Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-10-2010, 12:20 PM

crystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
Before my time but R.I.P to a true legend
Old 15-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy
It must take quite a character to be remembered so fondly by a club you took down on two consecutive seasons.
That was big Mal,he pulled it off,only he could with a small club like ours, I can remember being in the depths of the the lower divisions before Big Mal and thinking well this is what we are.

He changed that thinking,he made us believe even in the 3rd division and sat us all down on that roller coaster of ups and downs,he gave us a different mind set with Champagne a big hat,red and blue plus......EAGLES !!!!!!!

Brilliant man.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:21 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sad News RIP Big Mal

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 15-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

BBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
All this business with Messi playing on the right and Ronaldo on the left... that's Big Mal's doing yet he never gets any credit because he was so far ahead of his time.

Some say God, We STILL say Allison
Old 15-10-2010, 12:22 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever
Altogether for those who remember,

He drinks champagne and he smokes cigars,
Malcolm, malcolm,
He drinks champagne and he smokes cigars,
Malcolm Allison!!!

(to the tune of campdown races)
You have it the wrong way around - it was "He smokes cigars and he drinks champagne..."

I shall give that one an airing or two tomorrow.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:23 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 15-10-2010, 12:24 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sad news.His palace days were before my time but looking back he certainly bought some style and panache to football management.

RIP Big Mal.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:25 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
RIP to a legend.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:26 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quotes from the big man

MALCOLM ALLISON QUOTES
"A lot of hard work went into this defeat"

"You're not a real manager unless you've been sacked."

"John Bond has blackened my name with his insinuations about the private lives of football managers. Both my wives are upset."

"A lot of people in football don't have much time for the press; they say they're amateurs."
Old 15-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Wayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyesWayne-o dances before me like a million eyes
Before my time, but know what a legend he is.

Very sad news - RIP Big Mal.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Like others well before my time, but it doesn't take a lot to appreciate the ones that really made the club.

R.I.P. to a legend whose name stayed with the club many years after he left and will continue to do so even now.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Official site has something at last

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Eagles Fitter Fan Group 1

andy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bag
Can we petition the club to get permission wear the sash tomorrow?!

Twitter - @AndyPBurton
Old 15-10-2010, 12:30 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Too many times you read of when someone famous dies people saying how very sad it is and RIP, even though they barely knew them and it somehow seems false. With Big Mal passing however, it is indeed a very sad day for me as he quite simply gave me the most euphoric feeling in the world during that cup run back in '76. A feeling that has possibly been equalled (Villa Park and the play off final wins) but never surpassed.

Little old Palace from the 3rd division going to Elland Road, Roker Park and Stamford bridge, in those days not trips to relish for more than one reason, and getting results was just incredible.

His passing reminds me of more innocent yet flamboyant times when watching football was all about entertainment and passion. It was cheap as chips to get in and many of the players were local lads who were living the dream. I was fortunate enough t win the Palace in the Past competition while Big Mal was in charge and got to meet him briefly. Charismatic and larger than life he gave football, and Palace in particular, a cheeky charm and a bit of magic. I'd run to the ground from Norwood Junction as a teenager, excited at the prospect of seeing the likes of Rogers, Whittle, Taylor and co. give their all. To go up to Roker Park and see Palace do it as well was beyond my wildest dreams. So, yes, a genuinely very sad day and RIP Big Mal.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:35 PM
This too will pass

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Great days.

Old 15-10-2010, 12:37 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
I fear a minute's silence tomorrow would be poorly observed by the opposing fans..
you mean you hope it wont so you can moan about it
Old 15-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Eagles Fitter Fan Group 1

andy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bagandy burton has got sunshine in a bag
I'm going to dig out Hy Money's book and the centenary dvd this evening and re-live some wonderful memories.

Red and Blue, Eagles, Sash and a youth system - all down to Big Mal.

Twitter - @AndyPBurton
Old 15-10-2010, 12:39 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP Big Mal.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:40 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Rest in Peace Malcolm.

You laid the foundations for what we are today. What a man.

I will never ever forget you without absolute affection.

Crystal Palace FC need to have a permanent memorial to the great man.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Very sad news. RIP Malcolm. Now where's that video of the Sunderland game?
They still remember:
To view the link you have to Register or Login