Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 26-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post

(although I've arrived at the thread late, and have no idea if I am a middle class office working eco warrior)
I'm not an eco warrior, probably am middle class and certainly work in an office and I've insulated a loft personally, and paid someone else to do one too. Do I win something?
Old 26-09-2019, 09:47 AM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
As much as we should individually and as a whole reduce our impact as humans on the planet, and strive to make things better for all creatures who live on our beautiful spinning ball (/disc if you're an idiot), it seems to be a lot of alternate agendas are being pushed, chiefly for profit over the more altruistic or moralistic aspects.

Climate change seems to me to be based on bad science. The equation we should be looking at is: Climate Change = Human Changes + Natural Variability.

Only very recently have things such as "Space Weather" been taken into account, with one paper published a week ago adding it to the climate change model. Nowhere talks of the giant burning thing in the sky that gives this planet life, or that as it goes through its natural cycles, it directly affects the weather and many things on Earth.

The Suns output includes: Waves (X-Rays, UV,Visible), Particles (Protons, Electrons), Fields (Magnetic connections, Birkeland Currents). Earth's magnetic field is intrinsically entwined with the Sun, allowing full exchange of particles that bypass the Earths protective magnetic 'shell'. Cosmic Rays (Protons, Ions - H, He, C, Fe), Atomic nuclei that break into cascades of Electrons, Positrons, Gamma Rays, Muons, Neutrons. These come from distant Supernova and other energetic events in distant space. Then there are Solar Storms, Solar Wind, all affecting the Earth's Earthquakes, Tornados, Volcanoes, Lightning, Magnetic Pole Reversal, Wind, Clouds and Human Health itself.

All of these contributing factors listed above are currently being put on the Human side of the equation. Usually unmentioned however, that since the 1940's we have been exiting the Solar grand maximum, the highest Solar maximum in over 10,000 years. Why is this rarely if ever mentioned?
Well done Sir, I'm sure all the climate scientists will be round to your house this evening to thank you for pointing out about the sun, I'm sure they're unaware of its existence.

The human race owes a debt of gratitude to you, how will it ever repay your wonderful insight. How about some insulation for your loft?
Old 26-09-2019, 11:05 AM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Dont be silly.

Bleeding heart Liberal Scientists are lying about Climate Change in order to increase their research budgets and feel important and promote bolshevism and sexual deviance.

Fossil fuel companies and their investors are unselfishly sponsoring a search for pure truth, for the good of mankind.
Old 26-09-2019, 11:39 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
T In my house the heating never comes on upstairs at all.

thats just because you are obviously living up to your BBS username...no other reason.

SaulAlinsky
Old 26-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
Dont be silly.

Bleeding heart Liberal Scientists are lying about Climate Change in order to increase their research budgets and feel important and promote bolshevism and sexual deviance.

Fossil fuel companies and their investors are unselfishly sponsoring a search for pure truth, for the good of mankind.

You are Donald Trump and I claim my 5.
Old 26-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
Dont be silly.

The investors in fossil fuel companies are making them go carbon neutral. Institutional investors are driving sutainability more than governments

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 26-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Well done Sir, I'm sure all the climate scientists will be round to your house this evening to thank you for pointing out about the sun, I'm sure they're unaware of its existence.

The human race owes a debt of gratitude to you, how will it ever repay your wonderful insight. How about some insulation for your loft?
Brilliant, the same climate scientists who use bad science to dupe the world?

My point exactly, there are many idiots on the planet. Let's all run around like headless chickens worrying about loft insulation, idiots throwing money at clever people using guilt as currency, building wind farms that create more greenhouse gasses in the production of the giant steel blades than they will ever reduce in their working lives, and kill more parts of the natural world and its species than they cure, when in reality human impact on climate change is probably a tiny percentage compared to all the constant off-planet bombardment we constantly receive.

You're right immoralgiant, let's just be dicks and not have a proper adult conversation about it.
Old 26-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I'm not an eco warrior, probably am middle class and certainly work in an office and I've insulated a loft personally, and paid someone else to do one too. Do I win something?
I think you better ask NKE. Not sure what point he was trying to make asking the question.
Old 26-09-2019, 03:22 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
The investors in fossil fuel companies are making them go carbon neutral. Institutional investors are driving sutainability more than governments

So who is funding the climate change "skeptics" now?
Old 26-09-2019, 03:27 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

My point exactly, there are many idiots on the planet. Let's all run around like headless chickens worrying about loft insulation, idiots throwing money at clever people using guilt as currency, building wind farms that create more greenhouse gasses in the production of the giant steel blades than they will ever reduce in their working lives, and kill more parts of the natural world and its species than they cure, when in reality human impact on climate change is probably a tiny percentage compared to all the constant off-planet bombardment we constantly receive.

