Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:39 AM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
He might if the HF demand it.
He WILL if the hf demand it.
edited for accuracy.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:50 AM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Or exactly what rest of fan base thinks?.
It might be what the fanbase thinks but that doesn't mean they're right. It could be that the HF wanted to move to behind the goal area because it is the traditional place for singing supporters and more recently, the majority of Ultra style sections. I grant you that not all in the singing section are HF and perhaps it is valid to question the motives of some of the hangers-on. If the latter is the case then the cynics may have a valid point and it is not the HF whose motives should be questioned, rather those non HF who joined the singing section.

The core HF have taken a lot of stick on this thread but not all of it is justified. I believe their motives were well intentioned and while I can understand the frustration of other fans, particularly those "evicted" from Block E, the club (in the atrocious and half-arsed way the move was handled), non-singing new Block E tenants and our general apathetic support both at home and increasingly away (Sheff Utd and Norwich were awful), are all areas where criticism can be genuinely directed.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Of course criticism can be directed at the HF. They demanded this move. They forced the club's hand. They sold some fanciful vision. They can't now be absolved of any responsibility.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-02-2020, 10:33 AM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Of course criticism can be directed at the HF. They demanded this move. They forced the club's hand. They sold some fanciful vision. They can't now be absolved of any responsibility.
They can be criticised for being too ambitious, yeah. But largely because too many people bought into the vision without wanting to contribute to it. That is what we are currently seeing. On the other hand it was half-arsed by the club and done in such a way that it was never going to take off immediately, especially with such dire home performances. Yes, the HF should have seen that the half-baked solution by the club would make it a far more difficult project. Equally, the club should have seen it too before offering it. As to the club's hand "being forced", do me a favour. If the club didn't want it, it wouldn't have happened.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:48 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
They can be criticised for being too ambitious, yeah. But largely because too many people bought into the vision without wanting to contribute to it. That is what we are currently seeing. On the other hand it was half-arsed by the club and done in such a way that it was never going to take off immediately, especially with such dire home performances. Yes, the HF should have seen that the half-baked solution by the club would make it a far more difficult project. Equally, the club should have seen it too before offering it. As to the club's hand "being forced", do me a favour. If the club didn't want it, it wouldn't have happened.
I agree with all of that except the final sentence. Of course they forced the club's hand, including by selling the unrealistic vision which, as you say, many fans bought into.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-02-2020, 11:21 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Also remember that a core part of the HF's argument was that by (a) getting Selhurst rocking, they would (b) improve the team's performances.

It was pie in the sky, of course, but now they are ensconced and have clearly failed to achieve (a) and (b), they now have the front to blame the failure of (a) on the team's performances!
Old 22-02-2020, 08:30 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Good atmosphere today amazing what happens on pitch can spread to the crowd
Old 22-02-2020, 08:32 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
It makes me chuckle when the players run to the corners to celebrate.
Old 22-02-2020, 09:02 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
1st half was boring
2nd half was better with a few more normal songs.
Old 22-02-2020, 09:07 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
It makes me chuckle when the players run to the corners to celebrate.
They're not young any more.
Old 23-02-2020, 01:06 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Great support that showed the over-rated Geordies that it is not all about moaning about your owner but supporting your team.

Great day all round both on and off of the pitch and the moaners were put in their place by a vibrant Palace.

COYP
Old 23-02-2020, 01:50 PM

Don_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon_Rogers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I genuinely love having the HF as part of our club, I think that they really help to make the atmosphere outstanding. However, I'm still not convinced that the move has improved that atmosphere as the link-up with the AWM seems to have gone wrong. I'm in Block K in the UH and so used to be right on top of them and could see how it worked so well with the Arthur. I miss that a bit. Also, I do sometimes find some of the songs a little 'dirgey'; it's great that they are still singing and encouraging but I want those songs to end and move onto something more upbeat. Well done for all the work that goes into the HF though.
Old 23-02-2020, 01:52 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Rogers View Post
I genuinely love having the HF as part of our club, I think that they really help to make the atmosphere outstanding. However, I'm still not convinced that the move has improved that atmosphere as the link-up with the AWM seems to have gone wrong. I'm in Block K in the UH and so used to be right on top of them and could see how it worked so well with the Arthur. I miss that a bit. Also, I do sometimes find some of the songs a little 'dirgey'; it's great that they are still singing and encouraging but I want those songs to end and move onto something more upbeat. Well done for all the work that goes into the HF though.
It's failed, their view is better though.
Old 23-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have to agree with Penstone. It hasn't improved the atmosphere compared with the early years in the prem at all - HF make all the noise and hardly anyone else seems to join in (I was in the UH as well yesterday)

Might be worth trying singing sections in both E and B to help noise spread to the Arthur.
Old 23-02-2020, 02:24 PM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The atmosphere was much better yesterday, I'm sure the up tempo start helped with that.

You could even hear constant singing (and HF songs) on MOTD - which is quite unusual!
Old 23-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Let’s face it, the performance (especially in the 1st half) is what lifted the atmosphere.
The HF helped by playing some more up tempo stuff and with some more familiar songs.
Half of the droney song I have no idea what they’re chanting
Old 23-02-2020, 02:42 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
Have to agree with Penstone. It hasn't improved the atmosphere compared with the early years in the prem at all - HF make all the noise and hardly anyone else seems to join in (I was in the UH as well yesterday)

Might be worth trying singing sections in both E and B to help noise spread to the Arthur.
If the atmosphere had remained at the level it was at in the early years of the premier league there would have been no need for change. The atmosphere deteriorated drastically over the past 3 or 4 years and this is really the comparison we should be making. Has the section halted the decline and and put in on an upward trajectory? Answer. Yes it has. Yesterday was the best home atmosphere for some time. Chants started outside of the singing section were picked up upon by the section and others in the ground which is encouraging. Positivity from the stands from the start and a more energetic, high intensity and attacking approach from the team which gave the crowd something to cheer. Another goal in front of the holmesdale, nothing but a penalty at the other end all season. Make of that what you will. Atmosphere came across quite well in the highlights and the tv cameramen certainly know where the hf are and where the noise is coming from when they cut to the stands.

The idea of another section in b or c is one worth exploring.
Old 23-02-2020, 03:04 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think block c used to join in more when they were next to the HF and the blocks either side of them now are not, i also think the disconnect with the AW has not helped but it is improving. The sound does not carry we can hardly hear the away fans from the LH and i am sure they cant hear the HF. Still if we get good games then the noise levels will go up as they did yesterday.
Old 23-02-2020, 03:44 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
The singing section will really come into its own when we get relegated and people can relocate. At the moment the area surrounding block E is still dominated by largely older fans who bought season tickets when the stand was built all those years ago. Season by season a few fans might be able to get near it but its not easy to join at the moment.

You have to give the HF a lot of credit for having the vision and going for it, in the long run its got every chance of being a big success and transforming the atmosphere at the ground for ever.
Old 23-02-2020, 05:16 PM

Lydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have to say it was better when in Block B, coming in from the Arthur POV.