Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 29-05-2001, 10:34 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve in Phoenix:
Ive never had more than one physio, didnt realise having more would help injuries. How many is a full quota? two? three?
three

Old 29-05-2001, 10:36 PM
Bloody Romans!

the_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
2 words- Mark Kerr.
Best player on the game.
Old 29-05-2001, 10:41 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks zonin2000
Old 29-05-2001, 10:53 PM
Tony Folan's Right Boot

Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Quote:
Originally posted by the_next_matt_jansen:
2 words- Mark Kerr.
Best player on the game.
hmmm, i have him for my sheff wed team, he's good, but doesn't get in the midfield ahead of Alan Quinn, Byron Bubb and Tonton Zola Mokouko...

------------------
Stevie Coppell's Red and White Army :-)
To view the link you have to Register or Login is our messageboard, v.similar to yours!

To view the link you have to Register or Login is our protest website, please visit and peruse, and don't forget, NO TO WOKING!

i'm on MSN (and to a lesser extent, AOL, username casey342) at kc671@hotmail.com, add me if u want :-)
Old 29-05-2001, 11:19 PM
morale officer

Joe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you're lookin for a decent coach get David Moyes from Preston who is still listed as a player/coach. You only pay about 70k for him. You can do the same for Les Sealeyand Andy Hessenthaler who are both decent.

Old 30-05-2001, 01:05 AM

Neilski is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallowed Turf Of Selhurst:
One question, How on earth do you find free players?

Go to player search, click on filters and shortlist players who are interested and whose contract is expirering, six months before their contract ends `approach to sign` should apear next to `approach to buy` click on approach to sign and if accepted the player will join you for nothing when his contract ends

For players under 22 you still have to pay their transfer value

Old 30-05-2001, 04:48 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Championship Manager: A beginner's plea for help

Amongst previous advice, Zonin kindly suggested downloading Mark Vaughan's Hints & Tips. These were of some use to a beginner, but they do seem to assume quite a lot of knowledge too. He did mention that Northampton had a patient Chairman, so as they are also my most local club, I decided to manage them. Well, I am currently bottom of division 2, and I need some help from those who understand these things

1. Coaches/scouts: Other clubs keep taking mine. Why? When I try and replace them, I have no success. Roy Evans keeps refusing even though he's unemployed. Other clubs coaches/scouts refject my approaches (even non-league coaches who are earning far less money). It was suggested I hire Richard Stacey or Bob Clayton, but I can't even find them.

2. Players: People kindly supplied list of ones worth buying on another thread, but I can't find any of them. What am I doing wrong? I sent my scouts to Sweden as suggested. However, every time I like a player the club agrees, but the player rejects as he "wants to review his position at the end of the season". This has happened about 8 times

3. Physios: I have lots of injured players. Is that because I only have 1 physio? If so, how do I get another?

Any advice on the above would be gratefully received. Incidentally, there appears to be well above the number of goals per match (most of them, I confess, in my end!) Is this normal?

Old 30-05-2001, 12:48 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Thanks for all the advice, guys. It's really appreciated. Particularly Zonin - you're spot on mate, I had been using the "Player & Staff Search" and will try the other method tonight (but not the cheaty method!)

I wonder if I might ask another query which I suspect many newies might be curious about. If you haven't got a strong team (and I certainly haven't) so can't just rely on the ability of your defenders, are there techniques you can use to help you retain a lead. Let's say there's half an hour to go, and you've just gone 2-1 up, do any of these things have an affect, or do they make no difference?

1. Bringing on a defender for a forward (as per advice on the website, I usually play 4-1-3-2)

2. Bringing on a midfield player for a forward

3. Changing the mentality to "defensive"

4. Changing to "Counter attack"

5. "Presssing"

6. Choosing the option to "keep players behind the ball"

7. Bringing, say, 9 players back for every corner

My only disappointment with the "realism" of the game at present is the high number of goals that are scored. I've only played about 10 matches, and have had 3 three all draws, 3 three-two results, and a minimum of three goals in the rest. Is this common?
Old 30-05-2001, 01:27 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im sure they have an effect but its not good to play them out of position.. ie midfielder upfront or a defender in midfield. I also dont like Counter Attack as that gives the initiative to the other team but my defense is poor so Im not one to talk right now.
Old 30-05-2001, 02:28 PM

Ian of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Hart:

5. "Presssing"

6. Choosing the option to "keep players behind the ball"

The last time I played "men behind the ball" I was managing a lowly Conference side in CM 99/00 and we played Rusden and Diamonds who were top of the League and scoring for fun. I was so **** scared of them scoring and for the first 20 minutes it was OK, then my centre forward put the ball into the back of the net, trouble was he forgot what end he was shooting at and scored an own goal. Two minutes later they scored another. Therefore I don't recommend the "men behind the ball" tactic.

