Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-06-2001, 01:10 AM
Thinking...

Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa
GameBoy Advance

The Gameboy Advance is out next week, will any of you fine folks be buying it ?

I have seen one (a mate has a JAP import) and it is extremely impressive, its like a souped up SNES in your hands. Advance GT (gran turismo) is absolutely WICKED.

I shall be buying one with my first paypacket of the summer (assuming I can find some bugger to give me a job) - the most appealing feature to me being that you can buy a backup unit for about 100 from To view the link you have to Register or Login which allows you to back up games to the PC, and put them onto a Flash card that you can play with. Also you can download ROM`s and stick em on to the Flash card.

I havent even got one and already I have 42 games!!!!!
Old 18-06-2001, 01:56 AM
Not an alligator.

Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle Worthing Eagle
can't see the point to be honest. I can play any Snes or Megadrive game on my PC but I don't. So i don't see the point of paying 100+ to play 10 year old games which I can already get for free.

I don't really have a great desire to play games when I'm out, although useful for long journeys I can just listen to music instead.
Old 18-06-2001, 01:58 AM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Worthing Eagle
I don't really have a great desire to play games when I'm out, although useful for long journeys I can just listen to music instead.
Hmm, seeing as I have a few long drives to Liverpool in the near future, I just might go and get one. The car knows the way....
Old 18-06-2001, 02:31 AM

vas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Does anyone know if you can still play the old games on the new
gameboy. also can anyone recomend any games for this new machine.
Old 18-06-2001, 02:44 AM
Thinking...

The GBA can play Gameboy and Gameboy Colour games.

Worthing thanks for your insight. Its true that places to play it may be limited. I might have to think it over.

If I was buying now Id get Super Mario and F-Zero.

BUT... If you buy, I would consider a backup device because for the cost of 4 games you can use all of the ones available on the internet.

Hint. Use alt.binaries.emulators.gameboy or alt.binaries.emulators.gameboy.advance to get them.
Old 18-06-2001, 03:09 AM

vas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screenvas has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Thanks Jaffa,
was with you up to f-zero but then you lost me. still thank you for your time.
Old 18-06-2001, 03:14 AM
Right Honourable Member

slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time slowdog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Bloke I met the other weekend at a wedding worked on the chip used in the Gameboy Advance. Alright, he's a bit biased, but he says he was well impressed with it.

The only problem, he said, was that the screen isn't brilliant, in that it isn't backlit, which means that you have to be in good light to see the games properly. However, if you stand in good light, you get lots of reflection off the screen, obscuring your view. Bit of a catch-22 situation, really.
Old 18-06-2001, 03:21 AM

Diehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How much is it gonna cost? I have to buy my kids a Gameboy color after losing out in a game called...." I'll kick this mini rugby ball way up in the air, and if you catch dear 9 & 6 year old, I 'll buy you a Gameboy!!"
Maybe my timing was quite opportune!
Old 18-06-2001, 03:35 AM
Thinking...

If you shop around you can get it for about 90

Its miles better than the Gameboy Color.

Vas - Im sorry if I confused you. What I mean is you can buy Blank Cartridges and copy games to them. This means you can back up Rental games, or even download them from the Internet and save them. This obviously saves you heaps of cash.

Look on To view the link you have to Register or Login for these devices.
Old 18-06-2001, 04:07 AM

Thanks again jaffa
maybe someday you can help me to dodge some taxes too.
Old 18-06-2001, 04:26 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I've got a gameboy colour and the tennis and golf are really good for long journeys. I think you can put me in the Yes bracket if this advance is the business.