Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 14-09-2021, 12:37 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
2021 Apple Event - iPhone 13 etc

The annual September Apple event used to be a major discussion topic here. Isn't anyone interested any more?
Old 14-09-2021, 12:53 PM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've been waiting on the next evolution of the iphone since the X and looks like i'm going to be waiting a bit longer judging by the rumour mill.
Old 14-09-2021, 01:00 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I need a new laptop, so I'm interested in the new Macbooks (rumored 14" and the 16"), but I don't that'll be covered in today's event.
Old 14-09-2021, 02:19 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
My X is knackered. My wife’s 6S is really knackered.

So I’ll buy two, but I suspect next year is where it gets different.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't see the point in caring about the latest iPhone these days when anyone can buy a £150 Huawei or Xiaomi phone that does everything just as well. All smartphones end up lasting around the same amount of time unless you go through the process of getting the battery replaced (and who does, really?). Can't see myself getting excited over a £1200 phone.
Old 14-09-2021, 08:42 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Because they are now an arsehole company focused on sweating the gross margin above all else?
Old 14-09-2021, 09:14 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
My X is knackered. My wifeís 6S is really knackered.

So Iíll buy two, but I suspect next year is where it gets different.
My wife's 6S was knackered so we got her a 12 with 128meg.
My 6 is even more knackered and I will replace it with a (hopefully now) reduced price 12. Not interested in what the 13 has to offer, only its downward pressure on the 12 pricing.
I expect to be able to use the 12 equally as long as I have managed with the 6, if not longer actually.
Old 14-09-2021, 09:24 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
There is very little innovation these days across all the manufacturers, probably hasn't been for a good few years.
Old 15-09-2021, 02:36 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
I'm knackered, but think I may splash out on my first ever Apple watch.

Not 100% sure it's very good value for money, but if one can't indulge oneself a little occasionally what is the point of getting so knackered ?

Cruel trick to launch it but then leave it vague as to when it will be available.
Old 15-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Not 100% sure it's very good value for money, but if one can't indulge oneself a little occasionally what is the point of getting so knackered ?

Cruel trick to launch it but then leave it vague as to when it will be available.
Good bit of kit (although there not a whole lot of upgrades over the 6, if you fancy saving a few quid)

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 15-09-2021, 03:54 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
The trick with an Apple device is not to use a banking app on it. Otherwise, it knows when you can afford to buy a new Apple device.
Old 15-09-2021, 03:58 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I can get the new iPhone in pink? Sold.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 15-09-2021, 06:43 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
I actually need a new phone but was a little underwhelmed this time around.

Can anyone here actually convince me in favour of the new iPhone?
Old 15-09-2021, 06:49 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

The must use the same PR team as Palace's club shop!
Old 15-09-2021, 07:00 PM
Laths

laths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unless you want a better camera, slightly faster processor and a bit longer battery life over the 12 what’s the point ?
Old 15-09-2021, 07:05 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laths View Post
Unless you want a better camera, slightly faster processor and a bit longer battery life over the 12 whatís the point ?
It's a valid point, but on the basis that I dont think many people upgrade every time there's new iPhone to be had, but continue to use their iPhone for many years, you might be able to make a case for buying the highest spec'ed phone to give it a bit of extra longevity.
Having said that, the difference between a 12 and a 13 isn't big enough for me to shell out the extra for a 13 over a 12.
Old 16-09-2021, 05:23 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
It's a valid point, but on the basis that I dont think many people upgrade every time there's new iPhone to be had, but continue to use their iPhone for many years, you might be able to make a case for buying the highest spec'ed phone to give it a bit of extra longevity.
Having said that, the difference between a 12 and a 13 isn't big enough for me to shell out the extra for a 13 over a 12.
See for me it is, it’s only £50 difference. Though I suppose if you don’t need the increase in storage and can get away with the lower base storage in the 12 then the gap in price is bigger.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-09-2021, 08:03 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Good bit of kit (although there not a whole lot of upgrades over the 6, if you fancy saving a few quid)
But that is the genius/evil of Apple, isn't it ? Human nature is to want the best and a fear being left behind. Now I'm happy to leave it 2-3 years between 'phone upgrades, because I see little point in upgrading unless there is a significant new feature (last done to get dual-SIM capability, so I could have both work & personal numbers on one 'phone), but in buying a new watch I can't resist buying the newest.

You are, of course, right that a 6 would do everything I want, but I admit that I am being Appled ...
Old 16-09-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
The trick with an Apple device is not to use a banking app on it. Otherwise, it knows when you can afford to buy a new Apple device.
LOL !
Old 16-09-2021, 08:04 AM

I see that, having started the thread, James couldn't be arsed to return to it, so he's answered his own question in the original post.