg seems to spend a lot of time these days on Twitter defending the rights of men to use ladies' changing rooms &c.

I wouldn't know IVTTMC if it bit me on the arse.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:08 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Marshall Chess, son of Chess Recordsí founder, who managed The Stones, claimed to have come up with the idea of the tongue.
Marshall Chess is a fibber

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:11 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
"Jerusalem" and "I Vow to Thee, my Country" get used.
Billy Bragg has been banging on about this for years. Great if it happens, I suppose.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is a relatively interesting read.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:11 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I certainly don't immediately associate the lips and tongue logo with flag colours. I know there are different versions but it's usually bright red.
If we were going to be pedantic, the original was just red and white, then a black outline was added to it.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:13 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
"Jerusalem" has a cracking tune but the words are a bit odd. I know there are various interpretations of the "And did those feet..." bit of "Milton", but none seem to make that much sense to me.

Incidentally, Billy Bragg seems to spend a lot of time these days on Twitter defending the rights of men to use ladies' changing rooms &c.

I wouldn't know IVTTMC if it bit me on the arse.
Personally find Jerusalem boring.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:17 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Personally find Jerusalem boring.
Is this because the workers in the dark satanic mills were not out on strike?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:17 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Off to work now, then to a mates for the game, have my three lions shirt on, three lions crest on the back of my van and a St George's flag for the window but I will not outdo all the many Italian flags on houses, cars etc

I have seen but one other car with an England flag such is French Canada

Come on England !!!!
Old 11-07-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Is this because the workers in the dark satanic mills were not out on strike?
Read the link I put up. Itís not about mills or the industrial Revolution.

I didnít know that either until I just read the link but disappointed in you.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I would choose Yellow Submarine. English, inclusive and fun.
And we could have used "Glad to be Gay" for that game that coincided with Pride Week.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Off to work now, then to a mates for the game, have my three lions shirt on, three lions crest on the back of my van and a St George's flag for the window but I will not outdo all the many Italian flags on houses, cars etc

I have seen but one other car with an England flag such is French Canada

Come on England !!!!
I watched the England Ukraine game in Bermondsey near to the old Den. Barely an England flag in sight. You canít do anything these days.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:21 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
And we could have used "Glad to be Gay" for that game that coincided with Pride Week.
Which version?

Old 11-07-2021, 12:23 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
That's interesting. Someone once told me it was designed by Andy Warhol around the time of the Sticky Fingers album cover so I always assumed that was the case. Having just had a look, he had nothing to do with the logo.
Warhol designed the Sticky Fingers cover.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:26 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
If we were going to be pedantic, the original was just red and white, then a black outline was added to it.
Yeah, I know but I meant the tongue innit.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:27 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Which version?
I only know one version, so you'll have to er "fill me in" on what you mean there.
Definitely the Fall's version of "Jerusalem", though.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:30 PM
jft39

Quote:
Definitely the Fall's version of "Jerusalem", though.
Yeah, yeah - we all know you prefer ELP's version.

edit - I have just listened to it and it is truly terrible
Old 11-07-2021, 12:31 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Read the link I put up. Itís not about mills or the industrial Revolution.

I didnít know that either until I just read the link but disappointed in you.
That's just one person's interpretation though. As I said, people will read into it what they want.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:53 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
But have you noticed, every f in politician jumps on the bandwagon whereas English team does well.

Didn't Tony Blair preside over the piss up in No 10 when England won the Ashes in 2005? Didn't he sign off on the MBEs for the team?
I get that. The difference is that it isn't Blair, Brown, Cameron, or May. It is him and his incredibly scummy mates.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:05 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I get that. The difference is that it isn't Blair, Brown, Cameron, or May. It is him and his incredibly scummy mates.
Yep. 13 of the squad qualify to play for other countries. Seeing the home secretary supporting this team is nauseating.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:50 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Quote:
Yep. 13 of the squad qualify to play for other countries. Seeing the home secretary supporting this team is nauseating.
Really? That's an amazing statistic, haven't seen that before. Lots of Irish Grandmas?