Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Help, again.

Turned on my laptop this morning, and an error message saying something about IP conflict resolve came up, thought wtf, restarted it, tried again, same error message.
Unplugged my connection cable, then logged in fine, but all my personal settings have changed, e.g. what programmes were pinned to my start menu, my sound preferences, and my Itunes has been uninstalled.

Anyone know what the fudge is going on???

Edit - I have also had to re-install all my ms office programmes.

Last edited by chatham_eagle; 25-04-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Help, again.

Quote:
Originally posted by chatham_eagle

Anyone know what the fudge is going on???
Have you tried it on toast?

Sound like a profile thing to me. Are you connected to a work intranet?
Old 25-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Re: Help, again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Embassy No.1
Are you connected to a work intranet?
Pah

Did you see who started this thread. About as likely about as likely as a PK and The Mashed Bannana having a relationship
Old 25-04-2008, 08:40 PM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
go to c:\documents and settings, and see if there are 2 profiles listed in your name (or similar). it sounds like your PC has thrown a wobbly and recreated your profile, which means all your settings are in the old one. you'd normally only get an IP conflict if there were 2 devices on your network with the same IP - how many other things have you got connected to your router?
Old 26-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by fnord
go to c:\documents and settings, and see if there are 2 profiles listed in your name (or similar). it sounds like your PC has thrown a wobbly and recreated your profile, which means all your settings are in the old one. you'd normally only get an IP conflict if there were 2 devices on your network with the same IP - how many other things have you got connected to your router?
Cheers for that, there was no other profile.

There are 6 laptops connected to the same router.
We each have an ethernet connection in our room, does this change anything?
Old 26-04-2008, 09:34 AM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
if you're still having problems with the laptop:

start/run cmd -----to bring up a DOS window
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

should get a new IP address for it. failing that, reboot everythign including any routers (one of your other laptops probably has the same IP and rebooting might point out which one)

have you added any new kit to the network recently?
Old 26-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Mind your sandwiches

Hmmm, not to my knowledge.
It seems to be running fine now, however if it happens again, I will try your suggestion. Thanks alot for this info
Old 26-04-2008, 09:40 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
you sure you aren't on someone else's laptop?
Old 26-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Mind your sandwiches

Quote:
Originally posted by beef
you sure you aren't on someone else's laptop?
No it's definitely mine, no one else has to use an external keyboard due to a up with his integrated keypad.
My laptop is really shit.