Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:17 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Man Utd need a right back. Valencia being released and Ashley Young letting his name down by getting old.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:56 AM

Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Man Utd need a right back. Valencia being released and Ashley Young letting his name down by getting old.

Hopefully Wilf will have a word about the joys of Manchester United!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:07 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mags View Post
Hopefully Wilf will have a word about the joys of Manchester United!
Exactly, and seeing that Herve Zaha is part of his agents group, can't see him going there. As Wilf tweeted when he was up there, "Is there ANYTHING to do in Manchester on a Sunday?"
Parish and Salthouse will sort out an improved contract in a similar region to Declan Rice's new 5 year West Ham contract, around £35k a week, with provisions for more rapid increases throughout his early twenties depending on what he has achieved. A bit like Wilf really.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:17 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
stones 50m, walker 50m. AWB younger and better plus 2 years football transfer inflation suggests 80m min

Given its Palace it'll prob be 40m but...............
Old 05-03-2019, 10:23 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Have to look at it – for AWB at his stage of his career, game time is crucial. We should tie him down on a £££ contract, with incremental rises for the longer he stays. Then its all about whether he feels that a team that can achieve more than Palace can either pay him or more or offer him a starting role otherwise unsure why he would want to leave., should they meet our valuation.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Steve Parish is very keen on keeping players who come through from the youth team, young South London kids. He has shown it in different ways with Wilf and with Jonny Williams. I think we are unlikely to sell early. I do take the point about it being easy to replace full backs and if the money was immense, I can see he would have his price, but nobody has offered us the kind of money being mentioned here for Wilf Zaha yet, and he is surely a much more valuable and proven player.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:53 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Can’t say I’m losing any sleep over AWB as we’re in a much stronger position nowadays.

At the moment we are a perfect match, as he can play as much as he wants with us whilst receiving a very good Prem salary. If he was my son, I’d say stay for now at least. He can also pick up lucrative commercial deals on the side, especially as he comes more well known and plays for England.

If he decides to move now, which seems unlikely to me, then we can set a huge transfer fee that few clubs will meet. Those that can, are then likely to play him in fewer matches than we do...and he’ll know what that is like if he spoke with Wilf and RLC. The plus for him would be greater chance of silverware and even bigger salary.

People who say we shouldn’t be distracted by the FA Cup this season should maybe bear in mind that players do want to win something in their career (just like us fans). If we never give cups a good go, it becomes less attractive for players like Wilf and AWB to choose to stay with us. Guys like them want some silverware and are good enough for a cup at least.

Last edited by Yoda; 05-03-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Steve Parish is very keen on keeping players who come through from the youth team, young South London kids. He has shown it in different ways with Wilf and with Jonny Williams. I think we are unlikely to sell early. I do take the point about it being easy to replace full backs and if the money was immense, I can see he would have his price, but nobody has offered us the kind of money being mentioned here for Wilf Zaha yet, and he is surely a much more valuable and proven player.
Unlike a lot of promoted clubs we have done really well in hanging on to our stand out players. We may not always have shifted players in decline quickly enough, but in every case bar Bolasie, and maybe Cabaye running down his contract, we have kept hold of players as long as we wanted them.

We have had “allegedly” lots of interest in our key players and none have left. Not sure why AWB would be different, especially as we now look odds on to stay up another season, and probably longer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 05-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
It's not really a bad offer. TFM would be a long term option to compete for the right back slot and cover for centre back. Then plenty of money to spend on a striker and first choice right back.

I mean I don't want us to sell him but that's a decent deal.
TFM was pretty awful when he was on loan and he’s been twice as bad at Fulham.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:16 AM

16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low16eagles will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Arsenal - No
Chelsea - No
Liverpool - Clyne? (can't see that though as they have TAA)
Man City - Doubt it (all players they have in that area would see themselves as bigger than us)
Man Utd - Young (snigger)
Tottenham - Walker Peters?

Not exactly an inspiring list. Personally if we were to sell I'd use the funds to try to get Clyne.
Dosnt have to be a right back we exchange. Foden city please. Think club would want outright money. 50 mill minimum.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:25 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
TFM was pretty awful when he was on loan and he’s been twice as bad at Fulham.
IF it came to pass I would see him as taking Ward's place as the understudy right back. Everyone was bad in Fulham's defence this year and I don't think he was awful for us there. I agree he wasn't great. But he is still young with time to develop and versatile. I would still go and buy a first choice right back though and this is all wildly hypothetical.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
IF it came to pass I would see him as taking Ward's place as the understudy right back. Everyone was bad in Fulham's defence this year and I don't think he was awful for us there. I agree he wasn't great. But he is still young with time to develop and versatile. I would still go and buy a first choice right back though and this is all wildly hypothetical.
Yeah maybe. I think ward is great RB and considering his lack of game time does a cracking job. If he was still our first choice RB I think we’d all be ok with it.

People saying Clyne needs to realise he’s a party boy now.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:59 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If he stays, he will be angling for a new contract this summer. 'Proper' money.

Interesting to see how he develops as Top 6 full backs are expected to be wingers who can defend rather than defenders who can attack.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Yeah maybe. I think ward is great RB and considering his lack of game time does a cracking job. If he was still our first choice RB I think we’d all be ok with it.

People saying Clyne needs to realise he’s a party boy now.
Yeah, have to admit I have had the same thoughts about Ward. If he became our first choice right back again I would be OK with that if there is no one else better available.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:38 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
If he stays, he will be angling for a new contract this summer. 'Proper' money.

Interesting to see how he develops as Top 6 full backs are expected to be wingers who can defend rather than defenders who can attack.
Even if he doesn't sign a new deal we've got him under contract until 2022 and he isn't the sort of boy who will try and force a move. Unless we get an offer that's too good to turn down he will be with us next season. I can't see him wanting to go yet either as he's still adjusting to life as Premier League footballer and has his friends and family around him here.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:52 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah, have to admit I have had the same thoughts about Ward. If he became our first choice right back again I would be OK with that if there is no one else better available.
As much as I enjoyed Ward's flying header v Utd (...when was the last time we saw one of those?!?), unfortunately his lack of pace, and maybe lack of playing time has caught up. We would have to get used to seeing LBs roasting him, like fat boy Luke Shaw did, just as LB was seen as our weak link before we got Schlupp & then PVA in.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:54 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
As much as I enjoyed Ward's flying header v Utd (...when was the last time we saw one).
Zaha v brighton last season.
Zaha v brighton in the play offs.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Zaha v brighton last season.
Zaha v brighton in the play offs.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:54 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Manchester City may have to have to break the world record transfer fee of £75m for a defender, which Liverpool paid for 27-year-old Dutch centre-back Virgil van Dijk, if they want to sign Leicester City and England left-back Ben Chilwell, 22
BBC Gossip column.... is Chilwell better than AWB? I might be biased but I don't think so.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:34 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
BBC Gossip column.... is Chilwell better than AWB? I might be biased but I don't think so.
Chilwell is a left back, it depends where City see their weaknesses, and with half a mind on British players could go for both.