Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Other than the fact the stewards hadn't been well enough trained, what else were your concerns?

I forgot to add the thing that really annoyed me: when the tannoy announcement described fans as 'guests'!

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-04-2019, 10:14 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
There's an online article from 2003 where there was a proposal to extend the Victoria Line to near the ground but it was rejected on cost grounds. The clearance process does require more thought. I'd suggest more trains from Northumberland Park down would be the easiest option that could be implemented immediately.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:19 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Behind us were some of the worst Palace 'fans' I ever come across. Just shouting dogs abuse about Hodgson and our players, calling for subs and then the minute Townsend and Benteke come on slagging off how shit they were.

Stupidity, a loud mouth and cocaine are a terrible combo. I am far from being the perfect fan, but god do you really have to share your miserable view of everything so abusively.

There are always few idiots and it is pot luck if you happen to sit near to them, but the away crowd at Spurs did seem a bit different.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:20 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
There's an online article from 2003 where there was a proposal to extend the Victoria Line to near the ground but it was rejected on cost grounds. The clearance process does require more thought. I'd suggest more trains from Northumberland Park down would be the easiest option that could be implemented immediately.
Well it would help if the one 10 minutes after the game to Stratford that was completely empty had remembered to stop instead of going straight through!
Old 05-04-2019, 10:28 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
My points included :

Poor Stewarding
Cramped Seating
Away Fans Location
Programme Availability
Transport Problems
Old 05-04-2019, 10:32 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
I also expressed some Health and Safety Issues as I have a Health and Safety background.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:42 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
I didn't fit in my seat. Fortunately only had to suffer 15 minutes of half time in it. God knows if it's that cramped for Spurs fans as well.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 05-04-2019, 11:00 AM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
It partly becomes a chicken and egg argument. If they improve the Northumberland Park service so that a lot more fans used it the local roads will not cope with the long queues. The longer walking distances actually help control crowd dispersal and this technique is often used at Underground stations where the signed walkways are often not the shortest distance to the platforms such as at Kings Cross and Victoria.
A big problem is clearing the platform before the next train comes in as happened at White Hart Lane. They usually allow about 30 seconds for loading on schedules but with crowded platforms this could take up to 2 mins so the frequency of service would be limited as this is also now the line to Stanstead so cannot block fast trains. They have already vastly increased the frequency of trains to about 12 per hour from an original 1/2 hourly service. Probably could increase the length of trains as before the game they were only 4 cars long. Same problem often occurs at Selhurst and Norwood Junction.

Walking distances from the away end to stations on Google maps are:
White Hart Lane 0.4 miles
Northunberland Park 0.6 miles
Tottenham Hale 1.4 miles
Seven Sisters 1.7 miles
Silver Street 0.9 miles

They are due to open a new station next month with 4 platforms at Meridan Water to potentially be used as part of Crossrail 2 and which is north of Northumberland Park and is 0.8 miles from the ground. It is not yet clear if this could be used as a relief option for Northhumberland Park.

Last edited by CJ PLUM; 05-04-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:40 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Behind us were some of the worst Palace 'fans' I ever come across. Just shouting dogs abuse about Hodgson and our players, calling for subs and then the minute Townsend and Benteke come on slagging off how shit they were.

Stupidity, a loud mouth and cocaine are a terrible combo. I am far from being the perfect fan, but god do you really have to share your miserable view of everything so abusively.

There are always few idiots and it is pot luck if you happen to sit near to them, but the away crowd at Spurs did seem a bit different.
Same. Almost like a home match. Points system partly to blame. I don't think anyone can realistically refute that.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:01 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Same. Almost like a home match. Points system partly to blame. I don't think anyone can realistically refute that.
How?
Old 06-04-2019, 09:54 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
My points included :

Poor Stewarding
Cramped Seating
Away Fans Location
Programme Availability
Transport Problems
Got to feel for the poor sods who have to deal with complaints like this.

Programme availability ffs
Old 09-04-2019, 01:56 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Got to feel for the poor sods who have to deal with complaints like this.

Programme availability ffs
I agree if you really found enough to warrant complaint in a superb facility like that. You will simply always find something to complain about in my opinion.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have emailed the FSF with my concerns over certain issues regarding this match.

They asked me to do this after I had initially contacted them by phone.

I was not impressed by the stewards lack of knowledge both inside and outside of the stadium and I spoke to many of them who did not have a clue where things were located amongst other things.
Not a great situation and stewarding is key to safety at times, but it's hardly surprising at a new venue . If the same issues persist, that's a concern (though consistency of personnel is one shared at many stadia because of the nature of hiring zero hour staff on low pay).
Old 09-04-2019, 04:22 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have emailed the FSF with my concerns over certain issues regarding this match.

They asked me to do this after I had initially contacted them by phone.

I was not impressed by the stewards lack of knowledge both inside and outside of the stadium and I spoke to many of them who did not have a clue where things were located amongst other things.
We were literally I think we actually were the first three in the away end. We asked three steward including one carrying his shopping from Sainsburys!! and NONE knew where the away end was!! "Around there I think".
Old 09-04-2019, 05:56 PM

jake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I agree if you really found enough to warrant complaint in a superb facility like that. You will simply always find something to complain about in my opinion.
And a quick reminder , spurs fans sit in the Arthur Waite when they come to us !!
Old 09-04-2019, 07:08 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Not a great situation and stewarding is key to safety at times, but it's hardly surprising at a new venue . If the same issues persist, that's a concern (though consistency of personnel is one shared at many stadia because of the nature of hiring zero hour staff on low pay).
Maybe it would have been more appropriate to ask one of their many ‘fanbassadors’ for directions, rather than a steward?

They had loads of them around, with flags out their backpacks and guides in their hands. Ofcourse a steward should know, but there were others present to help.

We had no trouble finding the away end. Our tickets were for entrance 11, and we simply followed the illuminated signs. Piece of cake.