Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-03-2019, 09:51 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Cabaye and RLC were far better than Meyer and Kouyate
Exactly.

It's not even close. And when we had Cabaye and RLC on the pitch we won lots of games. Roy needs better players; with good players he can do the job. The summer transfer window was a ******* shambles in terms of club progression. (Understandably so if money was tight but we regressed, that much is obvious to most.)
Old 20-03-2019, 09:56 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Or more likely the away form goes in the bin the injury to Sakho means we start conceding more goals and we disrupt the team with 8 matches to go.

The problem and has been for years poor quality confused recruitment. We have not prioritised creativity and no Max is not yet the answer. Starting seasons without key positions filled or having no backup. This is a structural club issue. There has been a bit of progress in this area so a bit of credit has to go to Dougie. But we've constantly changed managers and it has not improved our home form yet. Both Pulis and Hodgson made temporary improvements at home and I'd argue Pulis, BFS, De Boer have been exceedingly disappointed with our recruitment. Roy is generally too 'nice' to say anything but he has made some comments over the season which suggests he thought we'd be going for the top 10.

Personally I'd like him to be more dynamic and getting more support in the opposition box would help us. I genuinely think we are like a cheap version of Wenger's Arsenal but some players with a bit more thrust and size ie an Antonio type, an RLC replacement, get Riedewald going or bring in a Dendoncker type and a player with a similar profile to Neal Maupay. Would see Roy's typical tactics work more at home.

But he's not going to change and I really don't think the club have given him the players to fit how we were setting up. I'd rather add the three/four players I think we are short of then see how we are after that. The squad is close. Bringing a new manager in is just going to add more upheaval. We need to have a finished settled premier League squad before we start changing managers.
Completely agree. We are 3 or 4 players away from having a settled Premier League squad. Hopefully Roy can attract them better than most. And then we can say goodbye to Roy and bring in a young manager. But we are about 15 months away from being in that position. Roy must be given money in the summer and hopefully we can be Top 10 next season. I back Roy to do a solid job with the right players at his disposal, despite the negative boring tactics.
Old 23-03-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Jose Mourinho
Think he'd be a perfect fit, but obviously a massive gamble because of , if we could even attract him. Positives would be a manager with passion and also a squad full of defensive talent that would suit him. Could take us to a new level, or could bankrupt the club.

Think I'd stick with Roy.
Old 23-03-2019, 01:40 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
I make it 4 hodgson out threads on the 1st page and one wants a new assistant for him. Mods how about a separate section of GPD so those people who want to can speak to each other

Last edited by cranesparkeagle; 23-03-2019 at 06:07 PM.