Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-10-2021, 05:17 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I have aspirations to get a bow and set a target area up. I think I will be switching the channel if the missus is watching and this news item comes on.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 15-10-2021, 05:51 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Norway have pretty slack gun laws compared to the UK and other parts of Europe which makes his weapon choice strange

They also have pretty slack prison sentences, hopefully this scum bag is never released.
I was listening to a radio programme after Brevik was sentenced for his foul deed. It seems if I remember correctly that a maximum sentence means what it says in Norway. So if Brevik got 20 years it means he will be out in 20 years. So I suppose the same will happen to this bloke.
Old 15-10-2021, 06:36 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Norway have pretty slack gun laws compared to the UK and other parts of Europe which makes his weapon choice strange.
Particularly as the town it took place in is the home to Norwayís super hi tech precision missile industry.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-10-2021, 06:38 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
I was listening to a radio programme after Brevik was sentenced for his foul deed. It seems if I remember correctly that a maximum sentence means what it says in Norway. So if Brevik got 20 years it means he will be out in 20 years. So I suppose the same will happen to this bloke.
I didn't realise it was that low
Old 15-10-2021, 07:06 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I have aspirations to get a bow and set a target area up. I think I will be switching the channel if the missus is watching and this news item comes on.

You realise you are wrecking the dreams of some, re living with or marrying a latino!

As for this thread..... I cannot believe that terrorism, in one form or another has been part of my life now albeit at quite a considerable arms length for the best part of 6 decades.... but still a potential slight threat.

Sad innit!
Old 15-10-2021, 07:23 AM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's an odd interpretation to take from my post. And leads me to interpret that Brett may well have been correct. Which may or may not be a strange interpretation of your 'witty' 'throwaway' comment. Award yourself a gold star.

Considering the most famous case in Norway was a crazy Neo-Nazi and the news here was referencing that, it is not a crazy jump to make.

The nutters seem to come from either extreme side, fighting out their ideological battles by slaughtering innocents.
Apologies my comment was meant to be light-hearted and in no way a ďdigĒ at you. In hindsight not the best thread to make light hearted comments
, again apologies
Old 15-10-2021, 07:29 AM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
If you know how to use a bow, it's pretty effective. Kills better than some bullets and doesn't announce itself to everyone within half-a-mile. Won't be the last attack of this type, either. Another wonderful day in the world.
Unfortunately I agree. When I have visited the US, the readily available weaponary of this type, in places like Walmart, has always staggered me. I am surprised bows have not been used more.
Old 15-10-2021, 11:20 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Unfortunately I agree. When I have visited the US, the readily available weaponary of this type, in places like Walmart, has always staggered me. I am surprised bows have not been used more.
Itís because in many areas it is forbidden to hunt with guns but ok to hunt with bow and arrow.
Where I lived in CT was one such area. Heavily wooded but relatively heavily populated too. Infested with deer that have no natural predator that live side by side with the residents. Hunting them by rifle would be too dangerous to the local residents. Bow and arrow apparently is not.
And itís not really that surprising that this sort of weaponry is not used more by your intent-on-murder-yank when itís so damn easy to buy a far more effective and simple to use hand gun.
Old 15-10-2021, 01:21 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Where I lived in CT was one such area. Heavily wooded but relatively heavily populated too. Infested with deer that have no natural predator that live side by side with the residents.
You have coyotes in CT donít you?
Old 15-10-2021, 01:33 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Apologies my comment was meant to be light-hearted and in no way a ďdigĒ at you. In hindsight not the best thread to make light hearted comments
, again apologies
Thanks mate.

It is hard not to despise the extremists and nutcases from whatever side they come from.

If there was a way we could put them into a stadium and let them go at each other and stream it on Netflix, that would work. Why do they have to target innocents just wishing to live their lives. The definition or 'terrorism', I suppose.

All the people affected, the victims, the families, the friends. It's sickening.

Old 15-10-2021, 01:56 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
You have coyotes in CT donít you?
Indeed but not nearly enough to make any difference whatsoever to the deer pop.
It's a real problem. Aside from the 1st world problem of having your entire garden grazed to the ground, there is the way more important issue of woodland renewal. Any saplings are top of the deer menu (after pretty garden flowers).
Old 15-10-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Thanks mate.

