Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 19-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

I’m puzzled why they felt the need to introduce this ballot when most games go down the priority ladder to members anyway.

I can see the marketing attraction and if it’s just a few tickets then there’s little harm done. But for the most popular matches it does mean that others with points are not getting tickets which they otherwise would have done.
It's the club trying to add value to the membership package. They probably know that people who are 'just' members (ie who are not season ticket holders) didn't get a sniff for a few of the aways last season

There was criticism regarding the ever growing points total needed to qualify for some away games - a young or new supporter is never going to catch up with the top 2 thousand fans when a game like Spurs away comes around. By having a ballot, then it isn't a completely closed shop, and in the same way, dropping the points requirement to buy an away season ticket to 1500 also opens up that avenue for a more committed newer fan.

A bit of transparency over the number of tickets allocated to each ballot would be good, perhaps the Supporters Trust could ask the question at their next meeting?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 19-08-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 19-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStryker View Post
When do we think tkts will be available and what sort of allocation do we get. Fancy a day out and itís on one of my few weekends off.
On second thoughts my lawn needs cutting.
Old 19-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím puzzled why they felt the need to introduce this ballot when most games go down the priority ladder to members anyway. I can see the marketing attraction and if itís just a few tickets then thereís little harm done. But for the most popular matches it does mean that others with points are not getting tickets which they otherwise would have done.
Purely a marketing exercise to try to sell a few gold memberships. The loyalty points scheme has had very little integrity anyway since points for food, drink and merchandise was introduced, so this ballot thing makes little difference really.
Old 19-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
It's the club trying to add value to the membership package. They probably know that people who are 'just' members (ie who are not season ticket holders) didn't get a sniff for a few of the aways last season

There was criticism regarding the ever growing points total needed to qualify for some away games - a young or new supporter is never going to catch up with the top 2 thousand fans when a game like Spurs away comes around. By having a ballot, then it isn't a completely closed shop, and in the same way, dropping the points requirement to buy an away season ticket to 1500 also opens up that avenue for a more committed newer fan.

A bit of transparency over the number of tickets allocated to each ballot would be good, perhaps the Supporters Trust could ask the question at their next meeting?
Itís bizarre to promote two different systems for qualifying for tickets. Every time thereís a big attractive match, people whine they canít get tickets. But it has to be remembered that the club has a limited number of tickets so if someone effectively queue jumps to get one, then there must be another Palace fan who gets nothing as a consequence.

Iíve no problem with a few tickets in a ballot, but we donít actually know if thatís the case. To put it in context, we recently won ballot tickets for a London show, but it was just one pair per night.

Iíve also no real problem with the fans who have the most points getting the tickets for the few matches that donít go all the way down the ladder. Maybe itís just me, but if a fan has more points than me and therefore beats me to a ticket for a match like Dover away, Iím absolutely fine about it. My two mates who went had definitely put in more years and journeys than I had, so good luck to them.

I do agree with the other poster that the points shouldnít be awarded for merchandise etc, but thatís another matter.

There are also plenty of matches that members do qualify for tickets for anyway.
Old 19-08-2019, 11:55 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Maybe I should add that whilst I could buy a ticket for Spurs today, I decided against it.

I only went there a few months ago and I do think it would be nice for someone else to see the nice shiny new stadium.

The fact that I hate the tedious walk to the tube and we played so badly away yesterday had no influence on my decision.
Old 19-08-2019, 12:05 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I agree there should be some transparency re how many tickets are being set aside for the ballot.

I wonder what those on comparatively high points but not able to purchase for several more days feel about it.

Iím puzzled why they felt the need to introduce this ballot when most games go down the priority ladder to members anyway. I can see the marketing attraction and if itís just a few tickets then thereís little harm done. But for the most popular matches it does mean that others with points are not getting tickets which they otherwise would have done.
Don't feel great about Yoda, don't feel great at all. Especially given my club shop purchases would have taken me to get a ticket today but, the machine wasn't working to register the points and the shop now won't add them retrospectively...

