Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 14-07-2000, 03:10 AM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell on 07-11-2000 12:06 AM
Boy does that bring back memories of that wonderful youth side that we had at that time ! - but as you can see - Black can certainly put himself about at least, and I can remember him being an involved player as well.
Yep. Just as well as this is seventy five percent of the first team now. Just shows how far they have come in a short space of time. Maybe Goldberg was right when he said we had a golden future with that bunch of youngsters!!
Old 14-07-2000, 03:21 AM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I liked Forsell but he is not eaxactly what we need as he is too similar to McKenzie and Morrisson. Whelan would be the same problem really but at least he would offer the option of an extra winger some of the time.
Gallen must be a non starter - please. If he can't get in a crap side like QPR then why on earth would we want him here.

What we really need is a target man with a bit of ball control thrown in. If I could invent a time machine my first choice would be Mark Bright every time. In the meantime, we should look for a similar model.

Does anyone know if Adebole's signing with Las Oalmas is off permanently or is he going to have another medical. He might fit the bill if he is still available.

PS. If RN was willing to pay 500k for Black he really must be something special!!

Old 14-07-2000, 04:34 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle on 07-13-2000 10:47 PM
Edworthy? Do me a favour ...
Interesting choice of words Neil - not a fan of Marc then I take it ?

Old 14-07-2000, 04:55 AM

Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I really think Jason Roberts of Bristol Rovers would be a good partner for Clinton but again the only problem being is his value which Rovers want, 3 million is a lot pay for a second division striker, otherwise Ashley Ward or Nathan Blake which i mentioned yesterday would be good investments.
It will be interesting to see who these 5 or 6 other players will be?
Old 14-07-2000, 05:09 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
From various sources we have all heard that Coppell has somewhere between 3-6m to spend

Well now that 1m has gone he has 2-5m and apparently we can expect another 4 signings. Doing the math the lower end means 500k each the upper end allows 1.25m

How many players mentioned fit into that sort of price range. I agree that someone like Hayles could be good but he will cost 2.5m+. Shipperley would be a better bet at about 1m but coppell really doesn't have much money when you look at todays transfer prices.
Old 14-07-2000, 10:43 AM
Jordan The Devils spawn

Location: Legend to Apprentice and back again despite the odds
Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter Stephenson Soundbyter
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell on 07-14-2000 12:34 AM
Interesting choice of words Neil - not a fan of Marc then I take it ?

Depends on what kind of favour Neil is after doesn't it?

Old 14-07-2000, 12:30 PM
Dirty Docker

Dai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravityDai the Swansea Eagle has found the source of gravity
What about the out of contract Jamaican Walter Boyd? I got to see one game at the Vetch last season and Boyd shone in very heavy conditions - had some outrageous touches and tricks and seemed to be a couple of seconds ahead of all the others on the pitch. Perhaps playing at a higher level would see him become more useful.

Also he is a Class A loon (witness is sending off in minus 11 seconds last season....).
Old 14-07-2000, 05:40 PM
I've got a 5 year plan...

Spikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
The Croydon Guardian suggested we had bids in for Forsell and Steve Sedgely.

Re the money available.......it's all conjecture surely ? The 6m claim didn't emanate from the club.
And the Arsenal boys cost a down-payment of only 500K.... with the rest linked to appearances etc.
Old 15-07-2000, 09:17 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
I spent most of yesterday afternoon at Stamford Bridge, and the un-official feeling there was that Forsell will be going to Bolton on loan, Watch this space.
Old 16-07-2000, 01:50 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bolton have signed Ricketts from Wallsall. That's the end of their chances of promotion anyway.
Old 16-07-2000, 01:53 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Spike,

500k EACH as a down payment BOTH rising to 1m linked to appearences
Old 16-07-2000, 04:31 AM
I've got a 5 year plan...

Spikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
You sure Great Gonzo...?
I heard 500K the pair rising to 1m for both.
Old 16-07-2000, 04:44 AM

Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Spikemeister on 07-16-2000 12:31 AM
You sure Great Gonzo...?
I heard 500K the pair rising to 1m for both.
That's what i heard Spike.
It seems we payed 250,000 for both of them which obviously is 500,000 and will rise to 500,000 each depending on appearances which will make the combined fee of 1,000,000 for both of them together