Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 24-08-2000, 03:07 AM

The Woodjaman is playing for a contract
I'm a Bent fan

Everyone is saying we need a big, lanky striker and although Marcus Bent isn't the typical target man, I'm sure he could forge a very good partnership with Clinton and he would also give us some extra height up front.
I was very sad to see him go, as I felt that the Bent/Jansen partnership would have been very successful.
I reckon we may be able to pry him away from Sheff Utd, since he never wanted to leave Palace in the first place and Sheff Utd were certainly short of cash last season (don't know about now though).
Unfortunately Sheff Utd would be looking to get about 3 million for him,especially given that Coventry had to pay 6.75 million for Bellamy.

I think it would be worth making a move for him, even if we have to pay 3 million. He would solve our goalscoring problem and could well get 25 goals plus.
Old 24-08-2000, 04:09 AM
At The Drive-In, Enfilade

Location: Orpington. freight train coming, freight freight train coming........
Neil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Yes the title does worry me.

------------------
Oh look its Nelson Quiche' The Spanish U21 International.
Old 24-08-2000, 04:18 AM

spazjuce is playing for a contract
i agree 100%. the sale of marcus bent was another example of venables ineptitude in the transfer market. he scored some quality goals towards the end of the 98/99 season. goals at bolton and liverpool spring to mind. did venables know anything about the players he was flogging off? have any of our strikers since then shown anything like that ability? i liked svensson but would have had bent in the team above him.
Old 24-08-2000, 04:21 AM

SmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Only joking mate

------------------
Support Crystal Palace Internet Football Club
http://www.cpifc.co.uk
Support the Mellor Out campaign
http://www.mellorout.co.uk

Jordan - "We need to evolve"
Me - "This isnt f**king Pokemon you know!!"

Old 24-08-2000, 05:07 AM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bent is too highly-rated - if carl cort is worth 7 mill then Bent will be at least 5 mill - I reckon he will now be recognised as a top prospect
Old 24-08-2000, 05:12 AM

Ian of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I read an article about Sheff Utd players urging the club to drop their new away kit which they first wore at Preston last weekend because it makes them look gay. It's described as "camp gold" with lilac coloured trim and is appropriate for Marcus because of his surname.
Old 24-08-2000, 05:36 AM

SmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by The Woodjaman:

I'm a Bent fan.
******* poof!

------------------
Support Crystal Palace Internet Football Club
http://www.cpifc.co.uk
Support the Mellor Out campaign
http://www.mellorout.co.uk

Jordan - "We need to evolve"
Me - "This isnt f**king Pokemon you know!!"

Old 24-08-2000, 05:50 AM

The Woodjaman is playing for a contract
Well done Smith Eagle

I knew someone would spot it sooner or later.
Old 24-08-2000, 07:05 AM

Location: Still hunting for a Cat Deeley lookalike in the Capital City of Caterham
le piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agreed Ian & top marks to the Sun for doing their worst kits ever & having the seaweeds pink away kit in there & even mentioning their sponsors nobo!!!! class!!!!!
Old 24-08-2000, 02:49 PM

BIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happening
Marcus Bent should never have been allowed to leave. He is a fantastic player, and I would love to see him back at the club. However, you are right that he qould probably cost at least 3m, and firstly I don't think that sort of money is available, and secondly we certainly shouldn't spend it on one player at the moment. Have we learnt nothing from the past couple of years? We don't suddenly have money to burn.

------------------
- Yay! -
Old 24-08-2000, 03:04 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
But Big letter! we do have just a little bit more money than we did for the last few years!!!!

Bent was very good and should never have been allowed to leave. I wonder how much we would indeed have to pay for him.
Old 25-08-2000, 04:36 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by spazjuce:
i agree 100%. the sale of marcus bent was another example of venables ineptitude in the transfer market. he scored some quality goals towards the end of the 98/99 season. goals at bolton and liverpool spring to mind. did venables know anything about the players he was flogging off? have any of our strikers since then shown anything like that ability? i liked svensson but would have had bent in the team above him.
Agreed he showed outstanding promise the season before.