Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 09-10-2021, 10:00 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Alison Moyet
Karen Carpenter
Eva Cassidy
Can I have another two, please?

P P Arnold
Madeline Bell
Old 10-10-2021, 01:06 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Jaki Graham

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Gwen Guthrie

Karen Carpenter
Old 10-10-2021, 05:35 PM

ceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is here
Gladys Knight

Lisa Stansfield

Aretha Franklin
Old 10-10-2021, 05:44 PM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anita Baker by a country mile

Karen Carpenter

Adele
Old 11-10-2021, 01:02 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
I originally posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
My top 3 would be:

1. Alison Moyet
2. Annie Lennox
3. Debbie Harry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I might be tone deaf but Debbie Harry sounds awful live. A proper beauty though in her day.
Having given this some more thought, in hindsight I think you're right. I loved DH on record, but I'd forgotten the one time I saw Blondie live (just a few years ago) and while admittedly not in their heyday, she was pretty bad. In fact it was like the most expensive karaoke night I've ever been to, as she held the mic out to the crowd to sing what felt like every other line.

I'd also completely forgotten about Karen Carpenter, so my revised list is:

1. Alison Moyet
2. Annie Lennox
3. Karen Carpenter
Old 11-10-2021, 09:50 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
Anita Baker by a country mile

Karen Carpenter

Adele
Anita Bakers got a terrific voice but dont know enough of her stuff
Old 11-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I know a BBSer who snogged Anita Baker - just putting it out there.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:58 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post

I was propositioned once by Cheryl Baker - does that count ?

(Edit she was working with a mate of mine at the time and he mentioned how much I fancied her back in the 80s. She phoned me to arrange a date and I was on hands free with some mates in the car going to football. She was really convincing until I heard my mates booming laugh in the background. She apparently is a right laugh)

Last edited by Another Oxted Eagle; 11-10-2021 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:09 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
If you're putting her up as one of the three greatest chanteuses of all time, it's certainly not out of place here.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:14 AM

baughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fear
1: Aretha Franklin

1: Karen Carpenter

3: Annie lenox
Old 11-10-2021, 11:15 AM

baughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearbaughurst eagle is a gunboat in a sea of fear
worse 3
mariah Carey
Cion Dionne
Katie Perry
Old 11-10-2021, 12:14 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=weltklasse;16043770]
Quote:
I might be tone deaf/QUOTE]

you are
I may be, but Debbie Harry and Dolores were still poor when i heard them live.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:33 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I originally posted

Having given this some more thought, in hindsight I think you're right. I loved DH on record, but I'd forgotten the one time I saw Blondie live (just a few years ago) and while admittedly not in their heyday, she was pretty bad. In fact it was like the most expensive karaoke night I've ever been to, as she held the mic out to the crowd to sing what felt like every other line.

I'd also completely forgotten about Karen Carpenter, so my revised list is:

1. Alison Moyet
2. Annie Lennox
3. Karen Carpenter
I love the records too, as with The Cranberries but both very weak at reproducing it live, especially Blondie - if anyone can find a link with her singing well Iíll get them a pint next time Iím over.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:41 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Quote:
I love the records too, as with The Cranberries but both very weak at reproducing it live, especially Blondie - if anyone can find a link with her singing well Iíll get them a pint next time Iím over.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:42 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

She clearly could sing - I am not sure I understand why largely she could never pull it off, live.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:48 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Stephen Malkmus?
Old 11-10-2021, 12:48 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Eddi Reader anyone?
Old 11-10-2021, 01:20 PM

Alfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pat Benatar
Janet Gardner - vixen
Lita Ford

Also Patty Smyth
Clare Grogan - altered images
Old 11-10-2021, 03:19 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:

I suppose this means i owe you a pint.
Old 11-10-2021, 03:39 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Stephen Malkmus?
That would be a tale worth telling but no, neither Malkmus nor Paul Daniels.