Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:50 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Wait are people really comparing wilf to hazard?
I think it would be a fair comparison. Put Wilf in a good team and Hazard in a weak team and then you'd get another perspective.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:03 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
While I don't think Kirby's being outrageous when he says that if Newcastle get a massive cash injection Wilf is the kind of player they would love to get, I also think that Wilf would turn that one away. I also believe Liverpool and Man City have no interest, Chelsea can't due to the ban and Arsenal (by failing to make the Champions League) don't have the money. Because the Wankers are a shambles who mistreated him previously, I can't see him hankering to go back and I'm not convinced that any foreign clubs with the money have the interest.

Therefore, by process of elimination, Spurs is the most likely by far. If they beat Liverpool, I think they may come knocking because they will have a little more to burn. If they lose, it's less likely though still possible. (I hope he stays!)
if only the champions league involved teams outside of the premier league.....
Old 01-06-2019, 06:31 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
I think it would be a fair comparison. Put Wilf in a good team and Hazard in a weak team and then you'd get another perspective.
Tis true.

If in 1990 you’d said Wright was as good as Lineker, many would have laughed - including Palace fans. Two years later it wasn’t such an outlandish claim.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 01-06-2019, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Tis true.

If in 1990 you’d said Wright was as good as Lineker, many would have laughed - including Palace fans. Two years later it wasn’t such an outlandish claim.
That's true of course and in 2 years time it might be the same of Wilf and Hazard. But at the moment people would be right to laugh.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Tis true.

I loved Ian Wright when he played for us and he was superb at Arsenal too but he was never as good as Lineker.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:10 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Have you ever tried Google or Wikipedia

And also any football fan would know the answer.
I knew the answer, it was for dramatic effect, don't doubt me
Old 01-06-2019, 09:21 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
No because Hazard was better than Wilf 2 years ago and still is. Hazard is different class.
I don't doubt that Hazard is better at the moment, and was better 2 years ago (when Wilf was still 2 years younger, just a thought). But Wilf is improving, and the gap is becoming smaller and smaller. Wilf had his set back when he moved to Man Utd and it took him time to get his confidence back and then kick on. Hazard had a terrible season 2015/16 where he scored a paltry 4 goals. Wilf is approaching 1 in 3. If he could knock in 12-15 goals in his next couple of seasons then I think that with his all-round game - that is similar to Hazard's - he will get the big move. It's not over yet for him, and it is important he makes the right move at the right time.

Zaha's star is still growing. Move now and he gets a Europa League club, and that's his final destination. Move after 2 more decent seasons with us and he gets a top Champions League club, and potentially Europa League with us before that. He needs to be patient, just as he should have been patient when switching his allegiance to Ivory Coast too early imho. He'd have been in the England team by now, surely.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I loved Ian Wright when he played for us and he was superb at Arsenal too but he was never as good as Lineker.
Depends on your perspective I guess

Overall he was a much better footballer than Lineker, he could do anything, score all types of goals from anywhere on the pitch and terrorise defences, fast physically strong and scored with his feet or head

Lineker was unrivalled as a pure penalty area goal scorer but was totally reliant on service
Old 01-06-2019, 10:16 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
As I've said several times already, I don't think he will, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lodged a substantial offer to test Parish's hand. They're on the verge of being taken over by a billionaire and (like Everton) will probably want to make a couple of marquee signings.
Fair enough, I get your point. But it would require an unlikely and unusual series of events for Newcastle in particular.

1. Newcastle finalise this deal (still up in the air according to some reports).
2. Newcastle's new owners decide the best way to spend their money is all on a single player (highly unlikely and a terrible strategy).
3. The clubs have to then agree a price for an asset (and we do not want to sell).
4. Wilf would then have to agree to the transfer (which he wouldn't).

Also, in most transfers the buying club secures interest from the player first and then agrees personal terms before speaking to the selling club. That saves them from bidding for players who don't want to move, and it gives the buying club leverage.

