Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 22-08-2004, 05:15 PM

Plugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Paula Radcliffe.

Can't finish first second or third, oh well, i'll give up.

Great attitude

Maybe two games are the same under Iain Dowie?
Old 22-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh piss off you idiot.
Old 22-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Where am i

Ollie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I really felt sorry for her, she was clearly cut to pieces and inconsolable.
Old 22-08-2004, 05:27 PM

Hypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
The Japanese anti-fashion competitor NoGucci has won it.
Old 22-08-2004, 05:31 PM

Plugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Athens 2004.

The saying goes:

"In the true spirit of the games"

Barely Eric The Eel is she!

Maybe two games are the same under Iain Dowie?
Old 22-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Jeezuz ... hadn't realised they were expected to run up so many hills. You have to feel sorry for Paula Radcliffe, the weight of the nation's expectations on your shoulders, especially some of the eejits on the BBC, notably the non athletes Irvine and Baldy, who took it for granted she would win.

Well done to the Japanese runner who had bottle to attack on the incline steeper than a ski slope.
Old 22-08-2004, 05:33 PM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Athens 2004.

Quote:
Originally posted by Plugster
The saying goes:

"In the true spirit of the games"

Barely Eric The Eel is she!
You really are a complete and utter twat
Old 22-08-2004, 05:34 PM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Paula Radcliffe.

Quote:

Great attitude
come back and say that after you've just run 36km up hill in the heat.

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
did that African woman or her husband who ran with her all the way win a medal?

selhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Paula Radcliffe.

Quote:

Great attitude

What a prick you are.
Old 22-08-2004, 05:39 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
sorry....obviously we don't know the facts but why should the poster get so much abuse ? Sounds a bit like 'athletics snobbery'. However injured she is (unless heart attack status etc) I'm sure she'd get more plaudits if she walked the last bit. Like it or not she's going to get a shoeing from the media.............
Old 22-08-2004, 05:40 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Paula Radcliffe isn't used to competing, to be at 35km and be in 3rd place was alien to her. She was so focused on getting a medal, that when she slipped into 4th she stopped because she knew a medal was out of her grasp and was so focused on finishing 1st that she didn't know how to cope.

I s'pose running 35km is a bit emotional in itself.
Old 22-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Lough Derg

palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud
I really fill sorry for paula,Thought she had the greatest chance to clam gold.think she may consider about her furture now..
Old 22-08-2004, 05:47 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember it's a marathon, not a sprint
Old 22-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
That was a brutal course. I'm sure when the official times are posted there will be quite a few athletes who dropped out. When she dropped back to 4th spot she looked totally spent and I think she lost it mentally. She had given everything and simply had nothing left. It was heartbreaking to watch.
Old 22-08-2004, 06:06 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana
Paula Radcliffe isn't used to competing, to be at 35km and be in 3rd place was alien to her. She was so focused on getting a medal, that when she slipped into 4th she stopped because she knew a medal was out of her grasp and was so focused on finishing 1st that she didn't know how to cope.

I s'pose running 35km is a bit emotional in itself.
........I thought some of the commentary was a bit off....."this isn't a test of whose the best marathon runner, rather who can cope with the conditions best..", "...I suppose we have to give credit to xxx.....". Obviously I'm in no position to criticise and I think everyone agrees she is one of our best athletes...lets just hope she didn't really give up because the medal chance had gone
Old 22-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Its hard.

The girl has spent years working towards the olympic marathon gold medal. Years and years of hard graft and physical torment provided her with what she thought was good preperation.

Then when she went 4th, I guess it dawned on her that she really could never compete for it. It was a realisation that she couldn't be the athlete that she and others wanted her to be.
Old 22-08-2004, 06:16 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by LeeH
did that African woman or her husband who ran with her all the way win a medal?
It was unfair (and obviously against the rules) for him to join her on the course at one stage, and I'm pleased that an official stepped in to get him off the road. But I remember Paula Radcliffe ran with two male pacemakers at the London Marathon in 2003, and I thought that was unfair too.
Old 22-08-2004, 06:25 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has to be a wind-up - no-one can be that much of a pr@
Old 22-08-2004, 06:37 PM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It looks as if training in Athens paid off for the
Japanese winner. Shouldn't Paula have been
advised to have done likewise in view of the
extreme climate and difficult nature of the
course? Have the greatest sympathy for
her because of her selfless dedication and
all the punishing training she put in to win
an Olympic Gold for Britain. Also don't think
she was greatly helped by all the "over-the-
top media hype, especially by the BBC who
for months raised expectations that she was
our only gold medal "certainty" in athletics.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 22-08-2004 at 06:41 PM.