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 19-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The England away travel club split tickets (which are regularly oversubscribed) between loyalty and lottery. As long as the system is transparent (with England, any fan can look at the points totals to gauge where they are in the pecking order comparative to other members) people are fine with it.

FWIW I think the tickets will go a lot 'further' than last year.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 19-08-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
The England away travel club split tickets (which are regularly oversubscribed) between loyalty and lottery. As long as the system is transparent (with England, any fan can look at the points totals to gauge where they are in the pecking order comparative to other members) people are fine with it.

But are all the England away matches over-subscribed?

The point Iím making re Palace is that most of the away matches are not over-subscribed, so members can buy them anyway.

I guess I get cheesed off when Palace have a more juicy fixture and then every time there are people moaning that they canít get tickets, when they had no interest in purchasing tickets for matches that they deemed less attractive.

Iíll be at the Colchester match next week, in a half empty stadium. But if we reached the final (ha-ha, unlikely I know!), thereíll be threads of whingers on here moaning they donít qualify for a ticket for their kid (whoíd love to come to his first match) or a grandad who hasnít been since the 70s!
Old 19-08-2019, 01:51 PM

mether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

With England after a certain time a season points were discarded giving a chance for lower points to catch up . Always worked well for me stayed in the top bracket till I called it a day.
Old 19-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Collecting Palace tat

About half the England away matches are oversubscribed. If you want to be sure of a ticket, you go to every home game, every away game you can get a ticket for, and gradually you 'overtake' people who pick and choose. It works over a period of time because I also used to be in the top 70% for even the smaller away allocations (when I used to go all the time)

And as mether said, they chop off the oldest points every 2 years.

My reference to the England system was merely that they were transparent over how many people had how many points. So you could see if you were in the top 1000, top 2000, and so on. Pretty useful if you wanted to have a clear idea if you were going to be certain of World Cup tickets (or not) once you knew the allocations.

To be honest, all the time points are awarded for buying burgers and merch, the Palace system is a murky system anyway

Old 19-08-2019, 02:11 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Agree, a Retail // Concession Stand Loyalty scheme could have been put in place as well as a ticket one. Surely the technology exists to have one card accumulating two different types of points in point of sale software?

Old 19-08-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
About half the England away matches are oversubscribed. If you want to be sure of a ticket, you go to every home game, every away game you can get a ticket for, and gradually you 'overtake' people who pick and choose. It works over a period of time because I also used to be in the top 70% for even the smaller away allocations (when I used to go all the time)

And as mether said, they chop off the oldest points every 2 years.

My reference to the England system was merely that they were transparent over how many people had how many points. So you could see if you were in the top 1000, top 2000, and so on. Pretty useful if you wanted to have a clear idea if you were going to be certain of World Cup tickets (or not) once you knew the allocations.

To be honest, all the time points are awarded for buying burgers and merch, the Palace system is a murky system anyway
I agree.

Seems lots of things at Palace are Ďmurkyí at the moment!
Old 20-08-2019, 09:33 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They still on sale?
Old 20-08-2019, 09:38 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Meh. Terrible away day.
Old 20-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStryker View Post
On second thoughts my lawn needs cutting.

Old 20-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Flights booked, tickets ordered. Block 117 again.

Land Gatwick 10:10, straight to ground.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 20-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Block 115 for me, might now have to travel from Norwich to Spurs via Bournemouth. But, there we go.

Old 20-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Just been in the box office to pick up a different ticket. They said demand has been a lot lower and selling pretty standard, suggested it was likely to reach the last level quite easily.
Old 20-08-2019, 11:40 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
I'm surprised by that as I thought it could be the highest demand of the season (in the league) but Sunday's result has probably affected it.

I got my ticket yesterday morning.
Old 20-08-2019, 12:02 PM

I imagine a combination of, it is still the summer holidays, the garbage performance on Sunday and the fact that we have 3 London derbies in 6 weeks.