Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 02-09-2021, 08:15 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Is it still worth investing now? I've read some people speculating it may hit $80-100,000 this year.
Sure, you are investing in literally nothing, and causing sky high prices on GPU's and all the CO2 emissions from all the mining, and it's a 'currency' that isn't backed up, it keeps getting hacked and stolen, and key trading hubs like Coinbase are under investigation. But aside all that it's a great investment.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:28 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicmo View Post
Governments will try and bring the industry to heal so they can tax it which is probably fair enough. I'm personally 30% BTC, 20% ETH, 25% ADA and 25% misc. You see some wild claims about where it's going to go to but I try not to listen as there's some very odd people involved in BTC. Ultimately it will go up and down wildly as it is a commodity (just happens to be digital). Fortunately it seems to be up when a lot of my stocks are down and vice versa so it tends to smooth out my portfolio which is useful. I also hold it as a hedge against the ridiculous amount of money being printed by central banks and the inflation that will bring over the coming years.
Think you already have to pay capital gains tax on profit in tve UK
Old 02-09-2021, 08:33 AM

Vicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah I think that is true over £12k or whatever the threshold is. What I can see are taxes based on holding BTC probably dressed up as a green tax.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:35 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
SureÖ it's a great investment.
Good news. Iíll invest this afternoon.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:31 AM

fish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last night I made my first investment in crypto having read about Joe85's rumour of 80-100 estimate for bitcoin. But spread it based on Billyd's input and also did ETH and CARDONA.
It was a bit nerve wracking as the first credit card I tried doesnt allow spend on crypto. I used Coinbase.
Since read in message above that Coinbase being investigated so thats a bit of a worry and might limit the time i let this run.
But I have gone into this with open eyes seeing it as a gamble rather than a financial investment.
Will let you know how it goes.

Last edited by fish finger; 02-09-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:34 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Seems a bit fishy to me. Make no bones about it
Old 02-09-2021, 09:38 AM

Simple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimple&Stupid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Seems a bit fishy to me. Make no bones about it
And post 666
Old 02-09-2021, 09:44 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish finger View Post
Joe85 bigend1 Last night I made my first investment in crypro having read about Joe85's rumour of 80-100 estimate for bitcoin. But spread it based on bigend1's advice and alo did CAR amd ETH.
Cool. As long as you realised my main point was caution and not investing because of some random Internet ppl say so

Any predictions of future value are plucked out of the air. Human greed is powerful and will drive these values up and up.

However these are fickle things. Regulation is just one potential threat. A single tweet by someone like musk could see you lose every penny without warning. So many potential banana skins and if rhe market is freaked out the speed with which your money plummets is terrifying. Its 24 hours a day too so you could lose it all in your sleep.

Hopefully you make a bucket load in your sleep instead but know it can all go. Its gambling
Old 02-09-2021, 09:49 AM

fish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple&Stupid View Post
And post 666
Just spotted that.
Mine is a genuine punt. I took the investment from my Bet
365 account to fund this. So that shows how I think of crypto.
But to clarify. I am not holding anyone on here responsible for my investment decision nor advising anyone to invest any money in crypto.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Cool. As long as you realised my main point was caution and not investing because of some random Internet ppl say so

Any predictions of future value are plucked out of the air. Human greed is powerful and will drive these values up and up.

However these are fickle things. Regulation is just one potential threat. A single tweet by someone like musk could see you lose every penny without warning. So many potential banana skins and if rhe market is freaked out the speed with which your money plummets is terrifying. Its 24 hours a day too so you could lose it all in your sleep.

Hopefully you make a bucket load in your sleep instead but know it can all go. Its gambling
I heeded your words of caution. Thanks mate.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicmo View Post
Yeah I think that is true over £12k or whatever the threshold is. What I can see are taxes based on holding BTC probably dressed up as a green tax.
It's about as green as investing in Exxon
Old 02-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Since read in message above that Coinbase being investigated so thats a bit of a worry and might limit the time i let this run..
Tbf I can't recall if it was investigation literally, but they were in the news recently for something totally shitty. I know they got hacked very recently and people had their wallets emptied to the tune of hundreds of millions of quids.

The amount of hacking going on I suggest you get a hard wallet at the very least.

Good luck in buying thin air.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:28 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Doesn't Musk own a huge percentage of Doge? Like a majority of it? I heard that, and if so wouldn't it be him alone driving up the price and dropping it when he sold out?

EDIT: No, but he owns a lot, and there is rumour of a Doge "Whale" with over 28% of it 'worth' billions To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Spindle; 02-09-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:15 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
You can but BTc and ETH direct through PayPal, which is handy.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:46 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Really can’t see the attraction of NFT’s
Old 02-09-2021, 04:11 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Really canít see the attraction of NFTís
Money laundering.

Freedom to attribute an astronomical value to something of no intrinsic value, I expect.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:09 AM

Update on my first investment in crypto on 1/9/21. At +24 hours.
Bitcoin + 1.74%
Cardano +3.37%
ETH +1.15%
Old 04-09-2021, 09:29 AM

Update @ +48 hours.

Cardano +3.3%
Ethereum +4.3%
Bitcoin +3.3%

I bought via Coinbase. They charge a small commission. So I have not quite broke even yet.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:51 AM

You are going to shit yourself soon.

The drops can be spectacular and without warning. What goes up etc...
Old 04-09-2021, 09:52 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Update @ +48 hours.

Cardano +3.3%
Ethereum +4.3%
Bitcoin +3.3%

I bought via Coinbase. They charge a small commission. So I have not quite broke even yet.
What commission do they charge when you sell, as that will further eat into any profit.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)