Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Palacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He had a poor game, but I still feel more confident when he’s in goal compared with WH.
Old 28-02-2019, 10:34 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Don't forget Schuups involvement or lack of it in the first too. He was defensively poor all game so why Roy stuck him at LB only he can answer. PVA had been spotting Youngs runs all game, as soon as he goes off we get exposed.

On Guaita, he is not head and shoulders above Wayne, could have done better, his kicking is poor but then Roy gives him no-one to actually kick it to!
I agree with your point about Schlupp defensively as on many occassions he tends to "dose" off when marking, but in fairnes in his last few games has been very good and much improved in how he has linked the midfield and has scored much needed goals.
As for why he was switched to LB, i feel Roy viewed PVA as having an ineffective game and felt he needed the strength and running power of Kouyate in midfield, so to create that the logical choice at LB would be switching Schlupp the problem with the Young goal was Schlupp got drawn too far inside and left a huge area for Young to exploit who took his chance well, but only due to the space he was allowed.
As for Guiata, did i state he was head and shoulders above WH? he is work in progress and will get better in time once he forms a better understanding with his defenders, maybe next season we can work on him rolling the ball out more instead of just hoofing it upfield, but that is something our coaches will determine if it is to happen.
But in my opinion is a decent keeper and an upgrade.
Old 28-02-2019, 02:12 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
The Lukaku goal was strange and not just because of the awful defending. If Guaita had stayed on his line he would have saved it I think but that is a decision he had to make quickly so don't blame him at all. I don't think he was particularly at fault for the third although Hennessey has got stick for being beaten in the same way in the past when I didn't think he was at fault either.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 28-02-2019, 02:18 PM

BuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
The Lukaku goal was strange and not just because of the awful defending. If Guaita had stayed on his line he would have saved it I think but that is a decision he had to make quickly so don't blame him at all. I don't think he was particularly at fault for the third although Hennessey has got stick for being beaten in the same way in the past when I didn't think he was at fault either.
Are people really blaming him for the third one? Keepers get beaten from there all the time, if the ball is kept low and hard and it's hit in the right place, no one is saving it. He has to cover his near post otherwise yes I would blame him for getting beaten there but no keeper is covering all the goal.
Old 28-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
They are.
Agree with evvo, if he'd stayed on his line for the second, he would have been better off. The 3rd? - that's just Palace fans slagging off goalies, ignore it.
Old 28-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
The only difference I can think with any Hennessy ones I've been disappointed with are that they have gone between the post and himself, or like Brighton, more through his hands. Back across goal, smashed hard from 5 yards. a save is always more luck than ability IMO.

I can't remember Wayne getting stick for any of those types, so can't have seen it as a mistake personally.
Old 28-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
They are.
Agree with evvo, if he'd stayed on his line for the second, he would have been better off. The 3rd? - that's just Palace fans slagging off goalies, ignore it.
The second, in hindsight he has a better chance, but equally, Lukaku is rushed into taking the shot with him coming out, which at the distance he ends up away, could just as easily been a save.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:48 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I like Guiata and think he should keep the shirt but I don't think he is as good as some others seem to. Rightfully our number one but I don't think there is a huge gulf between him and Wayne. Think he got in wrong for Lukaku's second.

He probably needs a full season in goal to judge properly but I still think its a position we could improve. If you compare him to the likes of Fabianski, Foster and Heaton there are better mid-table PL keepers. Still a good signing, for a good price when we had very little to spend though.

I wonder if Pope will be happy to sit on Burnley's bench for another full season?
Old 01-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here

Where’s own goal at?
Old 01-03-2019, 12:15 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I've watched the goals back again -

first - no chance just a very good finish

second - a little slow to react and therefore in no mans land and beaten for height

he does crouch down like speroni as his main strength is as a shot stopper and although I am expecting he will make loads of good saves from low shots I wonder if we might also see more goals like speroni concedes - beaten over his head- due to him not being huge and his starting crouching position

third goal - there is covering your near post to avoid being beaten there and then there is standing right on it, he looks too far over to me and the shot was very fast but from a very sharp angle Young could see enough of the left hand side of the goal

ultimately at our level our goalkeepers aren't likely to be near perfect ie both amazing low shot stoppers and amazing high ball stoppers

I think many palace fans might have been more tolerant of Hennessy with his dealing with fast low shots if he had used his huge height better to command the box with high balls
Old 01-03-2019, 12:17 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I like Guiata and think he should keep the shirt but I don't think he is as good as some others seem to. Rightfully our number one but I don't think there is a huge gulf between him and Wayne. Think he got in wrong for Lukaku's second.

He probably needs a full season in goal to judge properly but I still think its a position we could improve. If you compare him to the likes of Fabianski, Foster and Heaton there are better mid-table PL keepers. Still a good signing, for a good price when we had very little to spend though.

I wonder if Pope will be happy to sit on Burnley's bench for another full season?
Refer to the post below you.

Pope in for Guaita... really?!
Old 01-03-2019, 12:21 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
I think many palace fans might have been more tolerant of Hennessy with his dealing with fast low shots if he had used his huge height better to command the box with high balls
That's a great point. I always found his work on high balls incredibly disappointing.

I like the Hen in one-on-ones. That Sky table is very illuminating - the Hen was doing well this season, as I think we all saw.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:33 PM

dhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
The second, in hindsight he has a better chance, but equally, Lukaku is rushed into taking the shot with him coming out, which at the distance he ends up away, could just as easily been a save.
Agree with this but some credit has to be given to Lukaku for the finish. Took it very early and not waiting for the ball to come down.

Guaita had split second to make a decision and feel he had to close down Lakaku with Jeff completely caught out

Would not put down as a keeping error.

Still number 1 at the moment.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:33 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Some old stats .... Please link the above ones..
Old 01-03-2019, 12:40 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
due to him not being huge and his starting crouching position
He is 6ft 3in, I'd say he's pretty big?!
Old 01-03-2019, 12:44 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Some old stats .... Please link the above ones..
These are from January, 2018?
Old 01-03-2019, 12:46 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think the Hennesseyites are clutching...
Old 01-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
So where's the other one's from ..... Just posted them with no link .... Fake news?
Old 01-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I think the Hennesseyites are clutching...
Ok big mouth ... You got a link?
Old 01-03-2019, 12:50 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Ok big mouth ... You got a link?

Listed as 1.90m on all of these which is 6'3".