Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 07-08-2000, 01:46 PM
I've got a 5 year plan...

Spikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Terry Phelan

One snippet not picked up on other threads (as far as I can see) was that, in his Open Day interview, Steve Kember suggested that something may happen with Terry Phelan this week.
Old 07-08-2000, 01:48 PM

Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa
If that "something" had anything to do with him coming back to Palace, that would be a result. He's getting on a bit, but would fill the left-back hole beautifully for a while.

#We want that Terry Phelan
#Ooo-ooh that Terry Phelan
#We want that Terry Phelan
#Bring him home home home, woo-oooh-ooh-oooh.

[This message has been edited by Mendosa (edited 07 August 2000).]
Old 07-08-2000, 01:58 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
definitely a good move - even if it's only short term - look at the difference he made last season... keep him until we can persuade one Ashley Cole to come back!!
Old 07-08-2000, 02:30 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
lightweight, Ashley Cole was the best Arsenal player on the pitch during the Amsterdam tournament on Saturday, he wont be going anywhere !
Old 07-08-2000, 03:22 PM
The New Crystals Rock!!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer

Oooh that Terry Phelan!!!

(Miss his shorts tucked up under this armpits....)

------------------

Pre-season means nothing. It's what happens in the new season that counts.
Old 07-08-2000, 03:42 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
He is of course very good friends with Ray 'Dicko' Houghton

Just a thought
Old 07-08-2000, 03:45 PM

Guvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGuvnor6 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
I'd rather have Dean Gordon myself but anyone (inc. me) to fill left back prob. at the moment would be fine Mr. Phelan will do!

------------------
I let my matchstick wife tell me what to do, I'm 26, thick as sh!t and play 4 man u?
Old 07-08-2000, 03:46 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave on 08-07-2000 11:42 AM
He is of course very good friends with Ray 'Dicko' Houghton
You mean just as you are Dave ?

Still think we could do better than Phelan - I'd be happy to see Terry in a Palace shirt again - but I feel we should go for someone a few years younger

Old 07-08-2000, 03:52 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell on 08-07-2000 11:46 AM
You mean just as you are Dave ?

Still think we could do better than Phelan - I'd be happy to see Terry in a Palace shirt again - but I feel we should go for someone a few years younger
Ray is one of the few people in this world that commands my instant respect and admiration.

Old 07-08-2000, 07:15 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
I seem to remember someone saying (can't remember who so don't know whether it was reliable) that Phelan would be interested in coming back. Certainly seem to remember at the time that he said he would have stayed had we been able to buy him.
Old 07-08-2000, 07:33 PM

arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by lightweight on 08-07-2000 12:29 PM
long term yes - but in the short term (i.e. sign him up sometime this week!) then why not?

for a start, he knows a lot of the team - having played with them before - anyone else that comes in won't have that advantage..
So are we still a club that thinks short term then ?

Palace should not be thinking that way anymore and should be acquiring players with a longer term future at the club and a re-sale value ...

Of course that doesn't mean we shouldn't look for players that are older - Ruddock for his age and on a minimal fee is an excellent signing - but you can bet that Fulham would want at least 500k for Terry.

Any player can get used to playing with teammates very quickly anyway - look at how Gray has linked up well with Forssell in at least two of the pre-season matches so far as an example.

Old 07-08-2000, 08:54 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell on 08-07-2000 03:33 PM
Any player can get used to playing with teammates very quickly anyway - look at how Gray has linked up well with Forssell in at least two of the pre-season matches so far as an example.
Yeah, they've absolutely been banging them in at will haven't they !!!??!

Old 07-08-2000, 09:07 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace were a better team with Phelan in the side, just as they were with COle at left back. I can see the point made about signing older players, but there is less than a week to kick off and we are severley lacking in that position. Remeber, we don't haved much choice, I think you will all remmeber that the most talked about failing in the England team at Euro 2000 is the lack of quality left sided players. Ashley, unfortunatly, will be an arsenal regular by the end of this season. I say snap up Phelan ASAP
Old 07-08-2000, 09:24 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

agree with you totally East End.

We already have a very young side - adding Gray, Black and Forssell has hardly added a huge wealth of age and experience - and I think it's been shown in the past that whilst a youthful side is good - you need some experience as well - linighan being player of the year speaks for itself...

I don't believe it's detrimental to look short term if it helps to give us a kick start - the new season is only 5 days away now, we lost out on the major part of the close season for new signings - after all it's only a month since Jordan took over - and less than a week since our new manager was installed.

My point about Phelan knowing the players - is illustrated by the obvious linking up between Gray and Black - any player that comes in towards the end of the week may well struggle in the side on Saturday as they won't have played with any of the others before - ok so after a couple of games they any professional footballer should fit in fine - but given the problems we've encountered pre-season and the fact that if we get completely thrashed for 2 or 3 games confidence will disappear completely then we need a couple of decent results sooner rather than later.
Old 07-08-2000, 10:27 PM

SE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSE .Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
SJ was not critical of Leon on Sunday ( conversation in Old Stand) he felt that injury free he was a good third choice - so he will hardly be letting go for peanuts.
Old 07-08-2000, 10:29 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by SE .Kent on 08-07-2000 06:27 PM
SJ was not critical of Leon on Sunday ( conversation in Old Stand) he felt that injury free he was a good third choice - so he will hardly be letting go for peanuts.
Damn.
Old 08-08-2000, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lightweight on 08-07-2000 05:24 PM
I think it's been shown in the past that whilst a youthful side is good - you need some experience as well - linighan being player of the year speaks for itself...

any player that comes in towards the end of the week may well struggle in the side on Saturday as they won't have played with any of the others before
Of course signing experienced players IS important and I have said myself that we should be doing that now having already signed some young players recently.

However I feel we should be looking for players in their late 20's now to balance
things out - I've already suggested on several other threads left sided players that could do a job for us so I won't go into that again.

As for Saturday - well we already have a good left sided player who is quite able to play in a 4-4-2 formation, in David Woozley.

Old 08-08-2000, 02:34 AM
a watcher not a talker

mikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesmikestock is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyes
i think we might have to accept a few short term sigings this year, our squad is so weak, we can't hang around for the right player, we just need to sign someone who will do a good job for a while and who is available for the right price.

personally i'd be suprised if fulham let phelan go and i still think the man we should look at at left back is Paul Powell of oxford
Old 08-08-2000, 04:29 AM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

Quote:
Originally posted by arussell on 08-07-2000 11:46 AM

long term yes - but in the short term (i.e. sign him up sometime this week!) then why not?

for a start, he knows a lot of the team - having played with them before - anyone else that comes in won't have that advantage..

Old 08-08-2000, 04:37 AM

Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I spoke to Smith at the end of the day and i was asking him about Phelan.
Without him giving too much away he did say he didn't think Fulham would let him go but he will have to see what happens.
He does like Phelan he said, feels he's very quick for his age, good tackler and crosser of the ball and something that we've been missing at left back and he certainly would be interested if he was available as he knows Terry very well from when he was at Fulham but he said he would just have to wait and see if Phelan was available.