Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 20-10-2021, 11:01 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
There are a number of reasons why streams work/don't work. One, but only one, is that ISPs block access to the particular addresses that host streams. If you were having a poor experience logged in to a Spanish IP address it is unlikely a VPN would have helped much I suspect.
Yeah I think that's the problem, when I'm in my house I seem to be fine, when I'm at my girlfriends everything is blocked, we have different providers.

I never miss a game, but it's getting harder I need a solution, might even have to pay! What about Palace TV do they now have all palace matches live and does it actually work?
Old 20-10-2021, 11:05 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Are you in Spain, Sick Bucket? DAZN has all the games for ten euros a month.
Old 20-10-2021, 11:33 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Are you in Spain, Sick Bucket? DAZN has all the games for ten euros a month.

Oh ok great thanks, yeah just checked it out looks good.
Old 20-10-2021, 11:54 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by breagles View Post
On SD using Surfshark VPN and all ok currently
I know very little about VPNs . I only really want one so i can watch Palace and a few Premier / Championship games . I get internet through BT , unlimited usage , a VPN wont affect this will it ? Also i understand some VPNs slow the speed down. Will every site i visit go through a VPN or do you get option to select which do and which dont ? Apologies for naivety .
Old 21-10-2021, 09:05 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
I know very little about VPNs . I only really want one so i can watch Palace and a few Premier / Championship games . I get internet through BT , unlimited usage , a VPN wont affect this will it ? Also i understand some VPNs slow the speed down. Will every site i visit go through a VPN or do you get option to select which do and which dont ? Apologies for naivety .
A VPN will always throttle your speeds. I go from nearly 400mbps to under 100 when I turn mine on.

Once you turn your vpn on, it's on. Your IP address has changed and you're "in a different country". Some people like using one all the time as they like the anonymity. Every website etc they visit shows them at an IP address in a different country than they're actually in.

I only ever turn mine on if there are IPTV blocks. Change country and it's fine.
Old 21-10-2021, 09:11 AM

Yeah you can just switch the VPN on or off whenever you want.
Old 21-10-2021, 09:15 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I rarely ever use mine TBH. A lot of the 'decent' providers (I believe) can sort it their end before it gets to you. Only on very rare occasions do I ever have to turn mine on. However, if you rely on IPTV and the thought of not being able to watch a Palace game is life and death stuff (me!), then having one is essential, as much as having back up services to your main one.
Old 21-10-2021, 09:54 AM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Oh ok great thanks, yeah just checked it out looks good.
It’s excellent - apart from the commentary.
Old 21-10-2021, 11:49 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
A VPN will always throttle your speeds. I go from nearly 400mbps to under 100 when I turn mine on.

Once you turn your vpn on, it's on. Your IP address has changed and you're "in a different country". Some people like using one all the time as they like the anonymity. Every website etc they visit shows them at an IP address in a different country than they're actually in.

I only ever turn mine on if there are IPTV blocks. Change country and it's fine.
Thanks for all your comments . Surfshark looks decent ? Offer of £1.81 per month for 2 years ( but paid up front ) , 30 day money back guarantee and no loss of speed ? . I have very limited knowledge but many articles say be wary of sites that offer free VPN . From comments here , for what i need , all i need to do is to set a country and switch VPN either on and off .
Old 21-10-2021, 11:51 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks for all your comments . Surfshark looks decent ? Offer of £1.81 per month for 2 years ( but paid up front ) , 30 day money back guarantee and no loss of speed ? . I have very limited knowledge but many articles say be wary of sites that offer free VPN . From comments here , for what i need , all i need to do is to set a country and switch VPN either on and off .
Yep. Good price and good provider. Whatever you do, don't set your country to Australia or some other far away land.
Old 21-10-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Yep. Good price and good provider. Whatever you do, don't set your country to Australia or some other far away land.
I quite like thought of Australia . I will set as Netherlands as you suggested .
Old 21-10-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
When VPN is active , my Homepage is all in Dutch
Old 21-10-2021, 11:13 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
When VPN is active , my Homepage is all in Dutch
You only need it to watch football when there are blocks on people in the UK watching 3pm kick offs
Old 25-10-2021, 07:42 PM

VPN seemed to work well on Saturday for Palace game . However , i have noticed that when i have had video call , my cam freezes and my friends cam also does a few seconds later , before no picture at all . Could this be linked to VPN ?
Old 26-10-2021, 11:40 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
They have been aggressive with the 3pm IP blocks recently. I've found a VPN to be more or less essential.
Old 26-10-2021, 11:50 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
They have been aggressive with the 3pm IP blocks recently. I've found a VPN to be more or less essential.

Last edited by stinky; 26-07-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Old 26-10-2021, 11:54 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is Sport's Donkey still going or is there another alternative? Got a little un due at the start of December, so I may as well get some cricket in while I'm not getting any sleep...

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright Website

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 26-10-2021, 12:08 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyspyjamas View Post
Is Sport's Donkey still going or is there another alternative? Got a little un due at the start of December, so I may as well get some cricket in while I'm not getting any sleep...
I used to be with SD but gave up just about a year ago on Stinkys recommendation. Since then I have only had one issue and that was with my ISP blocking that a VPN sorted. Glad I made the change

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 26-10-2021, 12:14 PM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
I used to be with SD but gave up just about a year ago on Stinkys recommendation. Since then I have only had one issue and that was with my ISP blocking that a VPN sorted. Glad I made the change
What do you use now? I had a SD sub a couple of years ago but looking around at other alternatives.

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright Website

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 26-10-2021, 12:59 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Watched Palace on Saturday without a single buffer and no VPN.
I suspect much will depend on your ISP. Mine doesn't seem to block anything, but many of the larger ones will.