Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 05-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by DANCOO

That AKs was a bad call wasn't it.

Nice little win there.

I've found AK to be quite costly lately as well doing similar plays to what you did. Very tricky hand to play.
I think with the all in raise you've got to be thinking pocket pairs putting you at just below 50% to take the pot. Since you went out he must have been 1st or 2nd so it would have been a very brave all in holding anything but pocket pairs in that position. Perhaps folding and biding your time was the best option (you weren't being blinded out at that stage?) Hindsight is a great thing.

Well played, anyway.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:36 AM

PoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Haven't been playing too much recently, so surprised to get my biggest win last night/this morning.

That AKs was a bad call wasn't it.

Nice win

I think you are being harsh on yourself with the AK. You made the call based on previous information and when the 2 hands were flipped over you were 50/50.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:39 AM

PoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by citizen sane
Can anyone recommend any good poker books specificaly for mtt & stt or internet play in general .
I found John Vorhaus' Killer Poker Online a decent book for helping my online game. However, it is more for the psychology and approach rather than specific strategies for particular games.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:06 AM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Thanks for the positives.

oz_da - the screenshot was taken a couple of hands later, but I think he was in about third and I was actually fourth, can't really remember ( and no, I wasn't being blinded out ).

Poolking - the 22 he called was when he was sitting in around 7th, so maybe he felt he needed to do it then.

As far as AK goes, I see the top online laddies players go all-in with it all the time ( calling all-in, and raising all-in ), it is very rarely played too slowly, maybe this is because of the amount of people who go all in with hands like AQ,AJ,KQ,small pp's etc...
Generally ( only the last six months ), I tend to play AK very strong and am not afraid to put all my chips in with it ( unless there is a huge amount of action before me maybe ), it seemed to get me far in this tourney anyway.

Last edited by DANCOO; 05-05-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:12 AM

citizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by PoolKing
I found John Vorhaus' Killer Poker Online a decent book for helping my online game. However, it is more for the psychology and approach rather than specific strategies for particular games.
Never heard of this one but I'll take a look , thanks
Old 05-05-2006, 08:25 AM

citizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

As far as AK goes, I see the top online laddies players go all-in with it all the time ( calling all-in, and raising all-in ), it is very rarely played too slowly, maybe this is because of the amount of people who go all in with hands like AQ,AJ,KQ,small pp's etc...
Generally ( only the last six months ), I tend to play AK very strong and am not afraid to put all my chips in with it ( unless there is a huge amount of action before me maybe ), it seemed to get me far in this tourney anyway.
Nice win Dan

For whats it worth I would have played that hand the same in your position , you was just lost the coin-flip - on another day though AK would have won the race and you'd have been sitting pretty .
Old 05-05-2006, 08:41 AM

Quote:

In short handed stt when the blinds are low , I'll just flat call with AK unless I'm on the button when everyone has limped in , In which case I'll raise to clear the field a bit . Ideally i don't want anymore than 2/3 in the hand with me , it also makes it easier to lay down if you miss the flop totally .

Maybe not the best way of playing it , but i always try to " hide " big hands early on because if people see you've slow played something like this it tends to make them a bit wary of you in future hands , which i find has some big advantages later on in the game when the blinds are bigger .
Old 05-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by PoolKing
I'm half way through it right now.
Finding it quite useful.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:54 AM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Playing at work can be a nightmare.

Holding AKs ( ), but a work colleague walks in. Manage to call the BB but then have to quickly switch displays. While he's talking ( but not looking ), I mange to switch displays back, to see a player has raised it up $4 ( he does big raises and bets heavily often ). I could do nothing but switch my display back and let my hand time out.

On a side note, I've just been made redundant - would you put down 'Playing Poker' as an interest on your CV?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just watching poker night live replay and there's a player on there called Eagles_CPFC... anyone on here?
Old 05-05-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Selhurst
Just watching poker night live replay and there's a player on there called Eagles_CPFC... anyone on here?
When I used to play on William Hill there was a bloke with a username which linked him to Crystal Palace - can't recall if it was Eagles_CPFC or not though.
I asked him if he was BBS...but he wasn't...he was with the Dark Side.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rated? Handicapped?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Israeli International

David Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Put 5 in my account today.

