Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-06-2001, 04:27 PM

SYorksEagle is playing for a contract
Rubbish at CM?

Am I the only person in the world who is totally awful as Palace manager in CM 00/01? I never manage promotion, and always manage to get knocked out of the league cup int he first round.
What is everyone's secret then?? I don't have patients with buggering about with training programmes etc.... Who do you all appoint as coaches as well??
Old 01-06-2001, 04:29 PM
I was cured all right!

freebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human racefreebird wants to be part of the human race
Sounds scarily like real life.
Old 01-06-2001, 04:42 PM
Set em Up, Slam em Down!

CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted
You've kinda answered your own question!! If you don't have time for tactics then you will never succeed! You are obviously the Kevin Keegan of CM!!

It is possible to do well with Palace. I took them over in 03/04, took them straight to the Premier and then missed out on the Champions League on goal difference to Man Utd!! I'm in the semis of the UEFA cup now and about 8th in the league.
Old 01-06-2001, 08:05 PM

SYorksEagle is playing for a contract
Don;t mind the tactics and stuff, as all the other verions I managed to win everything with Palace. I just don't have patiets with unecessary bits such as coaching and all that tedious stuff - that's what coaches are for. the entirepoint of CM is to manage, not to muck about with technical stuff.... Also, the scouts in CM2 were a lot better, although thebest version has to be the one where you can buy as many forign players as you wanted......
Old 02-06-2001, 07:29 AM
Tony Folan's Right Boot

Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Dan the Bee has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Quote:
Originally posted by SYorksEagle
Don;t mind the tactics and stuff, as all the other verions I managed to win everything with Palace. I just don't have patiets with unecessary bits such as coaching and all that tedious stuff - that's what coaches are for. the entirepoint of CM is to manage, not to muck about with technical stuff.... Also, the scouts in CM2 were a lot better, although thebest version has to be the one where you can buy as many forign players as you wanted......
so the whole "management simulation" thing just kinda bypasses you then
Old 02-06-2001, 07:51 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Les Sealey and David Moyes are usually good coaches.. sign them as player-coaches/assistant managers and immedietely renegotiate their contracts and maket hem just coaches/assistant managers.

Training is not that important in the grand scheme. Pick a default tactic or make your own. The important part is matching your players to the tactics and also whether the players complement each other.

What I miss is the ability to ask a scout what they thought of a potential signing without having to have him scout the player first.
Old 02-06-2001, 09:30 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Re: Rubbish at CM?

Quote:
Originally posted by SYorksEagle
Am I the only person in the world who is totally awful as Palace manager in CM 00/01?
Yes you are.
Old 02-06-2001, 12:57 PM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Once you set up the training it runs itself i.e. give each coach only two disciplines to work with. Look at their skills i.e. tactical knowledge = tactics, technique = skills and so on. Brian McClair makes a good assistant, try looking at some the Scouts as they have good skills. Invest in a coulple Physio's and no more than three scouts, watch out for the weekly cost!

When looking for players try looking in Scandinavia region. Also invest some money in the GoalKeeper and Defence. Best forward in the game is Jose Manuel Redonda and very cheap. Make sure all your players have the four basic skills Passing, Stamina, Teamwork and Pace. It also helps that if you buy foreign players they speak English! (Sounds silly but it works)

Last Tip Run a squad of about 25 players no more so that you have two players for each postion, three in GK position. Make sure of that 25 players a couple can play in a different positions than their own i.e Def/Def Mid/L/C.

Finally if you want a good tactic PM with your e-mail address and will send you the tactic that I have used. See Attached. Good luck!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cpfc.jpg (78.7 KB, 65 views)
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 02-06-2001, 04:54 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
How come you have Crystal Palace in Blue and Black "Inter" or "Club Brugge" colours? rather than the red and blue.
Old 02-06-2001, 06:37 PM
Thinking...

Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa
Cos me thinks he is cheating, like.

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
How come you have Crystal Palace in Blue and Black "Inter" or "Club Brugge" colours? rather than the red and blue.
Photoshop jobbie no doubt.
Old 02-06-2001, 06:39 PM
Thinking...

Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa
Also, I dont see the point in managing Palace.

You have quite high transfer funds and are only a division away from the top division.

The challenge for me is taking a lowly team to the top.

I took Yeovil to the 1st Division, mid-table mediocrity. Rushden and Diamonds similar, but they had massive funds, so no great achievement.

Also, managing your own team, you have set ideas about players, and they may not be the same as they are in real life.
Old 02-06-2001, 08:05 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Its not exactly easy in 99/00

18 million in debt. You cant buy anyone except those on a free and only with small wages. You're forced (by the board or yourself) to sell anyone who performs even slightly better than average, and sell them long before they go up in value. And you still dont have money to buy any replacements. Plus you're stuck with crap players on huge wages.. Austin on 5k, Smith on 8k etc.

Its realistic in terms of our situation then, but I think it has got to be the hardest club in the game to manage. I got fed up after awhile since we no longer were in that financial position (if we ever were). 18m in debt is also considerable. What can happen is you sell a player for 800 000 and within a month the debt is back to 18m because of interest payments on the debt, so its like you never gained anything.

