Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 23-07-2000, 05:09 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Forsell to Charlton???

I've just read that Curbishley has hijacked Forsell for 2 million. Is this old news, maybe I missed something, has anyone anymore details?
Old 23-07-2000, 05:18 PM

El D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, I saw a brief mention of this in the Observer today, and that particular column is one that has been saying for the past couple of weeks that Forssell was on his way to Palace. There may therefore have been late developments. I suppose one key question is whether or not Chelsea are prepared to sell him: I thought they wanted to keep him but place him out on loan. If so, I have somewhere at the back of my mind that there is, or used to be, a "rule" (written or unwritten) that Premiership clubs should not loan to one another, though I am not sure about this. Or it could just be that 2 million has persuaded Chelsea to change their minds.

Or again, the story could be wrong!
Old 23-07-2000, 05:37 PM

Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
In the Observer/Guardian Football Unlimited section it says that Crystal Palace have agreed a season long loan deal with Chelsea for Finnish Striker Mikael Forssell.
Chelsea wil not sell him.
Old 23-07-2000, 06:06 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Why do people continually talk about this guy as if he was Maradona? He's not that good you know.
Old 23-07-2000, 06:16 PM

Kieron is playing for a contract
The Charlton story is in the News of the World as well. Or the People - I can't remember...
Says Forsell is going there for 2m.
Old 23-07-2000, 06:44 PM

Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieron on 07-23-2000 02:16 PM
The Charlton story is in the News of the World as well. Or the People - I can't remember...
Says Forsell is going there for 2m.
I got both these papers today and there wasn't anything in there about Forssell so we must have got different editions.
Anyway, i think it's obvious Chelsea will not sell him, loaning him is only the option and in the Premier League you can't loan players from each other so i think it could be time to start saying welcome back Forssell, i hope so anyway.
Old 23-07-2000, 06:50 PM

Kieron is playing for a contract
maybe it was the Sunday Mirror then - it was definitely in one of them!
Old 23-07-2000, 08:36 PM

Burr is playing for a contract
I agree with Brett on this one - Forssell wasn't that amazing for us. After a few games where he looked pretty useful, he had a very poor spell. The fact that he finally got some goals didn't change the fact that Morrisson was looking the better player between the two.

Don't get me wrong, Forssell has a lot of potential and I would welcome a move for him (at the right price), but he isn't the GOD that a lot of people seem to believe.

[This message has been edited by Burr (edited 23 July 2000).]
Old 23-07-2000, 11:12 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was a one-liner in the Sunday Mirror. Off to Charlton for 2 million. It wouldn't surprise me to see them hijack him although I'm not sure he's worth that much anyway.

We should keep completely quiet about any signings we're planning to make until they're done and dusted. There are loads of clubs out there having very little success buying players who have more pull and more money than us.

After the Crawley game (and even though we've got Morrison, Fan and Rodger to come back) we definitely need 2 or 3, maybe even 4 new players yet.
Old 23-07-2000, 11:35 PM

BIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happening
Forsell is a quality player, and has the potential to be much (and I mean MUCH) better than Morrison. However, I always remember Alan Smith saying that potential was fine but it meant you weren't at your best yet (he talked the talk, old Smithy), and Morrison is obviously getting to his best more quickly than Forsell is getting to his. The thing is, a lack of first team football is not going to help, and I honestly think that if we have him for a year we'll see what hes got to offer. And besides, when you look at the alternatives, hes got to be good business.
Old 24-07-2000, 05:04 PM

James Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames Verrinder sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
[quote]Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale on 07-24-2000 12:54 PM

funny how in amongst all these possible re-signings that everyone is obsessed with he doesn't get a mention, yet at the time of sale he was a mini-god!!!!!

Then he did that ridiculous dive infront of the Charlton "hordes" after they beat us. I think that we are able to get players of a much higher quality now anyway. He had a good little scoring streak but has done nothing since moving and was pants before that for us and Portsmouth.

Old 24-07-2000, 06:28 PM
The New Crystals Rock!!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer

Had to be Clowntown though didn't it?

------------------

Now we'll show 'em all the Premiership Palace for next season.
Old 24-07-2000, 06:57 PM

Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini Riccardo 'the cat'Parrini

Forsell is the type of player we need this season. Our squad really has to be improved (we need a squad rather than youth team players filling in), as the players who helped us survive last season will be Very hard pushed to do the same again.

I was thinking last night if I wanted Svensson back....don't get me wrong - he was on fire for ages last season, but I don't think Caravan Athletic will be pursuaded.

BRING BACK ASHLEY !!!!!!!!!!

Old 24-07-2000, 07:35 PM
The New Crystals Rock!!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer

They may want us to have him back since he's back to his best......... Breaking his bones.
Old 24-07-2000, 10:46 PM

colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0colin72 is walloping Brighton 5-0
I hope someone at chelsea has taught him to jump and head the ball before they send him back.We need a strong player to partner morrison...niall quinn maybe..
Old 25-07-2000, 03:17 AM

che111 is playing for a contract
A couple of things...

Firstly, I think Forsell did well for us last season, and if we could buy him then that would be brilliant. He was coming back from a nasty injury last year, and will only get better. Also, I think he was given unnecessary stick from some Palace supporters whilst with us. Some people think that when you are tall you should be great in the air and a good target man. Forsell wasnt this, his game was based much more on the deck, and to give him stick because of this is unfair. If we could sign him he would become a great player for us.

As for Matt Svensson, re-signing him would be a bad idea. At best for us he was an average player who had a purple patch. He is very ordinary, and if we did try to re-sign a target man, then Neil Shipperley would be a much better option (and I never particularly liked Shipps when he was with us either!)

Old 25-07-2000, 04:54 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
how about buying back 'super matty svensson' the loyal hard working free scoring swede whom we really didn't want to sell but were forced to..........by, erm, him wasn't it??

funny how in amongst all these possible re-signings that everyone is obsessed with he doesn't get a mention, yet at the time of sale he was a mini-god!!!!!