You're right immoralgiant, let's just be dicks and not have a proper adult conversation about it.
Sone pretty heavy statements. Can you back up with evidence
Old 26-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:

The Suns output includes: Waves (X-Rays, UV,Visible), Particles (Protons, Electrons), Fields (Magnetic connections, Birkeland Currents). Earth's magnetic field is intrinsically entwined with t.....?

The old currant bun, my first thought on this was why not pull a tarp over it to keep things cooler. However one big enough might cost a few quid and who could hold it up anyway.

Then I remembered the Albedo effect, the clouds mostly being white reflect more of the sun's energy. The hotter it gets the more clouds we get the more energy gets reflected. Yes, more clouds as the temperature rises as the atmosphere can hold more water.

Job done.
Old 26-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreytatou View Post
Errrr....well I did my loft
I'm pretty sure you did your loft to save a few quid on your heating bill rather than save the planet. I certainly saved a bit.
Old 26-09-2019, 05:41 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
As much as we should individually and as a whole reduce our impact as humans on the planet, and strive to make things better for all creatures who live on our beautiful spinning ball (/disc if you're an idiot), it seems to be a lot of alternate agendas are being pushed, chiefly for profit over the more altruistic or moralistic aspects.

Climate change seems to me to be based on bad science. The equation we should be looking at is: Climate Change = Human Changes + Natural Variability.

Only very recently have things such as "Space Weather" been taken into account, with one paper published a week ago adding it to the climate change model. Nowhere talks of the giant burning thing in the sky that gives this planet life, or that as it goes through its natural cycles, it directly affects the weather and many things on Earth.

The Suns output includes: Waves (X-Rays, UV,Visible), Particles (Protons, Electrons), Fields (Magnetic connections, Birkeland Currents). Earth's magnetic field is intrinsically entwined with the Sun, allowing full exchange of particles that bypass the Earths protective magnetic 'shell'. Cosmic Rays (Protons, Ions - H, He, C, Fe), Atomic nuclei that break into cascades of Electrons, Positrons, Gamma Rays, Muons, Neutrons. These come from distant Supernova and other energetic events in distant space. Then there are Solar Storms, Solar Wind, all affecting the Earth's Earthquakes, Tornados, Volcanoes, Lightning, Magnetic Pole Reversal, Wind, Clouds and Human Health itself.

All of these contributing factors listed above are currently being put on the Human side of the equation. Usually unmentioned however, that since the 1940's we have been exiting the Solar grand maximum, the highest Solar maximum in over 10,000 years. Why is this rarely if ever mentioned?
The same reason as why the following aren't mentioned.

Milankovic cycles of orbital forcing
Precession of the axis
Precession of the equinoctes
Obliquity of the orbit
The Moon
Interstellar dust
The Maunder minimum
The Younger Dryas
The Eemian Stage
The distribution of the continents
The salinity of the oceans
The causes of ice ages and interglacials
The Zanclean flood
The incidence of volcanic eruptions
Clathrates
Retreat of Alpine glaciers in the 18th and 19th centuries
Old 26-09-2019, 05:41 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Maybe you should listen to her rather than listening to what people are saying about her.

Saw her speech.

Was sad to see a youngster so full.of anger.
Old 26-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Saw her speech.

Did you expect her to stand up and say everything is awesome?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-09-2019, 06:29 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Saw her speech.

Unlike brexit racists, here there actually something real to be angry about
Old 26-09-2019, 06:31 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

We'll have an adult conversation about it once you accept that you know little of science and pull your fingers out of your ears and stop behaving like a child who knows better than the grown ups that have been studying the field for decades.

For one you think wind farms have "giant steel blades". I suggest you do some reading up about the materials that make up the blades (spoiler, you'll be pleasantly surprised).
Old 26-09-2019, 09:23 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post

Precession of the axis
Obliquity of the orbit
The Moon
Interstellar dust
The Maunder minimum
The Younger Dryas
The Eemian Stage
The Zanclean flood
Clathrates
Are these all Muse albums?
Old 26-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post

Precession of the axis
Obliquity of the orbit
The Moon
Interstellar dust
The Maunder minimum
The Younger Dryas
The Eemian Stage
The Zanclean flood
Clathrates
Except that all relevant factors are taken into account.
Old 26-09-2019, 09:57 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
We'll have an adult conversation about it once you accept that you know little of science and pull your fingers out of your ears and stop behaving like a child who knows better than the grown ups that have been studying the field for decades.

For one you think wind farms have "giant steel blades". I suggest you do some reading up about the materials that make up the blades (spoiler, you'll be pleasantly surprised).
I mistyped blades, the turbines as a whole though are generally made of 71/79% steel + other metals, all mined and reformed using fossil fuels. Fibreglass, plastics etc make up just 11-16%. My other point about them was them affecting the wildlife in the areas they are placed. Along with bird / bat collisions, which is possibly lower than reported, but offshore wind farms must surely be affecting delicate sea life.

So have you been working for decades in this field? Or is it that you just like using childish put-downs to inspire an adult conversation?