Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 14-07-2019, 09:34 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
I guess people said same about Roy Hodgson, who in my view anyway has done a good job with limited money. Mike Ashley may not be the perfect owner, but Maybe he wants someone who just does the job rather than spins everything for his own PR purposes. Everyone criticises Pardew, but he got Newcastle to fifth which is far more than Benitez ever did.

One thing you can guarantee is that Newcastle will be organised, so do not agree that anyone should underestimate them.
True, but with Benitez gone and with Ashley selling Newcastle's top scorer Ayoze Perez - they need to improve the team to survive.
Old 14-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I guess people said same about Roy Hodgson, who in my view anyway has done a good job with limited money. Mike Ashley may not be the perfect owner, but Maybe he wants someone who just does the job rather than spins everything for his own PR purposes. Everyone criticises Pardew, but he got Newcastle to fifth which is far more than Benitez ever did.

One thing you can guarantee is that Newcastle will be organised, so do not agree that anyone should underestimate them.
Hodgson took Fulham to the EL final and has it in him to coach attractive attacking football in 2019. He is nothing like Bruce.
Old 14-07-2019, 08:51 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Wednesday fans I know are going nuts.

I told them the fat fvck has form
Money wins every time with these characters, I wouldn’t mind but the bloke is already a millionaire

Try and take an old fashioned club like Sheff Wed to promotion and be remembered forever, or try and finish 14th with Newcastle and be despised from day one whatever you do

He’s a stop gap manager who takes the money, surely this will be his last top flight job
Old 14-07-2019, 08:59 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:

Don't get me wrong,I think Pardew did better at Newcastle than he is given credit for,but you can't compare the jobs that him and Benitez did from the league position they finished in.You have to look at the respective signings,players,budgets and situations they inherited.Pardew inherited a team on the up with a couple of brilliant additions from whoever was in charge of transfers at the time and added some attacking spark to an excellent side.

Benitez inherited an absolute shambles after a spending spree that went disastrously wrong.The team that he ended up with in the Championship wasn't good enough on paper to win it.I think they even lost their first few games that season.When he got up he had to make do with a couple of good bargains and a pretty terrible squad and managed to strangle a 10th place finish out of them.Benitez is clearly a better manager by every measure.
Old 15-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Bruce has resigned.
Let the geordie meltdown begin.
Old 15-07-2019, 11:24 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Lowest paid manager in the Prem, no wonder Big Sam turned it down.
Old 15-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Cabbage head is a complete scumbag
Old 15-07-2019, 11:43 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Does he take up the Newcastle job immediately or is he on holiday for a while. 2 month cruise, will be back in September.
Old 15-07-2019, 11:46 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
If Wednesday’s board have any sense they’ll snap up Chris Hughton soon as.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 15-07-2019, 12:08 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Sacked by Christmas, managing Sheffield Utd by January.
Old 15-07-2019, 12:16 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Does he take up the Newcastle job immediately or is he on holiday for a while. 2 month cruise, will be back in September.
You must spread etc.
Old 15-07-2019, 12:17 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
This guy's appointment is about the only piece of really good news so far this summer for C.P.F.C.
Old 15-07-2019, 01:38 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some managerial snippets from his career include :

Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday
Birmingham and Aston Villa
Sunderland and Newcastle (TBC)

That says a lot about the blokes honour, I can't imagine Newcastle fans are too pleased even if "he's one of their own".
Old 15-07-2019, 01:54 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
It’s being reported that Newcastle are paying £4m compensation to have Bruce.

Just read a Newcastle fans forum meltdown about this bizarre decision. Some even asking whether Ashley has done this deliberately to wind up the fans....get rid of Benitez, a fans favourite, and replace him (at great cost) with a man most of them dislike already.

If their season starts poorly, I anticipate there’ll be ugly scenes at St James, and I’m not just referring to Bruce’s face.
Old 15-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post
Some managerial snippets from his career include :

Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday
Birmingham and Aston Villa
Sunderland and Newcastle (TBC)

That says a lot about the blokes honour, I can't imagine Newcastle fans are too pleased even if "he's one of their own".
Let's not forget this is essentially the second time he has pulled this stunt to force a move to.

Who can forget the first after all
Old 15-07-2019, 02:04 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Let's not forget this is essentially the second time he has pulled this stunt to force a move to.

Who can forget the first after all
Imagine how we’d feel if we had also waited months to employ him first, allowing him time for some compassionate leave with his family?

Lost time that might have adversely effected the results of your club.

I could understand Bruce leaving if it was for Man Utd, but Newcastle is a horrible job under Ashley. Maybe they deserve each other?
Old 15-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
This is going to be a glorious watch.
Old 15-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Looking forward to Bruce continuing to question the loyalty of departing players without a hint of irony.

Something tells me that he's got some serious skeletons in his closet too. There's something that doesn't add up right about him. This is possibly my imagination after reading bizarre press stories about him getting beaten up foiling a car thief and stuff.
Old 15-07-2019, 02:19 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Looking forward to Bruce continuing to question the loyalty of departing players without a hint of irony.

Something tells me that he's got some serious skeletons in his closet too. There's something that doesn't add up right about him. This is possibly my imagination after reading bizarre press stories about him getting beaten up foiling a car thief and stuff.
Was saying the same to a mate at the weekend. Seemed to be permanently beaten up at one point.
Old 15-07-2019, 02:21 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Punchy wife?