Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 21-08-2019, 05:12 PM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
No, plenty still available. Try logging out and back in, and if there's still nothing showing online call the box office.
Thank you EE. All sorted.
Old 22-08-2019, 03:32 PM

mether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStryker View Post
On second thoughts my lawn needs cutting.
hope you put the lawn mower away.still tickets selling.
Old 22-08-2019, 04:13 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
We’re not bothering this time
Old 23-08-2019, 09:37 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
After the experience the last time it is no wonder that some fans are swerving going to Spurs again and it has very little to do with Palace's start to the season.

I have been to 84 different league and non-league grounds watching Palace and the visit to Spurs was one of the worst experiences that I have encountered.
Old 23-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm looking forward to it. Last season I felt like I rushed it, having not set off until I'd collected my son from school. I was also a bit anxious about how well they'd manage the queues to get in, the bag restrictions etc.

Knowing what I like to do, I'm back to my old routine of driving there (albeit having booked a driveway to park on rather than street parking in the old days, as the controlled parking zone is much bigger now). And I'll be getting there a lot earlier so I can have a proper walk around it and take it all in. I'll be visiting their supposedly massive club shop, which I didn't have time for last time, and will have time to enjoy lunch at my favourite nearby café on the High Road. I do like to have routines!

The old White Hart Lane ground, despite being all seater for it's last 20+ years or so was always an atmospheric away ground to visit, in terms of the buzz on the residential streets that surrounded the ground, the sounds, the smells, the stalls, the general hubbub of the place, and by managing to stay on the same spot, I am sure many elements will have the same feel for me this time around.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 23-08-2019, 10:12 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Easy peasy. 11 minutes train to Stratford and then to Northumberland Park or Meridien. Alternatively I might make a day of it. I once walked from WHL to London Bridge Station and it was like seeing the world in two hours.
Old 23-08-2019, 10:50 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts View Post
Couldn't make last season, but in previous years at the old ground I always used Northumberland Park without much fuss.

Is the consensus that it's still fine, even with the added capacity? Or would it make more sense to walk to Seven Sisters?
Seven sisters was very busy but Tottenham Hale, which is only slightly out of the way on that walk, was empty.
Old 23-08-2019, 10:52 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
If I was able bodied then I would not worry about the transport or lack of leg-room but sadly this is not the case and for me it was a no-brainer to give the new Spurs stadium experience a wide berth even though it is my nearest ground and I have been to many Palace matches at Spurs.

The old White Hart Lane was a pleasure to visit as a disabled fan but the new ground leaves a lot to be desired from my experience.
Old 23-08-2019, 11:20 AM

Spoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Far better experience than the so called 'London' Stadium. I'm sure travel will be better this time. Might just stick around for half hour after, have a beer and let the crowds subside.
Old 23-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
If I was able bodied then I would not worry about the transport or lack of leg-room but sadly this is not the case and for me it was a no-brainer to give the new Spurs stadium experience a wide berth even though it is my nearest ground and I have been to many Palace matches at Spurs.

The old White Hart Lane was a pleasure to visit as a disabled fan but the new ground leaves a lot to be desired from my experience.
Sorry to read that. We could probably do with your positivity on the day hd!
Old 23-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:

Was the problem the ground or getting to/from it?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 23-08-2019, 11:39 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Was the problem the ground or getting to/from it?
It was fine, just a few very minor problems with inexperienced stewards
Old 23-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Getting there took me 25 minutes, getting into my seat took nearly an hour due to the totally inept stewards not having a clue where my seat actually was located and I asked 10 of them and they all were clueless.

The seat itself was so cramped that when seated your knees were actually pushed up against the the large metal tubing supporting the seat in front of you, only at Brentford have I been allocated such unsuitable seating for anyone over 6 foot tall.

After the game Northumberland Park station was full to capacity and so fans were being directed to go to Tottenham Hale which is a long way from Northumberland Park.

I live North of Spurs which does limit my transport options as I am not heading back into London.
Old 23-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The large metal tubing is in fact the safe standing rail. Spurs have installed safe standing rails at their main home end and also in the away section. This is because it is expected that the law will be changed to allow safe standing at Premier League and Championship grounds, and it's in the away end because probably 90% of away fans stand
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 23-08-2019, 03:45 PM

I will question whether Spurs seating meets the current regulations if this is the case as for a seated fan it is not acceptable and I also have to question just how long it would take to evacuate the stadium in the event of an emergency as you would have to literally queue in your row until there was sufficient space to move out of your seat.

I shall be raising these questions at my next meeting of the CPFC DSA.
Old 23-08-2019, 03:53 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was your seat spot ect acctualy where everyone was standing in the safe standing or at the back where the disable fans were sitting elevated up a bit
Old 23-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Of course Spurs' new ground meets all the current regs! The opening was delayed by months to ensure it complied with every safety test and requirement going!

I've not heard anyone else complain about the legroom, mine was fine, it was hardly Kenilworth Road in there!

Old 23-08-2019, 04:11 PM

Eaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betray
How many are left then? I have a season ticket and with about 3500 points so if there are any left will I get one?
Old 23-08-2019, 04:43 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
and I also have to question just how long it would take to evacuate the stadium in the event of an emergency as you would have to literally queue in your row until there was sufficient space to move out of your seat.
Is this not the case with all all-seater grounds? I often have to wait a few minutes (maybe a couple) in our row in the UH for people already coming down the steps to pass.
Old 23-08-2019, 04:47 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez View Post
How many are left then? I have a season ticket and with about 3500 points so if there are any left will I get one?
Don't know numbers but the ticket site is still showing all five blocks available the same as it was at 1000am when I logged on for my ticket this morning.