I too like the challenge of taking a tiny club to the top and usually do that after having taken Palace there first. Its a lot more difficult than Palace, mainly because you have to sell your star players, you cant keep them satisfied.
Old 03-06-2001, 03:24 AM

Armchair Eagle is playing for a contract
Hi to all fellow cm-ers by the way. The cm 00-01 season was the first that I owned and spent lots of time exploring, making mistakes and sussing out the gameplay and ive found a few tips for any strugglers (I include myself 9 months ago in this!!!)
-most real-life tactics and strategies will work out fine eventually you just need to give your players time to adjust to a new system, so consistency is vital, not so much as the details of any given tactic, however it should as ive said be fairly realistic
-when buying players make sure you scout them a few times at first, as ive found that if you dont even the best looking of players can turn out crap
-i find that its best to try, injuries and suspensions and fitness permitting, to keep the same team week in week out, rather than opting for a squad rotation system, although if/when you get to play in the champions league you will need to do the exact opposite i find
-make sure uve got a decent enough backroom staff for the level you are at, and dont worry about training i just let the coaches get worry about that and they seem to manage fine
-always trawl the lower leagues, send a scout looking for youth players in the summer and also shop in scandinavia for bargains and dont panic buy, only spend money when its justified as if you do so it will lead your chairman (SJ or whoever) into thinking he should be getting a fast return

Im sure everyones got similar tips and there are plenty others but hope thats been some help. Incidentally ive managed to win the champs league twice by 2007 with the palace, and taken Dover Atheletic from Conference to 10th in Prem, although i got hacked off then cos the board wouldnt expand the stadium beyond 10000 so gave up!
Old 05-06-2001, 05:56 PM

THB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Re: Rubbish at CM?

Quote:
Originally posted by hughff

Yes you are.
No he's not - i too am crap - took palace down to div 2 in 2nd season (came straight back up and won the auto windscreens trophy) and it is now 2007 and i have never finished higher than 9th despite having morrison and Christie up front....

I play a 4132 formation. I am strangely beginning to enjoy the mediocrity of finishing mid table every season and the board love me........
Old 05-06-2001, 05:59 PM
Set em Up, Slam em Down!

CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted CM_Addicted
I just beat Roma with Palace in the Champions League 3rd round Qualifying!! 1-0 to Palace at Selhurst, 1-0 to Roma in Rome but Palace won the shoot-out!!
Old 06-06-2001, 05:51 PM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
In CM00/01 (random stats game) I've taken Blackpool to the Prem in 3 seasons thanks to back-to-back promotions. I'm doing abysmally now I'm there, but at least I had to take them up from the 3rd. Picking a Prem/1st Div team is no challenge!
Old 06-06-2001, 07:28 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa

The challenge for me is taking a lowly team to the top.

Rushden and Diamonds similar, but they had massive funds, so no great achievement.

Don't totally agree with this

I started the game before with Southport, played a season, finished 5th, strengthened the squad, but did worse at the start of the next season. Problem I had was no-one would join me, even on loan, and I kept on suffering from the most crippling injury crisis. At one point, I had 8 first-choice players out for more than 8 months, and couldn't replace them, as no-one would join. It just became pointless and frustrating, no achievement at all.

So I took up a challenge from my mate, we'd both play as Rushdens and see who did best. We both got to the Prem in consecutive seasons. Fair point, I did spend about 2m in the conference to guarantee promotion, but the players I bought, stayed in the team for at least the next 3 seasons - and some are still there now, such as my strikers, Neil Midgley, who cost 250,ooo and Ilias Saglamoglu, who cost me 40,000 in the conference. Midgley plays for England now, and is one of my best players. I didn't spend much in the following seasons - in my first Premiership season, I spent 150,000 and bought two players, one on a free.

Just see my thread called Jeepers Keepers to work out what's going wrong for me now.
Old 06-06-2001, 08:47 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
I can't believe i am going to say this, but i got bored with CM yesterday! I had been managing Spurs since November 10th and have played nearly 18 full seasons. All the original players have gone and it just got uninteresting

So i resigned my post as Spurs and England manager, deleted the game and restarted in the dutch league with FC Twente! Currently i am 8th, and drew 4-4 with Feyenoord in the opening game of the season. It's more of a challenge!
Old 06-06-2001, 08:59 PM
Because we want to...

Philr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weed
If you want to get decent cheap players for the new season, look for old players like rush and barnes to see if theyve retired yet. If they have, just do a search for Wales (Rush) and Central Strikers. You'll find him either on a free (with amazing stats!) or at aberqyhstemmcjebsbdbloach town in some minor welsh team. He wont still be called ian rush though mind!!!!!
Old 06-06-2001, 09:05 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear
Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
I can't believe i am going to say this, but i got bored with CM yesterday! I had been managing Spurs since November 10th and have played nearly 18 full seasons. All the original players have gone and it just got uninteresting

So i resigned my post as Spurs and England manager, deleted the game and restarted in the dutch league with FC Twente! Currently i am 8th, and drew 4-4 with Feyenoord in the opening game of the season. It's more of a challenge!
Perhaps the fact you have played 18 seasons since November might explain why you are bored with it

If I play it for more than 2 hours a day, it really wears me out, and gives me a headache. It's more intense than work, and I dream about players (not like that)if I play it for to long. I only playing it for an hour every few days.