Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football World Cup 2018

Notices

World Cup 2018 World Cup Forum

View Poll Results: How much do you care about England compared to Palace?
More than Palace 1 0.58%
The same 22 12.79%
Less than Palace 75 43.60%
Couldn稚 give a toss compared to Palace 72 41.86%
Moo 2 1.16%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2018, 06:25 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
I知 sorry but this is absolute bollocks.
It's not bollocks. I'm with exiled on this one. I suspect we're not alone.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:29 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
It's not bollocks. I'm with exiled on this one. I suspect we're not alone.

Absolutely.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:42 AM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just went to bed after the final whistle. Had Palace lost I'd have been stewing for hours before even attempting sleep.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:43 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
I知 sorry but this is absolute bollocks.
No not absolute bollocks it is simply how I feel.

I was over the game last night almost as soon as the whistle went. CYL back pass from his own half against Burnley that saw us lose, stayed with me for quite a while afterwards leaving me concerned about our chances of Premier league survival despite it being so early in the season.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:45 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I知 hurting but will be ok in a few days. I still get regular memory shivers about recent Palace FA Cup final. If we were to win the FA Cup I would be a blubbering mess.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:57 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I'd take an England World Cup win over everything palace could win maybe bar the league.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:57 AM
Forever Young

Wingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
I was at the Claridge shin match. After witnessing that as a kid you can pretty much deal with anything in football. England losing tonight is disappointing but to compare it to Palace is impossible as it doesn't even compare in importance.
My first ever Palace match, so this.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:24 AM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I'd take an England World Cup win over everything palace could win maybe bar the league.
Not for me, I'd take Palace winning the FA Cup over an England World Cup win.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:31 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Palace for me every time. I went off going to England games when I witnessed the appalling treatment given to Ian Wright on his England debut by thousands of so-called England supporters. The Columbia game was the first time I could get excited about England since the Brazil quarter final all those years ago. I知 not sure I致e ever really got over our cup final defeat.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:33 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
I will NEVER get over the 2 FA Cup Final defeats. Especially the unfair nature of the 2nd time around.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:38 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
I was going to put Palace but ended up with the same.

If Palace lose, there is always the next game, a few days later (even if it is Man City away !!).

England wise, The next tournament is 2 years away and that's if we qualify for it.

Obviously losing the 2016 Cup Final to those vile scumbags did take some getting over.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:40 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Palace are a family. They're important. You care about them. They effect you in ways very few other things do. They matter.

England are just a group of random players.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 12-07-2018, 07:42 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
England losing is disappointing but Palace losing is gut wrenching. England winning is good, Palace winning is amazing.
The journey has been fun with England though and I知 already looking forward to the Euros in two years time (assuming we qualify).
Old 12-07-2018, 07:47 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Palace are a family. They're important. You care about them. They effect you in ways very few other things do. They matter.

England are just a group of random players.
Don't share that view personally - i.e. the second bit. It would be incredible to watch England win the World Cup.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:49 AM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would probably agree now although I was equally gutted about England and Palace in 1990.

A few on here have mentioned it but England have not been likeable as a team (plus their awful WAGs) for 10+ years and for me it's been less to do with their football and more with their twatty attitudes and swagger and their getting sucked into the whole celebrity / reality TV filth that has infected our society and values.

We ought to worship / admire England's all time record scorer but everything about him is awful. Thank God Southgate binned him off for England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Old 12-07-2018, 07:50 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
I’d also take Palace staying up, winning the league cup, finishing in a European spot, or doing the double over the wankers first.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:52 AM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In general, Palace over England, but to some extent it does depend on the importance/ expectation of the game. For example. Palace losing two nil away to Man City early in the season would be less upsetting than England losing a World Cup semi final that we had the chance to win. But Palace losing to Huddersfield 3 - 0 at home would hurt a hell of a lot more than say England losing 1 - 0 against Tunisia.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace is about pain and glory for me alone in our house, street, village.

England was about potential glory for my whole family, street, village.

Personally I'd get more pleasure if Palace won the FA Cup than England winning the World Cup. But given how much joy it would have given those around me if England had won the World Cup, and how it brought people together just by losing in the Semi-Final, I'm not entirely sure which I'd choose if I was somehow given the choice.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
I'm an unashamed glory hunter when it comes to England.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 12-07-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Palace is about pain and glory for me alone in our house, street, village.

England was about potential glory for my whole family, street, village.

Personally I'd get more pleasure if Palace won the FA Cup than England winning the World Cup. But given how much joy it would have given those around me if England had won the World Cup, and how it brought people together just by losing in the Semi-Final, I'm not entirely sure which I'd choose if I was somehow given the choice.
Nicely put.