Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 04-10-2019, 11:03 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytemper View Post
Winning will be tough but Khan suddenly has a far tougher campaign ahead of him.
It might play into Khan's hand by splitting the Conservative vote. I think we can probably rule out Shaun Bailey winning now, anyway.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
He's going to stand for Mayor of London (as an independent).
I thought the word was he was trying to do a president macron and form his own party?
For the next election .... Anyway both jobs are way above him the pipsqueak nob!
Old 04-10-2019, 11:20 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
The bloke is a bellend. Just because he is less of a bellend than Johnson (!!!) doesn't mean he's suddenly this great bloke and bastion of British life.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytemper View Post
Winning will be tough but Khan suddenly has a far tougher campaign ahead of him.

From Rory Stewart's POV it's a fairly calculated move - London Mayor is a high profile job that'd keep him in the limelight but doing this lets him ride out the current shift to the right the Tories have taken. A few years time, if he's a success as mayor and the Tories move back to their more usual territory, he can pop up in parliament again and play the returning hero.
Which, incidentally, is exactly what khan is using the role for with regards to the Labour Party
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:26 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-10-2019, 11:50 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
What did it cost you?
A tenner, two years ago.

When I had a tenner
Old 04-10-2019, 12:10 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Can't help feeling it was rather bad form - the act of a cad - to read out a letter from Johnson's housemaster to his parents. A bit low; scummish, really.
its been in the press for ages no biggie imo

SaulAlinsky
Old 04-10-2019, 12:19 PM

norwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It might play into Khan's hand by splitting the Conservative vote. I think we can probably rule out Shaun Bailey winning now, anyway.
Shaun Bailey lacks any credibility to be Mayor of London, so was a non starter. I think Stewart will attract Tory and stop Khan Liberal votes.
Interesting that he has not chosen not to migrate to the Lib Dems.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodeagle View Post
Shaun Bailey lacks any credibility to be Mayor of London, so was a non starter. I think Stewart will attract Tory and stop Khan Liberal votes.
Interesting that he has not chosen not to migrate to the Lib Dems.
I agree that Bailey lacks credibility, but as the Tory candidate he had a chance before there was a 'Tory' alternative.

I think johnnytemper's post above explains (at least in part) why Stewart hasn't gone to the Lib Dems.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:13 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's a strange move from Stewart I think. His chances are very low surely? Corbyn labour types certainly aren't going to vote for him. Centre left labour won't have a problem with Khan. And LDs aren't going to be particularly attracted by Stewart's Brexit stance (even if it's not directly relevant). At the same time he's way too centrist for the Brexit party folk and right wingers in general.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:17 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I thought he played the part of Stephen Hawking incredibly well though!
Old 04-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
It's a strange move from Stewart I think. His chances are very low surely? Corbyn labour types certainly aren't going to vote for him. Centre left labour won't have a problem with Khan. And LDs aren't going to be particularly attracted by Stewart's Brexit stance (even if it's not directly relevant). At the same time he's way too centrist for the Brexit party folk and right wingers in general.
If Johnson - playing his liberal/one nation Tory persona - could win, why can't Stewart?

Old 04-10-2019, 02:44 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
All seems very Ruth Davidson, they can see madness afoot and want no part of it.

However, they do see themselves as Tories and once the madness has played out, hopefully with Nuremburg style trials for the coup protagonists, can come back and mount a challenge without being tarred with Brexitasi brush.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
If Johnson - playing his liberal/one nation Tory persona - could win, why can't Stewart?
Well Johnson was going up against someone who was very much not in a similar space to that. Whereas you could argue that Khan is not a million miles away from Stewart. And he was the official candidate rather than an independent.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Well Johnson was going up against someone who was very much not in a similar space to that. Whereas you could argue that Khan is not a million miles away from Stewart.
True - and I don't think he'll win. But I think he's got more chance than poosence suggested.

Anyway, I've just come across this speech from him, so he's got my vote

"Not only is cycling, as most of us know who cycle, the quickest way of getting to this building in the morning, it is also a way of moving that is much less damaging to the environment.

"And it is much, much better for your health in the most astonishing range of ways: it's better for your weight, it's better for your bowels, it's better for your heart, it's better for your skin. It's better for your sex life... yes, much better for your sex life.

"Recent studies in the United States have shown that men who cycle regularly have a sex life of somebody five years younger than the average.

"And it's also much better for your happiness. So this is something that should be deeply encouraged and the more people we can get cycling and the more people that we can get walking the better."

Old 04-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Old 04-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
men who cycle regularly have a sex life of somebody five years younger than the average
What does this mean?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
And what does it mean for women?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
A lot of Lib Dems seem to want him in their party because they see him as a remainer despite his explicit support for Brexit.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 04-10-2019, 03:08 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Different times. This is a city that returned a Labour candidate in Kensington in 2017. The Tories took 8% in the European elections in London - competing with Labour, LDs on left and Brexit party on right. That's broadly the gap Stewart is trying to fill. Sure he's got the name recognition but he's most popular with people that probably won't vote for him.