Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 24-09-2020, 08:29 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Can you lot provide anything positive about Brexit before that clock runs out?
Yes.
To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Boris needs to keep to his word on this ....
Old 24-09-2020, 08:51 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Yes.
Most of the people who voted for it will be dead by the time we had a trade deal......

Old 24-09-2020, 08:52 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Can you lot provide anything positive about Brexit before that clock runs out?
I can. Some ignorant racists will lose their jobs
Old 24-09-2020, 08:55 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
I can. Some ignorant racists will lose their jobs
Bit harsh on Dutch fishermen, maybe not harsh on French ones!

Old 24-09-2020, 09:25 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes.

Boris needs to keep to his word on this ....
I sense a flaw in your plan.
Old 24-09-2020, 10:27 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I sense a flaw in your plan.
I take your point..
Old 24-09-2020, 10:46 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Well, well, well.

Alexander Nix of Cambridge Analytica infamy has been banned from being a company director for seven years.

Pretty damning for Cummings and co. Will they give a shit? Doubtful.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-09-2020, 05:55 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bit harsh on Dutch fishermen, maybe not harsh on French ones!

That pun only works if you pronounce 'scallop' incorrectly.
Old 25-09-2020, 06:35 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
You disappoint me, DM. Don't tell me you're an HKLP as well?
Old 25-09-2020, 06:45 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
A what?

I must admit, it is a word which troubles me: I have fight the urge to say 'scollop'. But I looked it up, and the Cambridge dictionary is a pretty definitive reference point: To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Old 25-09-2020, 06:53 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
A what?

I must admit, it is a word which troubles me: I have fight the urge to say 'scollop'. But I looked it up, and the Cambridge dictionary is a pretty definitive reference point: To view the link you have to Register or Login.
"Holds knife like pen" i.e. frightfully non-u.

The Cambridge Dictionary is a nothing.
Old 25-09-2020, 07:43 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Works well in a non posh twat accent.
Old 25-09-2020, 07:57 AM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Works well in a non posh twat accent.
I think poshos pronounce the word correctly, as do normal people. It's only Daily Mail types who get it wrong.

Quote:
Phone for the fish knives, Norman
As cook is a little unnerved;
You kiddies have crumpled the serviettes
And I must have things daintily served.

Are the requisites all in the toilet?
The frills round the cutlets can wait
Till the girl has replenished the cruets
And switched on the logs in the grate.

It's ever so close in the lounge dear,
But the vestibule's comfy for tea
And Howard is riding on horseback
So do come and take some with me

Now here is a fork for your pastries
And do use the couch for your feet;
I know that I wanted to ask you-
Is trifle sufficient for sweet?

Milk and then just as it comes dear?
I'm afraid the preserve's full of stones;
Beg pardon, I'm soiling the doileys
With afternoon tea-cakes and scones.
Old 25-09-2020, 09:09 AM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
We joined in 1974. Please explain with a little more detail
We joined the EEC or Common market in 1974 , it was with the signing of the Maastricht treaty in 1992 that we joined the EU

The Maastricht treaty marked the beginning of ever closer political and monetary union and of course the rise of Eurosceptism
Old 25-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
The Maastricht treaty marked the beginning of ever closer political and monetary union and of course the rise of Eurosceptism
To what extent did that involve us?
Old 25-09-2020, 10:54 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
We joined the EEC or Common market in 1974 , it was with the signing of the Maastricht treaty in 1992 that we joined the EU

I am trying to find out why the business failed because of the EU
Old 25-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I am trying to find out why the business failed because of the EU
I think it was their failure to take the bull by the horns and crack on
Old 25-09-2020, 01:32 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
I think it was their failure to take the bull by the horns and crack on
Maybe he tried the crack first and then the horn......but it did sound a lot of bull for me....

Old 25-09-2020, 02:46 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
As you have assumed it was due to the competition of other companies that were using labour from in the main Eastern Europe .
Yes the Blair government jumped straight into the free movement ideal early deciding in 2002 they would allow in 2004 that wasn't mandatory until 2011. But that decision to open the door to mass immigration would not have been tolerated without EU membership and the labour governments forecast of 20,000 a year . (In the event x10 ) This was because it was assumed the other EU nations would follow suit ,they didn't and hung us out to dry resulting in economic migration from eastern Europe heading our way ,wage stagnation and in some cases reduction followed .

We can go into the whys and wherefores but the bottom line no longer added up for what we were trying to achieve . I dont blame the guys from Europe , I dont really even blame the Labour government who expected other EU nations to follow suit and maybe spread the load but for me it started alarm bells that sounded like we had lost control of our own Nation .
That might not be as important to some as to others .
The Financial Crisis of 2008 and the Tory austerity years probably had a greater impact on wage stagnation. According to figures 2004 to 2008 were boom years for growth in wages.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 25-09-2020, 02:51 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
I see Prominent brexiteer Jim Ratcliffe, Britain's wealthiest man , has ****ed off to Monaco. You couldn't make this shit up