Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 26-09-2019, 09:22 AM
brighton_eagle's Avatar
brighton_eagle brighton_eagle is offline
Lovely
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Age: 50
Posts: 51,565
Rep Power: 21474858
brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post


(although I've arrived at the thread late, and have no idea if I am a middle class office working eco warrior)
I'm not an eco warrior, probably am middle class and certainly work in an office and I've insulated a loft personally, and paid someone else to do one too. Do I win something?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 26-09-2019, 09:47 AM
immoralgiant immoralgiant is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,479
Rep Power: 5156892
immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
As much as we should individually and as a whole reduce our impact as humans on the planet, and strive to make things better for all creatures who live on our beautiful spinning ball (/disc if you're an idiot), it seems to be a lot of alternate agendas are being pushed, chiefly for profit over the more altruistic or moralistic aspects.

Climate change seems to me to be based on bad science. The equation we should be looking at is: Climate Change = Human Changes + Natural Variability.

Only very recently have things such as "Space Weather" been taken into account, with one paper published a week ago adding it to the climate change model. Nowhere talks of the giant burning thing in the sky that gives this planet life, or that as it goes through its natural cycles, it directly affects the weather and many things on Earth.

The Suns output includes: Waves (X-Rays, UV,Visible), Particles (Protons, Electrons), Fields (Magnetic connections, Birkeland Currents). Earth's magnetic field is intrinsically entwined with the Sun, allowing full exchange of particles that bypass the Earths protective magnetic 'shell'. Cosmic Rays (Protons, Ions - H, He, C, Fe), Atomic nuclei that break into cascades of Electrons, Positrons, Gamma Rays, Muons, Neutrons. These come from distant Supernova and other energetic events in distant space. Then there are Solar Storms, Solar Wind, all affecting the Earth's Earthquakes, Tornados, Volcanoes, Lightning, Magnetic Pole Reversal, Wind, Clouds and Human Health itself.

All of these contributing factors listed above are currently being put on the Human side of the equation. Usually unmentioned however, that since the 1940's we have been exiting the Solar grand maximum, the highest Solar maximum in over 10,000 years. Why is this rarely if ever mentioned?
Well done Sir, I'm sure all the climate scientists will be round to your house this evening to thank you for pointing out about the sun, I'm sure they're unaware of its existence.

The human race owes a debt of gratitude to you, how will it ever repay your wonderful insight. How about some insulation for your loft?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 26-09-2019, 11:05 AM
nicky nicky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,783
Rep Power: 21474856
nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Dont be silly.

Bleeding heart Liberal Scientists are lying about Climate Change in order to increase their research budgets and feel important and promote bolshevism and sexual deviance.

Fossil fuel companies and their investors are unselfishly sponsoring a search for pure truth, for the good of mankind.
__________________
It is far easier to be wise for others than to be so for oneself
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 26-09-2019, 11:39 AM
weltklasse's Avatar
weltklasse weltklasse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Posts: 37,711
Rep Power: 21474856
weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
T In my house the heating never comes on upstairs at all.

.
thats just because you are obviously living up to your BBS username...no other reason.
__________________
Don't worry, boys, we'll weather this storm of approval and come out as hated as ever.

SaulAlinsky
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 26-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Skintagain's Avatar
Skintagain Skintagain is offline
Policy advisor to God
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Just outside the EU
Posts: 16,509
Rep Power: 21474846
Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
Dont be silly.

Bleeding heart Liberal Scientists are lying about Climate Change in order to increase their research budgets and feel important and promote bolshevism and sexual deviance.

Fossil fuel companies and their investors are unselfishly sponsoring a search for pure truth, for the good of mankind.

You are Donald Trump and I claim my 5.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 26-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Oisin's Avatar
Oisin Oisin is offline
Wasn't me
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: UAE
Age: 45
Posts: 20,205
Rep Power: 21474858
Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
Dont be silly.


Fossil fuel companies and their investors are unselfishly sponsoring a search for pure truth, for the good of mankind.
The investors in fossil fuel companies are making them go carbon neutral. Institutional investors are driving sutainability more than governments

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 26-09-2019, 01:36 PM
regal_eagle's Avatar
regal_eagle regal_eagle is offline
Unregistered Muser
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,974
Rep Power: 21474850
regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Well done Sir, I'm sure all the climate scientists will be round to your house this evening to thank you for pointing out about the sun, I'm sure they're unaware of its existence.

The human race owes a debt of gratitude to you, how will it ever repay your wonderful insight. How about some insulation for your loft?
Brilliant, the same climate scientists who use bad science to dupe the world?

My point exactly, there are many idiots on the planet. Let's all run around like headless chickens worrying about loft insulation, idiots throwing money at clever people using guilt as currency, building wind farms that create more greenhouse gasses in the production of the giant steel blades than they will ever reduce in their working lives, and kill more parts of the natural world and its species than they cure, when in reality human impact on climate change is probably a tiny percentage compared to all the constant off-planet bombardment we constantly receive.

