Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-01-2020, 11:07 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Gender identity .. NHS .. the court cases have started.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I watched a Jordan Peterson interview in the summer where he stated that child victims of such treatments would in the future Sue this into extinction.... it didn't take long to begin.
Old 22-01-2020, 11:21 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I admire anyone who has the balls to do this
Old 22-01-2020, 11:22 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Of course it's rediculous! How can you make an adult decision like that which would change your life at that age???

After all there's a reason there's age restrictions!
Old 23-01-2020, 01:29 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
The principle of waiting until you’re an adult to make big decisions applies in all walks of life, but I think it’s even more important in something like this that is so closely tied to hormones etc, which are at their most volatile and confusing during puberty.

We should always hear out our medical professionals, and many of them seem to be in support of these hormone interfering stuff. But until our technology or whatever is better, and we can more accurately identify who was ‘born in the wrong body’ and who is just a bit confused in typical puberty fashion, I’d be very wary. As we can see from this person’s story.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-01-2020 at 01:40 AM.
Old 23-01-2020, 06:37 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The principle of waiting until youíre an adult to make big decisions applies in all walks of life, but I think itís even more important in something like this that is so closely tied to hormones etc, which are at their most volatile and confusing during puberty.

We should always hear out our medical professionals, and many of them seem to be in support of these hormone interfering stuff. But until our technology or whatever is better, and we can more accurately identify who was Ďborn in the wrong bodyí and who is just a bit confused in typical puberty fashion, Iíd be very wary. As we can see from this personís story.
Yes, I think that's where I am on this. But maybe I'm just too old to get a handle on it now? It does seem that decisions are being made, by whomever, that will have far-reaching effects on an individual's life. Why the haste?
Old 23-01-2020, 07:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yes, I think that's where I am on this. But maybe I'm just too old to get a handle on it now? It does seem that decisions are being made, by whomever, that will have far-reaching effects on an individual's life. Why the haste?
The arguments being made are essentially that trans kids suffer greatly through their teens with depression, suicide attempts etc. Also, say if you’re a woman on the outside but a man on the inside, it’s quite hard to ‘look the part’ when puberty has already developed a female body for you.

These are very valid arguments, and I emphasise greatly with the suffering of trans people, but I don’t think they outweigh the moral principle of hormonal teenagers not being in a fit state of mind to make decisions like this. I’ve seen someone on twitter talking about stats of the vast majority of people who take these hormone blocker things still thinking they’re trans and being happy in their mid 20s, but I’ll need to do research to see if it’s true, and if it comes from a reputable source. Even then, I wouldn’t really be convinced.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-01-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old 23-01-2020, 07:25 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The arguments being made are essentially that trans kids suffer greatly through their teens with depression, suicide attempts etc. Also, say if youíre a woman on the outside but a man on the inside, itís quite hard to Ďlook the partí when puberty has already developed a female body for you.

These are very valid arguments, and I emphasise greatly with the suffering of trans people, but I donít think they outweigh the moral principle of hormonal teenagers not being in a fit state of mind to make decisions like this. Iíve seen someone on twitter talking about stats of the vast majority of people who take these hormone blocker things still thinking theyíre trans and being happy in their mid 20s, but Iíll need to do research to see if itís true, and if it comes from a reputable source. Even then, I wouldnít really be convinced.
Yes, I now that. I have friends with a Trans teen. Still not sure it's the age to be making those kinds of far-reaching decisions, but I am always open to being convinced. It's a whole host of dilemmas, and I do remain suspicious that there is a bit of clinical experimentation, both physical and psychological, that is being brought to bear on some of these kids.
Old 23-01-2020, 07:40 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Brains and emotions not fully developed in a childhow the hell is it not correct to wait til adulthood.
Old 23-01-2020, 10:32 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Brains and emotions not fully developed in a childhow the hell is it not correct to wait til adulthood.
Adulthood is a human construct whereas puberty isnít?
Old 01-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Expect more of this ...
Old 01-03-2020, 06:44 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Expect more of this ...
Seems the NHS are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I have a relative (on my wife's side) that went through this prior to being 18, and now at 24'ish seems very happy with their decision. I can see how this would not always be the case.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:47 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Yet another of your classic Times-led threads...
Old 03-03-2020, 03:22 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Seems the NHS are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I have a relative (on my wife's side) that went through this prior to being 18, and now at 24'ish seems very happy with their decision. I can see how this would not always be the case.
Who makes these decisions, the medical people, the young individual or the parents? Presumably some form of disclaimer is signed?
Old 03-03-2020, 04:38 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Who makes these decisions, the medical people, the young individual or the parents? Presumably some form of disclaimer is signed?
I'll try and tactfully find out with the case close to us. I do recall a lot of psychiatry being involved prior to proceeding.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I'll try and tactfully find out with the case close to us. I do recall a lot of psychiatry being involved prior to proceeding.
The "psychiatry" is often not a dispassionate investigation.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:01 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
^ This, anything else is madness.