Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-10-2020, 04:05 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
The signing of Clyne on a short contract would suggest (to me ) that we have signed a crock in Ferguson . I hope Im wrong but never ending long term injuries are an unfortunate consequence of pro sport . We have had enough of them over the years without actually buying one .
Just think we are being sensible and not rushing him back which is very wise. The fact Clyne only has a deal till Jan suggests they expect Ferguson to be ready by then.
Old 15-10-2020, 04:30 PM

aashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveamiss View Post
Living in USA it's even harder to keep up with things.
What is status of Ferguson?
He was injured back at Christmas. Surely he had a medical before he signed in the Summer, so has he suffered a new injury or repeat of old one?
Has he had surgery? Any estimates ?
End of Jan was when he last played.
Old 15-10-2020, 04:31 PM

aashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
The signing of Clyne on a short contract would suggest (to me ) that we have signed a crock in Ferguson . I hope Im wrong but never ending long term injuries are an unfortunate consequence of pro sport . We have had enough of them over the years without actually buying one .
We actually bought 2 of them in Wickham and sakho
Old 15-10-2020, 04:39 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Just think we are being sensible and not rushing him back which is very wise. The fact Clyne only has a deal till Jan suggests they expect Ferguson to be ready by then.
Even then, it remains to be seen if he is ready for the Premier League after just 21 appearances in the Championship. Wouldn't be surprised if Clyne's deal was extended longer.
Old 15-10-2020, 05:07 PM

Alfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The sensible thing to have done would not to have signed him , how the hell did he pass a medical.
Old 15-10-2020, 05:12 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfies army View Post
The sensible thing to have done would not to have signed him , how the hell did he pass a medical.
You'll only pass a medical if you HAVE injury problems at Palace. We must love keeping our physio busy. Mr Parish is like a car salesman who only deals in Cat B write offs.
Old 15-10-2020, 05:34 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Don't know how people can have a downer on this signing - for me it's potentially one of the most exciting we've made in a while. Let's wait and see how it turns out before panning it, shall we?
Old 15-10-2020, 05:35 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
West Brom didn’t seem too bothered him leaving. Why leave the team you grew up with the year they get promoted?
Old 15-10-2020, 05:37 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
We actually bought 2 of them in Wickham and sakho
Wickham was at least fit when we signed him.
Old 15-10-2020, 05:38 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
West Brom didnít seem too bothered him leaving. Why leave the team you grew up with the year they get promoted?
Think you find they did!
Old 15-10-2020, 05:41 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
West Brom didnít seem too bothered him leaving. Why leave the team you grew up with the year they get promoted?
Have to admit that my only West Brom supporting friend isn't too bothered or sure about him. He said they didn't really miss him when he was injured and his performances had dropped off after those initial, promising games.

He doesn't watch every game so that is the caveat. But yes, I'm not sure why so many on the BBS were convinced we have signed an excellent, young right back who will do well in the PL on the basis of 21 Championship appearances that very few of us watched a minute of.

He might do very well for us but he might not. And the fact he is injured, after a very serious injury is certainly a concern.

If you ask me right now, I'd have preferred we had bought someone like Matty Cash who had established himself more in the Championship and was and is fit. Would have cost more of course but will have to see what Ferguson brings.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 15-10-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 15-10-2020, 06:13 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Have to admit that my only West Brom supporting friend isn't too bothered or sure about him. He said they didn't really miss him when he was injured and his performances had dropped off after those initial, promising games.

He doesn't watch every game so that is the caveat. But yes, I'm not sure why so many on the BBS were convinced we have signed an excellent, young right back who will do well in the PL on the basis of 21 Championship appearances that very few of us watched a minute of.

He might do very well for us but he might not. And the fact he is injured, after a very serious injury is certainly a concern.

If you ask me right now, I'd have preferred we had bought someone like Matty Cash who had established himself more in the Premier League and was and is fit. Would have cost more of course but will have to see what Ferguson brings.
He has just turned 20 and only played 21 games in his entire career.
Old 15-10-2020, 06:39 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post

If you ask me right now, I'd have preferred we had bought someone like Matty Cash who had established himself more in the Premier League and was and is fit. Would have cost more of course but will have to see what Ferguson brings.
Think you mistyped, Cash has so far had one PL game. He had only played at Championship level plus a few games in L2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 15-10-2020, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
He has just turned 20 and only played 21 games in his entire career.
I know.
Old 15-10-2020, 06:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Think you mistyped, Cash has so far had one PL game. He had only played at Championship level plus a few games in L2
Sorry, yes, I meant to say in the Championship.

He was more established in the Championship. But he has played loads more in the Championship than Ferguson, was more established as a consistent performer at that level and of course was and is fit.
Old 15-10-2020, 07:02 PM

churley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
WBA fans saying they didn’t miss him? Where have I heard that one before?

They’d do very, very well to survive this season, even if they say they don’t miss him, I doubt they’ll keep that up when they’re relegatedz
Old 15-10-2020, 07:02 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you think it's a such bad sign, why don't you ask Wilf Zaha?
Old 15-10-2020, 08:02 PM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfies army View Post
He didn't. They knew he needed surgery, but thought it was a risk worth taking because if he recovers he will be an asset
Old 15-10-2020, 08:20 PM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Slaven Bilic seemed pretty angry?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-10-2020, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannerEagle View Post
Slaven Bilic seemed pretty angry?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Course because it was an annoyance and he wanted a bigger fee for him.