Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 06-06-2020, 02:33 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
I was part of the mass pitch invasion at the end. It was nuts. The final minutes were played with hundreds of palace fans standing on the touchline and you could see the players desperately trying to keep the ball on the pitch so that they wouldn't have to take a thrown-in or corner. Then the whistle blew and all hell broke loose.
I ran on the pitch from the Arthur when Wrighty scored the third too. At that point there was a lot of confusion and you wasn’t sure if the ref had blown for full time as well.

When the final whistle did go for real I ran on the pitch again, but there must’ve been a divet in the ground and I rolled my ankle in the delirium. The adrenaline was so high I kind of shook it off for a bit but boy, did I feel it the next morning.

Ended up at the Crystals club that night celebrating, chatting and dancing with a few of the team that suddenly turned up. Was like some crazy surreal dream: Thomas, Salako, Barber, O’Reilly, Hopkin, Pembo.... They were all half cut like us all and was a tremendous and surreal night, celebrating with your heroes. My only regret is that Wright and Bright didn’t turn up. Apparently they’d headed off to party in London.

Thomas didn’t play that afternoon through injury, and I was chatting to him about it. He told me he’d had an operation near his groin and had a massive scar. Suddenly a big cheeky grin appeared on his face... ‘Do you wanna see it?’ he said. I started laughing cos I thought he was kidding me, but then in front of the whole bar he dropped his trousers and showed me his massive scar just above his Crown Jewels. . It was a very funny moment.

I woke up the next morning with the sore ankle and thought I’d dreamt the whole day.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 06-06-2020, 05:26 AM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Those pictures. What happened?
Old 06-06-2020, 06:19 AM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great .memories.
Remember going with little optimism compared with all the loud Blackburn fans on the train out of Victoria.
Watched it in the Whitehorse and never witnessed such nervousness amongst the crowd before Madden stepped up, but he was cool as a cucumber, as be was throughout that run from March that season.
Just remember pandemonium after Wrighty's winner....and a state of shock that we had finally won promotion again. Happy days.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:54 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
???

There is a ‘tragic’ tale about me and a camera that day or are you referring to something else?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 06-06-2020, 06:42 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
The longer highlights with the first leg included is far more watchable.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:15 PM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In the holmesdale those last 3 matches of the season at selhurst Birmingham Swindon Blackburn was probably the best run of home games ever