It is hard not to despise the extremists and nutcases from whatever side they come from.

If there was a way we could put them into a stadium and let them go at each other and stream it on Netflix, that would work. Why do they have to target innocents just wishing to live their lives. The definition or 'terrorism', I suppose.

All the people affected, the victims, the families, the friends. It's sickening.
I agree, I always have the upmost sympathy for the families, as they are often forgotten and have to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives.
Again apologies
Old 15-10-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Itís because in many areas it is forbidden to hunt with guns but ok to hunt with bow and arrow.
Where I lived in CT was one such area. Heavily wooded but relatively heavily populated too. Infested with deer that have no natural predator that live side by side with the residents. Hunting them by rifle would be too dangerous to the local residents. Bow and arrow apparently is not.
And itís not really that surprising that this sort of weaponry is not used more by your intent-on-murder-yank when itís so damn easy to buy a far more effective and simple to use hand gun.
Thanks for the info I was not aware of this
Old 15-10-2021, 02:21 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Indeed but not nearly enough to make any difference whatsoever to the deer pop.
It's a real problem. Aside from the 1st world problem of having your entire garden grazed to the ground, there is the way more important issue of woodland renewal. Any saplings are top of the deer menu (after pretty garden flowers).
And traffic accidents. Deer love cars for some reason.
Old 15-10-2021, 02:33 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
He got the maximum sentence which is a minimum of 14 years, before any relaxation of conditions, and a sentence of 21 years. However, under the definition of preventative detention he can be detained after that, but only for periods of no more than 5 years at a time (however during those periods, the prisoner is eligible to apply for parole every 12 months).

Technically he could be released after 14 years, but it seems unlikely.

There is provision within that for indefinite incarceration provided the prisoner is considered a threat to public safety and cannot demonstrate they're not a danger to society. Which given he killed 76 people, even in a very liberal country like Norway is going to be quite easy, and very difficult, respectively.

Last edited by dogstar721; 15-10-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old 15-10-2021, 07:16 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Thanks dogstar, was about to post same.

I won't be in the least surprised if he will be always considered to be a "threat to public safety" thus dying in custody.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 15-10-2021, 09:26 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Thanks dogstar, was about to post same.

I won't be in the least surprised if he will be always considered to be a "threat to public safety" thus dying in custody.
Pretty much, like Ian Huntley, technically after 40 years he could be paroled, but it's not going to happen.
Old 15-10-2021, 11:02 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
He got the maximum sentence which is a minimum of 14 years, before any relaxation of conditions, and a sentence of 21 years. However, under the definition of preventative detention he can be detained after that, but only for periods of no more than 5 years at a time (however during those periods, the prisoner is eligible to apply for parole every 12 months).

There is provision within that for indefinite incarceration provided the prisoner is considered a threat to public safety and cannot demonstrate they're not a danger to society. Which given he killed 76 people, even in a very liberal country like Norway is going to be quite easy, and very difficult, respectively.
I get what you are saying there Dogstar and agree. The reason for saying what could happen under Norweigan law was that in the same interview the guy talking was saying that Norways last mass murderer was out and back in society. I have no idea how many this guy killed . But I would hope Brevik does not ever get to see the outside of a prison,
Old 16-10-2021, 04:49 AM

Quote:
I agree, I always have the upmost sympathy for the families, as they are often forgotten and have to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives.
Again apologies
Like all needless deaths, I doubt families and close friends can never live a happy life again. They would feel guilty at themselves for even attempting to enjoy anything.

When someone dies at Christmas or somesuch, how can you truly ever celebrate that occasion.

So many deaths by road accidents and drunk drivers here around national celebraciones...maybe up to 100 some years...how many people does that affect for life.

Old 16-10-2021, 06:49 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post

Breivik will never be released. He will be in preventive detention for the remainder of his life because he is showing no signs of not being totally out his mind still.

With regards to Norwegian gun laws that someone posted above, I've never seen a bow and arrow for sale here anywhere. Only registered hunters who've passed a hunting course can buy a shotgun or hunting rifle, but it has to kept in a designated locker at one's home, so there are no guns floating about inside. Handguns are practically banned. Where this guy got his crossbow is not known at the moment.