Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors View Post
The question is, did the move get F, G and H rocking.....?
a couple of times for 10 seconds max
Old 10-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nah everyone sat. In the first half when Everton were pushing down towards the Hol/Arthur corner there were literally people just sitting there stairing at the arse of the person standing in front.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:35 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wouldn’t say H was ‘rocking,’ but far, far louder than last season.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:37 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Was in main stand near Whitehorse end and could hear loud and clear more then I could when in block b great effort from all in Holmsdale who sing hope those who had to move to make this improvement happen found good seats to sit and watch games .
Old 10-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
View was fantastic from what I've spent 20 years seeing.

I have no idea if it was as a success or not, but it was mayhem. And I was right in the middle of it. Young people are the future of this club. Palace is not about supporting the club on my own personal terms.

It's easy to look at this club being stolen from us or not as it was. But at the end of the day, passion in the future will always carry us through. They want the noise to spread. They want everyone to join in, they want the whole stand to join in.

For the people who want this to fail. I say this. They started out as 20(?) Kids in block b on the front coupe of rows in 2005. Now look at them. We've all done a northern bolt hole on a Tuesday night at some point. But what have you achieved on the club front in the past 14 years? Because they want you on board to. They are now affecting change nationwide. Clubs are copying, and we are ahead of the curve.

Over egging the pudding rather, they’re still only a couple of hundred people tops

Affecting change nationwide, seriously?
Old 10-08-2019, 06:46 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Needs a few more games to judge if it works i.e. bringing others into it. Given we gave it a go in the second half the fans were always going to respond a bit more.

It has lost that interaction with the Arthur.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 PM

EmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Believe or not some people don’t like constant standing. I take my son who would see nothing if people constantly stood. In addition their are older people who can’t stand up all match. Doesn’t make you less of supporter if you don’t stand up all match
Old 10-08-2019, 07:01 PM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmerGreenEagle View Post
Doesn’t make you less of supporter if you don’t stand up all match
Apparently it does
Old 10-08-2019, 07:14 PM

nicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow - I sit in the main stand and was def louder today with pretty good atmosphere despite a drabish game.

Singing section worked well didn’t it !?

Looking forward to the rest of the season !
Old 10-08-2019, 07:16 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
I thought it was a great success.

Appreciate that the club made a bit of a Horlicks with the transition, but the end result was excellent, and I really hope that the HF can keep it up throughout the season.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
It was definitely better in Block D. The people in our group in the Main Stand said they’d not heard it as loud as that consistently (outside of big games obviously).

Hopefully this expands to the bottom of Block E long term.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:28 PM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought it carried well to Block B and was louder when all got going.

Songs did seem to die quicker though.

Biggest shame was aggression shown to newcomers in Block B by some who had been there before. Nothing to do with the HF of course but due to the move. Chap behind me was having a massive go at someone new sitting next to him asking “where have you been for x years” and similar crap and being extremely aggressive towards him telling him to F off etc. It was pathetic.

It could have been better.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:31 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
They did well (as they always do) ,they have to get more non HF people either side of them joining in which I guess will happen over time but the minus is it has definitely taken away from the Arthur joining in
Old 10-08-2019, 07:31 PM

KentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BollockyBill View Post
What on earth makes you think I wouldn't know my parents? What a ******* embarrassment you are.
I think many people ‘know’ your Mum William
Old 10-08-2019, 07:44 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
I'm a few rows in front of the new section in the same seat as before and enjoyed having them behind. It will take getting used to but they did a good job today. On a selfish level I liked standing throughout the game rather than being up and down the whole time that has been the case in previous seasons.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Believe or not some people don’t like constant standing. I take my son who would see nothing if people constantly stood. In addition their are older people who can’t stand up all match. Doesn’t make you less of supporter if you don’t stand up all match
Absolutely.

Just looks odd from Block E, and i wouldn't mind standing all game like at away games but i wont lose any sleep over it.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Sit at top of Upper Tier, right behind the goal. Drum sounded 3 times louder, singing a bit better than before.

The people bunking in the aisles is because the section isn't big enough and lots who applied to be in there didn't get in.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I thin’ it was a bit louder but being In WHR away fans were far louder partly due to closeness and partly due to the roof in the AW.

I am not sure heather it looks better though being dead centre there does make it look a little manufactured (which I believe the HF are not) not sure if this makes a difference but is what I think our south coast friends would do.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 10-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is true, but the counter argument is that there are other places to sit. I strongly suspect that once safe standing is introduced the whole of the lower Holmesdale will be designated standing. Hopefully we have a new stand by then to help reshuffle people without too much bad feeling
Old 10-08-2019, 08:23 PM

TwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone else on the LH concourse near block e entrance before the game? Sounded like a rave going on, great build up! Also I'm going to call this early... that new chant going in the concourse is the best I've heard since "when I was a young boy" - sounded epic!