Also use "pressing" with caution as it means your players will tire out very quickly. I tend to turn it on about 20 minutes into a game sometimes and turn it off well before half time, then turn it on again about 15 minutes from the end depending on the score.

Having said all that I'm no expert as I've only managed two sides outside the Conference since the first version of CM3 - Peterborough and Northampton, oh yes I did manage to get a Conference side out of that division once.... the wrong way unfortunately.
Old 30-05-2001, 05:13 PM
Tony Folan's Right Boot

Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
right...

generally, if i'm ahead, or indeed playing matches against teams better than me away from home, i'll play defensive, with counter attack on (i always have pressing on, tho as sadi above, it does tire your men out!).... then with 5 minutes to go, if i'm desperate to hold on, i put men behind ball on, and swicth to long ball..... i wouldn't recommend men behind the ball for long periods, cos u get slaughtered... i generally don't change my formation around too much, just cos it can confuse your players a little!

good luck!

------------------
Stevie Coppell's Red and White Army :-)
To view the link you have to Register or Login is our messageboard, v.similar to yours!

To view the link you have to Register or Login is our protest website, please visit and peruse, and don't forget, NO TO WOKING!

i'm on MSN (and to a lesser extent, AOL, username casey342) at kc671@hotmail.com, add me if u want :-)
Old 01-06-2001, 12:30 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Why start a new thread when I've got a perfectly good opne going already! Perhaps this one can continue to be used for very basic (inane?) queries from beginners like me?

Anyway, I have another guys, for which I'd be grateful for the views of the experienced players. In deciding how well your players are individually doing, how much weight do you put on their marks out of 10? It seems to me the often bear little relevance to what has gone on in a match. Some players don't get mentioned at all in the commentary, but have a highish score etc Or conversely, you look at the players stats after the match, and find a particular defender has seemingly done well, but has been given a low mark. Or am I missing something?
Old 02-06-2001, 02:43 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

And the answer is?????????????
Old 02-06-2001, 03:43 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thes games are good, but you always seem to win everything after a few seasons!
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 02-06-2001, 08:27 PM
Lone Coyote

I think the most important part is the Key Tackles / Passes made as well as their % tackles and passes rather than the number of tackles / passes they did. A defender can make 40 non-key tackles.. miss 3 out of 3 key tackles and get a 5

shouldnt this topic be moved to the shiny new CM forum ?
Old 04-06-2001, 12:50 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Steve, (or anyone)

Is it sensible to just ignore the marks out of 10, in that case?
Old 04-06-2001, 01:51 PM
Tony Folan's Right Boot

i generally pay a lot of attention to the marks out of 10, i.e making a sub on 70 mins to change the game, i'll take my lowest scoring player off, and if i'm having a bad run, the player with the lowest average will normally be the first to be shown the subs bench
Old 06-06-2001, 07:49 PM
Because we want to...

Philr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weed
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Hart
Why start a new thread when I've got a perfectly good opne going already! Perhaps this one can continue to be used for very basic (inane?) queries from beginners like me?

Anyway, I have another guys, for which I'd be grateful for the views of the experienced players. In deciding how well your players are individually doing, how much weight do you put on their marks out of 10? It seems to me the often bear little relevance to what has gone on in a match. Some players don't get mentioned at all in the commentary, but have a highish score etc Or conversely, you look at the players stats after the match, and find a particular defender has seemingly done well, but has been given a low mark. Or am I missing something?
Mate just choose something to go with and stick on it. im not the best cm2 player in the world but i look at
1 stats
2 av. rating
3 value

YOu should be able to get a decent player like that