Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 16-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder why The Samoa game is a 1900 k/o?
Old 16-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
Watched France beat a very poor Australian side though the Wallabies almost snatched victory from the jaws of defeats in the final minute!
Franc ewere cruising it in the 1st half only to let Australia back into it (for the first time) at the end of the 1st half with the Australians scoring a converted try and a penalty.
France then controlled the 2nd half scoring a couple of penalties only to let Australia back into the game in the closing stages. Australia almost sneaked a win with a final break and some pressure near the French line, but the French just held on!
The Aussie scrum was totally outplayed by the French pack and their lineout play was dreadful too.
The French beat Fidji quite easily last week and played their best match for quite some time last night. Definitely one to look out for is winger Teddy Thomas who scored three tries against Fidji on his début last week and scored a great try last night. France's error over recent years is to have kept faith in Philippe Saint-André as coach who just hasn't got it for me despite his success at club level in England a few years ago. God knows how many players he's used over the years, but for the moment they seem to be going nowhere although last night's victory could be the start of something more interesting for them. The French are just so unpredictable!
Teddy Thomas. Now there's a French name if ever I've seen one
Old 16-11-2014, 04:30 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

I was pretty sure he was one of those Southern Hemisphere guys the French press have been moaning about recently. A couple of years living and playing in the country and you can pull on the national shirt! I'm not too comfortable with this (same problem with athletics IMO). Obviously this prevents young up-and-coming French players from coming through.
And Teddy Thomas is one of them!
So his real name must be Edouar(d) Thoma(s)!
Plus he looks far too good to be French!

Last edited by kabbott; 16-11-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 16-11-2014, 05:45 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
I'm at this one. Gonna be a messy day! Ill probably be a bit sheepish at Selhurst on Sunday
Old 17-11-2014, 11:25 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Aye, I bet Hartley (NZ), Paice (Aus), Ewers (Zim), Woldrom (NZ), Dickson (Ger), Barrit (RSA), Yarde (St Lucia) were laughing into their full engerlish breakfast covered with pwoper gravy when they saw the name Teddy Thomas on the French team sheet.

Vunipola (Aus) and Rokoduguni (Fiji) were held up in customs so weren't at breakfast that day.
Old 17-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
We were only 5 points down though. I think two penalties are a more likely source of the points required. Particularly as it's so hard to convert a try in the corner so you'd need another penalty anyway.
well in that example the kick was out of Fords range. Farrell would have gone for the posts though if he were still on..
Old 17-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
england have a few evening ko's at the wc. so its all about making sure the team and Twickenham has their preparation sorted for an evening game. The only time Twickers is ever used in the evenings is for concerts where the demographic and nature of the crowd is completely different (time spent at venue, mode of transport, beeriness) to the rugby lot. also its been a few years since there was a concert.
Old 17-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Make things happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Aye, I bet Hartley (NZ), Paice (Aus), Ewers (Zim), Woldrom (NZ), Dickson (Ger), Barrit (RSA), Yarde (St Lucia) were laughing into their full engerlish breakfast covered with pwoper gravy when they saw the name Teddy Thomas on the French team sheet.

Vunipola (Aus) and Rokoduguni (Fiji) were held up in customs so weren't at breakfast that day.
well as long as strauss (SA), Ah You (nz), white (nz), mccarthy (eng), diack (sa), heaslip (isr), marmion (eng) and payne (nz) had the same conversation over their morning potatoes we can all be happy
Old 17-11-2014, 11:59 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzy85 View Post
well as long as strauss (SA), Ah You (nz), white (nz), mccarthy (eng), diack (sa), heaslip (isr), marmion (eng) and payne (nz) had the same conversation over their morning potatoes we can all be happy
Sure, but Ireland is such a small country and rugby is rated number 3 or 4 (depending on how the egg chasers/soccerballers are getting on) in the most popular sports played there, so you'd expect such a small nation to try and sneak in some tourists (not to mention our large and famous disaspora).

It is the engerlish arrogance to such matters that gets on my spuds. I count 8 players in your list. I named 9 on yours. How many more rugby players are there in engerland? How many more clubs? How much more heritage in the game do you have?
Old 17-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I am not sure who is more English, Marlon Yarde or Selhurst Celtic. They both sound totally English.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-11-2014, 12:05 PM

Marlon Yarde. I suspect he has a british passport.

(I did not know that he went to Whitgift)
Old 17-11-2014, 12:54 PM

richardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichardbarlow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
England are not poor by any stretch of the imagination. They have just played the top two teams in the world, narrowly losing on both occasions though at times being outthought and outplayed. What they need to do is play for the full 80 minutes and not just give a 40 minute performance. Against South Africa they had the lion's share of possession but just lacked the imagination to benefit from this. At the present moment they seem to have come to a standstill in terms of progress under Lancaster, and whether he is the man to take them further remains to be seen. The forwards are strong in every facet of the game, it is the backs who are causing the problems with their lack of imagination and guile. At this moment in time Farrell is not worthy of the No 10 shirt, his out of hand kicking and general play is cause for concern and on many occasions is putting England on the back foot. The World Cup looms and we still haven't really sorted out the midfield, we are desperately lacking a creative fly half and Ford is long overdue a chance. England want to win every game especially when on home soil irrespective of the opposition however, the Autumn internationals should be used as a means to give those on the fringes a chance. I realise it seems I am pointing the finger at Farrell, but he is the weak spot at the moment and a change is required.
Old 17-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Make things happen

it also shows the pointlessness of linking place of birth to nationality. dickson and heaslip were both born abroad as their parents were serving abroad in the forces at that particular time - i doubt they feel any linkage to their country of birth.
Old 17-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Marlon Yarde. I suspect he has a british passport.

(I did not know that he went to Whitgift)
On Saturday one of my party said what's Cumnor House, and I responded it's a school near where I grew up where rich stupid people go. They then explained that's where Robshaw went to before he went to Millfield.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-11-2014, 01:38 PM

I did not know that either. Cumnor House wore maroon blazers from memory, but were hardly ever spotted on the mean streets of Purley/Waddon/Croydon.

I suspect they were chaffeur driven to and from school.
Old 17-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Cumnor House were our bitter local rivals at Downside. Beating them at any sport was a rare event which we would celebrate with piles of hot buttered crumpets, and lashings of ginger beer.
Old 17-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Rowntree (forwards) coach seems a great guy and a great coach.

I'm not sure about Farrell snr and particularly Mike Catt as attacking skills coach. Catt strikes me as one of the most arrogant people in the game.
Old 17-11-2014, 09:43 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Cumnor House were our bitter local rivals at Downside. Beating them at any sport was a rare event which we would celebrate with piles of hot buttered crumpets, and lashings of ginger beer.
I was at Downside too Who knew eh?
Old 18-11-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
I'm at this one. Gonna be a messy day! Ill probably be a bit sheepish at Selhurst on Sunday
I predict that you will be in bits. Boozing seems to be positively encouraged on my few trips to watch the egg chasing.

I could never get over the attitude of the stewards and the rozzer either. As you're stumbling along the road with a can of Guinness in your fist & blazing a fat one, they're smiling at you and directing you to where you need to go.

No baton charges, no barked threats, no "Get in the back of the van" like Withnail and I. All very strange.
Old 18-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Anyone ever driven to Twickenham on a match day? I'm taking kids on Saturday and it's a 7PM KO, so I'm hoping to get near enough to walk or possibly bus in.