And the idea that any Palace player is going to be 'lured away' by a brutally dull, directionless club like Everton is a fantasy concocted primarily by desperate Everton fans on Twitter.

It's just... not going to happen.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:22 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
I also think we can rule Pep's Man City out of the equation.

Apparently Pep is not 100% on board with Sane because he's unpredictable, wants to play direct football, wants to run at people rather than pass through the defence, so he doesn't completely match up with Pep's ideal version of a winger (Bernarndo Silva, basically).

If he's not convinced by Sane, no way he would pay £80m for Zaha, who is as unpredictable and direct as they come.

So that's City, Arsenal, Tottenham, United and Chelsea all out of the equation.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:59 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
I also think we can rule Pep's Man City out of the equation.

Apparently Pep is not 100% on board with Sane because he's unpredictable, wants to play direct football, wants to run at people rather than pass through the defence, so he doesn't completely match up with Pep's ideal version of a winger (Bernarndo Silva, basically).

If he's not convinced by Sane, no way he would pay £80m for Zaha, who is as unpredictable and direct as they come.

So that's City, Arsenal, Tottenham, United and Chelsea all out of the equation.
Spurs are in the equation according to the guardian, who couldn’t resist a lame pop at wilf for diving. Funny how no one can produce any evidence of this. Whereas you could compile a tasty compilation of the diving of known cheats alli, hazard and salah but journalists write pages and pages about them without mentioning their antics.

Also after A1B according to this.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-06-2019, 05:15 AM

16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray
I dont think the finals could of gone any better regarding this utd and Arsenal are just a no go. Spurs could still go in for him but Poch could go Juve.
City and liverpool i just dont feel will strenghen in this area. Think Klopp will go big name striker thats it maybe Werner though. City will buy defensive centre mid. Maybe also centrr half.

Chelsea cant buy anyone present. They are defiantley main threat with Spurs for me. Hazard goes. Yes Pulisic coming in but unproven this level.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:34 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
While I don't think Kirby's being outrageous when he says that if Newcastle get a massive cash injection Wilf is the kind of player they would love to get, I also think that Wilf would turn that one away. I also believe Liverpool and Man City have no interest, Chelsea can't due to the ban and Arsenal (by failing to make the Champions League) don't have the money. Because the Wankers are a shambles who mistreated him previously, I can't see him hankering to go back and I'm not convinced that any foreign clubs with the money have the interest.

Therefore, by process of elimination, Spurs is the most likely by far. If they beat Liverpool, I think they may come knocking because they will have a little more to burn. If they lose, it's less likely though still possible. (I hope he stays!)
God there's a lot of hope in there.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:35 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
Did you not read this:
Quote:
... and I'm not convinced that any foreign clubs with the money have the interest.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
God there's a lot of hope in there.
Some hope, certainly.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 03-06-2019, 08:32 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Is it the African Nations Cup this Summer ? . If so I guess Zaha will be involved . Being away for 3 to 4 weeks will at least delay a move for him . Not sure if that's a good or bad thing as it would mean we will have less time to try to get a replacement .
Old 03-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
If only more than a handful of clubs outside the Premier League could afford his wages, Champions League or not.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:42 AM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Break the bank to keep Wilf. His value to us is incalculable. Elsewhere he's just another talented footballer - at Palace he's worshipped as the king.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:51 AM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
Break the bank to keep Wilf. His value to us is incalculable. Elsewhere he's just another talented footballer - at Palace he's worshipped as the king.

A bit of an overeaction. In the World of Football ( including CPFC), he is a very talented footballer and part of our recent folklore. However, he has a price like all footballers. I am sure that the owners would be happy with something in the region of £80 to £90 million for him ( just a guesstimate on my behalf).

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 03-06-2019, 09:53 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Is it the African Nations Cup this Summer ? . If so I guess Zaha will be involved . Being away for 3 to 4 weeks will at least delay a move for him . Not sure if that's a good or bad thing as it would mean we will have less time to try to get a replacement .
It is

To view the link you have to Register or Login