Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 01-05-2019, 12:28 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Bands/Artists that took you ages to get into...

The bands that didn't click with you on first listen, but you kept going back to for some reason. For me, the most obvious were Burial and Kendrick Lamar. You can probably find posts on here from my writing them off. But now I really dig them.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 01-05-2019, 11:52 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Stone Roses, Bob Dylan and Radiohead (though I've recently reversed somewhat in that regard, don't fancy any Radiohead post The Bends much anymore, probably from overlistening).
Old 02-05-2019, 08:41 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I'm not sure there are artists as such, but definitely albums.

The Sharon Van Etten album from last year is the obvious answer. I thought it was distinctly average last year, and is now my most listened to album of 2019.
Diiv, were a highly rated indie band a few years back, and my mates raved about them. I couldn't get the first album at all, but the 2nd album blew me away.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Joni Mitchell. Couldn’t get past her voice on those 60s records. By and large, the records that reach deepest are often the ones you have to work to find your way into, aren’t they? Especially as you get older and more befuddled. I didn’t really get Mingus for ages, either.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:05 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Neil Young, an ex of mine loved him and played his albums a lot I hated it, in the 18 years since we split up I've really started to like him,I saw her recently and she can't believe I'm into him so much now.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:15 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Steely Dan, just copied this from a post I did a few years ago ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Steely Dan are one of those bands that creep up on you, without you noticing that you like them. There's the odd track now and again you hear and like, then you listen to a compilation, then seek out the original albums. A few months later you are hooked without realising it.

Hated them when I was younger because the music sounded so slick, clean and produced. Once they sneaked in under my radar then the lyrics started kicking in too.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Fleetwood Mac, Siouxsie and the Banshees, China Crisis and The Stranglers

Late to the party but into all of them big time now.

Elton John had started turning my head recently too. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road has me by the cojones at the moment. Never paid it much attention until a fortnight ago.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Steely Dan, of course.