Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
It's ok Charles, I'll just keep quoting you so they can see.
Thanks for nothing.

In any event, his name is Nic Williams, not Charles, as was established many years ago by the late Tim Watkins. It's the name in his email address and Tim found some quotes from Nic Williams, in the Croydon Advertiser. See Neil's post in To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by James
I have no coimplaints about the discipline at the School. Duskin was very tough, but he was one of my favourite teachers.

Solomon wasn't just a bully, he was a deviant and an abuser. The man would have been locked up today for what he did - however the School simply brushed it under the carpet and people like Paul Wilkins paid the price.

I used to be jealous of Paul at School. He was bright, good looking and never got into trouble. I only discovered the full horrors of what he went suffered (in the privacy of Solomon's office) when he came to stay with me a couple of years ago and told me all about it. I knew a bit about Solomon from first hand experience, but I was not prepared for what he told me. He was a recovering alcoholic and had suffered numerous breakdowns. He is now dead - as is Solomon.

It's a pity there is no God. There was no justice for either man on Earth.
Terrible story James, I am fortunate that most of my times there were good ones.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
I moved up to the 1st Year in 1974 from the 'Juniors'. It was a nerve wracking time for me, as people who remember Mr Jones will testify, he could dish out the good old fashioned whack on the hands - and I was expecting a lot worse in the Senior school.

But James' last couple of posts reveal that I was lucky to have been around a bit later than some of the monsters that were obviously masquerading as teachers before my time there. We were probably quite nasty in our way to some of the more 'gentile' teachers - but when you see James posts and realise what was going on at the school, it leaves me cold. These days, the likelyhood is that one of the pupils is going to inflict major damage on somebody's life.

My son came back from school yesterday and said that one of the SJC boys had slashed a kid from Stanley Tech on the neck with a knife - and the S.T. boys were coming up to Beulah Hill looking for revenge.

Not quite the same thing, but sobering to think that there is still a bit of evil about that needs sorting out.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Last post on the subject of Paul and Solomon. My memories of St Joseph's were mostly very happy and the School did very well for me. Nevertheless, it is important not to brush aside things like this.

Paul was a poet and he wrote a number of poems which helped him cope with his memories. He sent me a signed copy of his book 'Truths of the Unremembered Things' just before he died. It's a desperately sad read and well illustrates the torments he had suffered.

Here is a copy of the book and an extract:

terrible
Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I suppose this partly explains my distaste for Catholicism in particular. I believe that the Order has only recently admitted that there were some serious problems in the School during the 1960s - but for years the truth was denied and covered up.

I was raised as a Catholic and had the faith pushed into me for years at School. Although I am now an agnostic (leaning heavily towards atheism) I am still left with that fear and guilt that Catholics are burdened with for life.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:19 PM

Dallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I still look back at my years at SJC with a smile - plus a lot of all when to college/university after that - so I think their record is excellent.

Now where can i buy a ice cream with a rocket lollypop shoved into it?

Paul
Old 07-11-2007, 09:34 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by CP Satellite
I moved up to the 1st Year in 1974 from the 'Juniors'. It was a nerve wracking time for me, as people who remember Mr Jones will testify, he could dish out the good old fashioned whack on the hands - and I was expecting a lot worse in the Senior school.

But James' last couple of posts reveal that I was lucky to have been around a bit later than some of the monsters that were obviously masquerading as teachers before my time there. We were probably quite nasty in our way to some of the more 'gentile' teachers - but when you see James posts and realise what was going on at the school, it leaves me cold. These days, the likelyhood is that one of the pupils is going to inflict major damage on somebody's life.

My son came back from school yesterday and said that one of the SJC boys had slashed a kid from Stanley Tech on the neck with a knife - and the S.T. boys were coming up to Beulah Hill looking for revenge.

Not quite the same thing, but sobering to think that there is still a bit of evil about that needs sorting out.
Yes started a year later and have to agree with the sentiments of your post.

we had some good laughs, messed some teachers around, got into a few scrapes but generally life was happy.

My class loved the inter form matches and tried to recreate football style support at water polo, 5/6 a side football and the like. I think one of the teachers described us as not the most academic class, but certainly the most united that he had taught at the time.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:36 PM

Uncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
What was the name of the Brother who worked in the library whose voicebox had been removed by the Japanese during the war?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 PM

I can't remember but his and Radowicz's stories made you pause for though even when you were an adolescent at the time
Old 07-11-2007, 09:58 PM

Andrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Brod
What was the name of the Brother who worked in the library whose voicebox had been removed by the Japanese during the war?
Brother Charles
Old 07-11-2007, 10:03 PM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I suppose this partly explains my distaste for Catholicism in particular. I
I now rather wish that I had not been such a smart-arse with you over this.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Great pics James, thanks. A bit scary, as I was born on April 9th 1963, so this is a bit like 'Back to the Future' for me.

My son goes to St Joe's now, but it rankles with me that the Head has decided to change the uniform to maroon jackets with maroon jumpers - talk about 'old school tie' - I understand Mr Connolly (SJC's Headmaster) is also an AFC Wimbledon fan - so now, we now longer have 'Penguins' running the school, but a 'Womble' instead!
You must have been two years below me.

Same year as Chocky, or a year below him?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 PM

Dallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
i still have a lot of the year books - the class photo's are so funny!

Paul
Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Cucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
tegwyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Aitchison
Brother Charles
It was Brother Edmund, in fact. Brother Charles was the chess fella, whose voice was in top notch condition.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:41 AM

Andrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: tegwyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Cucking Funt
It was Brother Edmund, in fact. Brother Charles was the chess fella, whose voice was in top notch condition.
Quite right. My mistake.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:20 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks for nothing.

In any event, his name is Nic Williams, not Charles, as was established many years ago by the late Tim Watkins. It's the name in his email address and Tim found some quotes from Nic Williams, in the Croydon Advertiser. See Neil's post in To view the link you have to Register or Login
So an email address with nic is guarantee his name is Nic then is it lol? You won't find a Nicholas Williams at the school in those days.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
There were plenty of 'exotic' names back in the day - Hilary Verdan and Xavier Bicarregui spring to mind.
I remember a Juan Biccareggi, Alessandro Maccioni, Steven Sebastianelli, Giovanni Percivaldi, Julio Montavo, I wonder if they all got together to run an extortion racket in the tuck shop?

Who opened their lunch?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Chocky
I remember a Juan Biccareggi, Alessandro Maccioni, Steven Sebastianelli, Giovanni Percivaldi, Julio Montavo, I wonder if they all got together to run an extortion racket in the tuck shop?
•••• off chocky.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:53 AM
ár lá

Shut it you caaaaksucker.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 08-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Re: tegwyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Cucking Funt
Brother Charles - he taught me to play Chess and started my life-long passion for mathematical games and puzzles. I beat him for the first time when I was in the lower sixth and he hugged me!

He was also very good on the billiard table as well. He would often pause in mid game to talk about Newton's Laws and how they were so relevant to billiards and snooker.

Lovely bloke - very clever and a superb teacher.