You're right immoralgiant, let's just be dicks and not have a proper adult conversation about it.
__________________
"Yeeeeeellow"
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 26-09-2019, 01:43 PM
smileysmith's Avatar
smileysmith smileysmith is offline
Got my eagle eye on you.
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Gipsy Hill
Posts: 34,725
Rep Power: 21474855
smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I'm not an eco warrior, probably am middle class and certainly work in an office and I've insulated a loft personally, and paid someone else to do one too. Do I win something?
I think you better ask NKE. Not sure what point he was trying to make asking the question.
__________________
Free cloud space, sign up here: https://db.tt/gfum7zKa
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 26-09-2019, 03:22 PM
nicky nicky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,783
Rep Power: 21474856
nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
The investors in fossil fuel companies are making them go carbon neutral. Institutional investors are driving sutainability more than governments

To view the link you have to Register or Login
So who is funding the climate change "skeptics" now?
__________________
It is far easier to be wise for others than to be so for oneself
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 26-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Golf Boy's Avatar
Golf Boy Golf Boy is offline
I'm not divorced
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Baltic Sea
Age: 51
Posts: 41,007
Rep Power: 21474853
Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
Brilliant, the same climate scientists who use bad science to dupe the world?

My point exactly, there are many idiots on the planet. Let's all run around like headless chickens worrying about loft insulation, idiots throwing money at clever people using guilt as currency, building wind farms that create more greenhouse gasses in the production of the giant steel blades than they will ever reduce in their working lives, and kill more parts of the natural world and its species than they cure, when in reality human impact on climate change is probably a tiny percentage compared to all the constant off-planet bombardment we constantly receive.

You're right immoralgiant, let's just be dicks and not have a proper adult conversation about it.
Sone pretty heavy statements. Can you back up with evidence
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 26-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Skintagain's Avatar
Skintagain Skintagain is offline
Policy advisor to God
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Just outside the EU
Posts: 16,509
Rep Power: 21474846
Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
...

The Suns output includes: Waves (X-Rays, UV,Visible), Particles (Protons, Electrons), Fields (Magnetic connections, Birkeland Currents). Earth's magnetic field is intrinsically entwined with t.....?

The old currant bun, my first thought on this was why not pull a tarp over it to keep things cooler. However one big enough might cost a few quid and who could hold it up anyway.

Then I remembered the Albedo effect, the clouds mostly being white reflect more of the sun's energy. The hotter it gets the more clouds we get the more energy gets reflected. Yes, more clouds as the temperature rises as the atmosphere can hold more water.

Job done.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 26-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Skintagain's Avatar
Skintagain Skintagain is offline
Policy advisor to God
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Just outside the EU
Posts: 16,509
Rep Power: 21474846
Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreytatou View Post
Errrr....well I did my loft
I'm pretty sure you did your loft to save a few quid on your heating bill rather than save the planet. I certainly saved a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 26-09-2019, 05:41 PM
chateauferret's Avatar
chateauferret chateauferret is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Age: 55
Posts: 7,495
Rep Power: 21474841
chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
As much as we should individually and as a whole reduce our impact as humans on the planet, and strive to make things better for all creatures who live on our beautiful spinning ball (/disc if you're an idiot), it seems to be a lot of alternate agendas are being pushed, chiefly for profit over the more altruistic or moralistic aspects.

Climate change seems to me to be based on bad science. The equation we should be looking at is: Climate Change = Human Changes + Natural Variability.

Only very recently have things such as "Space Weather" been taken into account, with one paper published a week ago adding it to the climate change model. Nowhere talks of the giant burning thing in the sky that gives this planet life, or that as it goes through its natural cycles, it directly affects the weather and many things on Earth.

The Suns output includes: Waves (X-Rays, UV,Visible), Particles (Protons, Electrons), Fields (Magnetic connections, Birkeland Currents). Earth's magnetic field is intrinsically entwined with the Sun, allowing full exchange of particles that bypass the Earths protective magnetic 'shell'. Cosmic Rays (Protons, Ions - H, He, C, Fe), Atomic nuclei that break into cascades of Electrons, Positrons, Gamma Rays, Muons, Neutrons. These come from distant Supernova and other energetic events in distant space. Then there are Solar Storms, Solar Wind, all affecting the Earth's Earthquakes, Tornados, Volcanoes, Lightning, Magnetic Pole Reversal, Wind, Clouds and Human Health itself.

All of these contributing factors listed above are currently being put on the Human side of the equation. Usually unmentioned however, that since the 1940's we have been exiting the Solar grand maximum, the highest Solar maximum in over 10,000 years. Why is this rarely if ever mentioned?
The same reason as why the following aren't mentioned.

