Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:08 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
I think they need to do some visual to make the block stand out like Block B did, having the HF banner down the front and not having the typical LED advertising board there was cool.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:13 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
What's it with the topless guy with his back to the game shouting on a loud hailer? I don't get it
Old 11-08-2019, 10:37 PM

crenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From the back of the AW in block W it sounded quieter, but perhaps that is to be expected now they have moved further away. The hardest thing for us standing is that now we can't see the HF due to the TV gantry (and can't hear unless other fans in the AW also join in).

Previously when we could see them we could start the chanting going from the back of the AW as well. Now it is much harder for us to join in, and doubly difficult to lead anything. Sometimes last year the HF would respond to chants started at the back of the AW, but I doubt they would hear us now either.

I do hope it is a success but I think it is harder for the AW now to join in.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:53 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What was the new chant?
Old 11-08-2019, 10:55 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by crenoleagle View Post
From the back of the AW in block W it sounded quieter, but perhaps that is to be expected now they have moved further away. The hardest thing for us standing is that now we can't see the HF due to the TV gantry (and can't hear unless other fans in the AW also join in).

Previously when we could see them we could start the chanting going from the back of the AW as well. Now it is much harder for us to join in, and doubly difficult to lead anything. Sometimes last year the HF would respond to chants started at the back of the AW, but I doubt they would hear us now either.

I do hope it is a success but I think it is harder for the AW now to join in.

Simple solution - blocks d/c/b/a join in so it travels to AW. Madness I know..
Old 11-08-2019, 10:58 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Didn't notice at the game in Bern. Maybe a few individuals I suppose.
They were at the Young Boys game as a group by the looks of it.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Time to inspect the next 400 seats in front for people not joining in, then oust them to somewhere else.
When you use phrases like that, is it any surprise that this move has been devisive?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-08-2019, 11:03 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
But I thought that was a given and would happen automatically once the only group of non-singers were 'oustes' from Block E and the HF were removed from the restrictions of Block B?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-08-2019, 11:08 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
But I thought that was a given and would happen automatically once the only group of non-singers were 'oustes' from Block E and the HF were removed from the restrictions of Block B?

Me too.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:19 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by les aigles View Post
Better than both cup games imo.
That new chant in the first half and in the concourse sounded brilliant.
Flags looked good too. Undefeated with the HF behind the goal right?
Hard to join in with a new chant when you donít know what the words are!
Old 12-08-2019, 12:02 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
What was the new chant?
Probably something plagiarized from another team.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:21 AM

Hong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whether or not Mr Branding Parish realised before, the new singing section does not feature at all on highlights such as MOTD and will only be seen I would suggest in a live broadcast.

The corner area in front of the old singing section is a safe space now for opposition corner takers
Old 12-08-2019, 01:31 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong Kong Eagle View Post
The corner area in front of the old singing section is a safe space now for opposition corner takers
I'm sure the verbal abuse they got and all the wanker signs had them shaking in their boots.

I wonder how many goals we gave up from corners taken from that side verses how many we scored from the same situation... I have a feeling the opposition did better than us, seeing as we don't score from corners at home.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:33 AM
The Spiky One

BTW, I keep reading the thread title as "Lunch for the singing section"!

Free hamburgers anyone?
Old 12-08-2019, 07:16 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris.x View Post
I sit in the Main Stand and thought the sound was a fair bit louder, although the new position lost some of its visual impact. Hope eventually that will spread further to the front. The singing from AW seemed quieter though and some songs didn't seem to be carried through from that area.
I always sing in the MS (sometimes on my own ) but I must say that a lot of people were singing yesterday. Hopefully the atmosphere will improve as the season progresses
From the Whitehorse end , visually good and the Arthur side of the holmesdale joined in a lot . But the Arthur was quiet , so need a pa loop from HF into back of Arthur in the corner perhaps.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:43 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
They were at the Young Boys game as a group by the looks of it.
Really can't recall that, not doubting though.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:44 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Hard to join in with a new chant when you donít know what the words are!
Was that the slow dull chant ?
Old 12-08-2019, 08:25 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I went in the MS as was with my disabled Mother on Saturday so moved from our ST positions in the LH. From where I was in the MS it was great all round. Atmosphere a million times better than normal and we were right at the other end of the pitch. Keep it going and built. The process of how we've got to this stage seems wrong, but the results are great. Hopefully all that were relocated are happy with their new seats.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:38 AM

crenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Well yes - except they donít always as we all know. So until that happens I think the AW will struggle more, especially those of us that are far enough back we canít Ďseeí what is being sung.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:41 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Block Z in the Arthur is normally quite vocal and stand throughout but that could be because the HF were there. What was it like on Saturday?