Lost my first sit and go fairly (JJ v AA). The next two though were AQ v A8. 8 on the turn, 8 on the river. Why he even called my all-in I don't know. Then I was holding pocket 9s. 9 on the flop. I call all-in. The guy holding 78 u/s calls for whatever reason and hits a T on the turn and a J on the river! Urgh!

Went onto the $0.05/$0.10 cash games though and turned $1 into $18 but my! Laddies can be a pain.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Israeli International

David Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just had one tourney.

$5 five seater. All of us left. Pocket 8s. Raise 600. Get re-raised an extra 200 (they are all-in).

They have 77. Flop is 268. Three of a kind. Turn is 5. River is 4.

Unreal. Wait for a hand. Eventually get TT. Raise all-in. Other guy (second bottom) calls it. He has KT. Turn K. River K, just to rub salt in the wound once more.

I just cannot believe my luck.

Edit: Ho hum, just lost an all-in call to a flush on the turn and river.

Last edited by David Amsalem; 12-05-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:05 AM

$12K GTD $20 re-buy, 240 entrants, 37 left. I'm sitting in about 12th (top 20 get paid).
Get AQs UTG, so bet 3 x BB, three callers.
Flop comes something like 2A9.
Big blind goes all in 35,000 (he was in about 5th), I stupidly go all in for all of my chips.
He turns over AK, I go out in 37th.

Conclusion - I should immediately have realised he had something big to put all his chips in from the big blind, and should have put him on AK or two pair, but I called anyway.

Not only that, but there were two players to act after me aswell, and they could have been holding trips for all I know.

It's the sort of call I might be making in the early rounds where a few of the crap players are still in who would have put all their chips in holding A5 and I can always re-buy if I need to, but that far into a tourney, you need to give the players who are left an amount of credit for being half decnt.

Only good thing to come out of it, is that I am able to see in hindsight what I did wrong and why, whereas six months ago I would have put it down to me being unlucky...not stupid.

Still kicking myself over this this morning, my tourney play has really come on a lot and my target is always to finish in the money now, whereas it used to be just to try and do well and not make many mistakes.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Anyone heard of Bigslick the new poker club opened in Purley? To view the link you have to Register or Login - gonna give it a wirl tonight and will let you know what the deals are there.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:38 AM

grey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
play on pokerroom had couple of nice results alst couple of days
5th in $5 407 starters
and 9 th in $20 about 240 starters , but pissed off went out with AA against 77 with another 7 on the river
really tend to go in waves though , i think they just let me get a good stack and then i go on a bad run
Old 12-05-2006, 08:58 AM
moon baboon

kong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramakong was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panorama
Hi all,

I started playing with Blue Sq a few months ago, entry-level STTs, and have in the last fortnight started on the MTTs - $5 buy ins and the like - first one I finished about 11th out of 300-odd and then in the next got to last 20, but oh how I find it hard to keep my discipline - particularly after a few beers - form's trailed off and I played like an idiot last Friday. Prob be back on tonight - the poker (and probably the beers!)

After someone's recommendation (can't remember who, sorry) I bought the first Harrington book and it's helped my game no end - I now feel like I kind-of know what I'm doing... Very early days though...

I've got to say tho, loads of people on Blue Sq slate it, despite continuing to play on it, but it's the only one I've tried and it seems alright to me.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
Originally posted by kong
I find it hard to keep my discipline - particularly after a few beers - form's trailed off and I played like an idiot last Friday. Prob be back on tonight - the poker (and probably the beers!)

After someone's recommendation
Don't drink beer when wanting to play "good poker"?

Old 12-05-2006, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oz_da II
Don't drink beer when wanting to play "good poker"?
I tend to be able to keep my form after a few beers, tiredness is the one for me which will destory game.