Milankovic cycles of orbital forcing
Precession of the axis
Precession of the equinoctes
Obliquity of the orbit
The Moon
Interstellar dust
The Maunder minimum
The Younger Dryas
The Eemian Stage
The distribution of the continents
The salinity of the oceans
The causes of ice ages and interglacials
The Zanclean flood
The incidence of volcanic eruptions
Clathrates
Retreat of Alpine glaciers in the 18th and 19th centuries
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 26-09-2019, 05:41 PM
macstar's Avatar
macstar macstar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 20,152
Rep Power: 21474855
macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Maybe you should listen to her rather than listening to what people are saying about her.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Saw her speech.

Was sad to see a youngster so full.of anger.
__________________
my youtube page:
www.youtube.com/macstar2010
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 26-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Adlerhorst's Avatar
Adlerhorst Adlerhorst is offline
Happy Felix Day!
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hertfordshire
Age: 43
Posts: 69,342
Rep Power: 21474853
Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Saw her speech.

Was sad to see a youngster so full.of anger.
Did you expect her to stand up and say everything is awesome?
__________________
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 26-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Golf Boy's Avatar
Golf Boy Golf Boy is offline
I'm not divorced
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Baltic Sea
Age: 51
Posts: 41,007
Rep Power: 21474853
Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Saw her speech.

Was sad to see a youngster so full.of anger.
Unlike brexit racists, here there actually something real to be angry about
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 26-09-2019, 06:31 PM
immoralgiant immoralgiant is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,479
Rep Power: 5156892
immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
Brilliant, the same climate scientists who use bad science to dupe the world?

My point exactly, there are many idiots on the planet. Let's all run around like headless chickens worrying about loft insulation, idiots throwing money at clever people using guilt as currency, building wind farms that create more greenhouse gasses in the production of the giant steel blades than they will ever reduce in their working lives, and kill more parts of the natural world and its species than they cure, when in reality human impact on climate change is probably a tiny percentage compared to all the constant off-planet bombardment we constantly receive.

You're right immoralgiant, let's just be dicks and not have a proper adult conversation about it.
We'll have an adult conversation about it once you accept that you know little of science and pull your fingers out of your ears and stop behaving like a child who knows better than the grown ups that have been studying the field for decades.

For one you think wind farms have "giant steel blades". I suggest you do some reading up about the materials that make up the blades (spoiler, you'll be pleasantly surprised).
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 26-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Oldtown Eagle Oldtown Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Age: 66
Posts: 1,235
Rep Power: 17003388
Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
The same reason as why the following aren't mentioned.

Milankovic cycles of orbital forcing
Precession of the axis
Precession of the equinoctes
Obliquity of the orbit
The Moon
Interstellar dust
The Maunder minimum
The Younger Dryas
The Eemian Stage
The distribution of the continents
The salinity of the oceans
The causes of ice ages and interglacials
The Zanclean flood
The incidence of volcanic eruptions
Clathrates
Retreat of Alpine glaciers in the 18th and 19th centuries
Are these all Muse albums?
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 26-09-2019, 09:51 PM
wedgetail's Avatar
wedgetail wedgetail is offline
Sing now, godess.
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Before the Skaian gate of Ilion
Posts: 12,907
Rep Power: 21474858
wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
The same reason as why the following aren't mentioned.

Milankovic cycles of orbital forcing
Precession of the axis
Precession of the equinoctes
Obliquity of the orbit
The Moon
Interstellar dust
The Maunder minimum
The Younger Dryas
The Eemian Stage
The distribution of the continents
The salinity of the oceans
The causes of ice ages and interglacials
The Zanclean flood
The incidence of volcanic eruptions
Clathrates
Retreat of Alpine glaciers in the 18th and 19th centuries
Except that all relevant factors are taken into account.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 26-09-2019, 09:57 PM
regal_eagle's Avatar
regal_eagle regal_eagle is offline
Unregistered Muser
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,974
Rep Power: 21474850
regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
We'll have an adult conversation about it once you accept that you know little of science and pull your fingers out of your ears and stop behaving like a child who knows better than the grown ups that have been studying the field for decades.

For one you think wind farms have "giant steel blades". I suggest you do some reading up about the materials that make up the blades (spoiler, you'll be pleasantly surprised).
I mistyped blades, the turbines as a whole though are generally made of 71/79% steel + other metals, all mined and reformed using fossil fuels. Fibreglass, plastics etc make up just 11-16%. My other point about them was them affecting the wildlife in the areas they are placed. Along with bird / bat collisions, which is possibly lower than reported, but offshore wind farms must surely be affecting delicate sea life.

So have you been working for decades in this field? Or is it that you just like using childish put-downs to inspire an adult conversation?
__________________
"Yeeeeeellow"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.