Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 03-08-2014, 11:19 AM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Banquet Records in Kingston

Don't really know how to start this thread as it's probably going to sound like a bit of an advert for Banquet, but I just wanted to see if anyone else was aware of the store and moreso the gigs they put on within Kingston, something that as far as I'm aware makes them a completely unique record store and certainly the best in South London (unfortunately on the wrong side).

In the past year or so I've managed to catch Frank Turner, The 1965 and Reel Big Fish all within Kingston, the latest being Reel Big Fish within the Rose Theatre last week. I must admit Reel Big Fish was a bit of a let down compared to their previous shows, unfortunately the Rose doesn't have much floor space which really does affect the ticket sales for the show. The floor selling out within days of going on sale, but the seating failing to get anywhere near selling out. However, not only are banquet very aware of the limitations of the shows they outline them in this blog post.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

For anyone interested they have some great shows coming up, unfortunately Royal Blood has now sold out, as they are probably one of the only bands that I have heard this year that are not only doing something a bit different, but actually making a name for themselves at the same time. But the likes of Charlie Simpson, Finch, Mayday Parade and Catfish and the Bottlemen are bands that in previous years you would of expected to launch their albums with HMV shows real support for a shop that seems to really care about music.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
If you read the gigs and reviews thread there is a lot of talk about Banquet.

I know the guys quite well and was there earlier. They've got some really cool stuff planned over the next few months.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:26 PM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saw Slow Club in store last week. Was excellent although they should make people who are above 6 ft stand near the back...

Go to New Slang quite a bit too. Seen Metronomy, Vampire Weekend, Babyshambles and more there. Although it was better when it was at Hippodrome!

Great record store- long may they continue.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Unfortunately Hippodrome were trying to mug them off. It wasn't an easy decision for them to move.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 PM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Unfortunately Hippodrome were trying to mug them off. It wasn't an easy decision for them to move.
Yup I heard about this!

They've managed to get McLuskies sounding rather good though...
Old 03-08-2014, 08:23 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
Yup I heard about this!

They've managed to get McLuskies sounding rather good though...
Tell that to the guy from 65daysofstatic
Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Used to buy 95% of my vinyl from there back in the day! used to stock some real underground stuff and lots of promos as well. Great store

"People go to Brighton for various reasons. A holiday, a place to retire, a dirty weekend. You don't go there for football."
Old 03-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Tell that to the guy from 65daysofstatic
Didn't go to that.

But Metronomy sounded excellent.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:01 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
Didn't go to that.

But Metronomy sounded excellent.
I thought it was great but they spent the whole set complaining about everything.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:03 PM

McCluskys serves it's purpose. They know it's not perfect but not many more options which is why The Rose is an interesting opportunity.

A lot of bands enjoy New Slang because it is a very well run organisation but also gets band close and personal to the fans.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
yeah, I really enjoyed the Horrors with Ollie & Tomo.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:27 PM

I had mumps!!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:27 PM

I'm looking forward to see Eagulls with you in Brighton though...
Old 05-09-2014, 05:35 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I'm looking forward to see Eagulls with you in Brighton though...
Loved Eagulls at New Slang BTW. V much looking forward to Banquet's Masked Intruder and Plague Vendor shows over Sep/Oct.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:43 PM

gw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegw_eagle97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seeing Catfish and the Bottlemen at McClusky's next week, should be a laugh
Old 12-09-2014, 10:49 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw_eagle97 View Post
Seeing Catfish and the Bottlemen at McClusky's next week, should be a laugh
How was it? My fiancÚ manages them, so the lead singer is starting to develop an affection for Palace:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-09-2014, 11:00 AM

I’m wounded that I’m missing the Jamie T show.

They’ve got some really cool stuff coming up though, and the work they are doing to branch out of just doing New Slang shows could be fantastic.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:42 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Managed to get tickets to Jamie T, went along at 4.30 and virtually no que, came back about an hour later and there must of been at least 200-300 people. A mate said it was mentioned on XFM the other day so may be more than just the typical local gig. May have to limit it to two per person in the future though, I must admit I was very tempted to buy more than I needed and walk to the back for a profit.
Old 16-09-2014, 07:40 AM

They were in 2 minds how to do ticketing. The only time I've not been able to pull in a favour and rightly so if people wanted to queue for it. I couldn't have actually made it but was hoping to get a couple as a favour for a mate.

I also got the impression that the initial idea was not to host it at New Slang.

It was also on NME ask ell.
Old 17-11-2014, 11:32 AM

Frank Turner on sale this evening over the counter for Thursday night.