Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Littlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
When I was at uni (the first time) every bicycle in the city had to have a registration number painted on it which was registered with the police (see if you can guess which city I'm talking about). Anyone who did anything stupid could then be reported and collars felt. Of course you always get the odd joker using someone else's bike with or without permission but as a rule you had about ten million bikes and zero problems.
Bin Dipper Land?
Old 12-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Which bit of either

(a) - there is no such thing as road tax

or

(b) VED is based on emissions, so cyclists would pay 0

do you not understand?
In fairness he said they should pay some kind of road tax... The fact there is no such thing as road tax doesn't mean it can't be introduced!

I would be happy for cyclists to not have to pay... But very much believe some kind of system in which they can be held accountable for acting irresponsibly needs to happen.

I've seen way too many idiots for it to continue unchecked. Only the other day I had to swerve as two pulled accross me at a roundabout from the completely opposite lane they should have been in! I was on the far left lane of 3 and was indicating when they tried to shoot past the outside of me and across as I started turning...

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 12-09-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:10 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
When I was at uni (the first time) every bicycle in the city had to have a registration number painted on it which was registered with the police (see if you can guess which city I'm talking about). Anyone who did anything stupid could then be reported and collars felt. Of course you always get the odd joker using someone else's bike with or without permission but as a rule you had about ten million bikes and zero problems.
I was going to suggest Beijing, but then I read your final sentence and, as we all know, there are only 9 million bicycles in Beijing. That's a fact.
So we're looking for somewhere with even more bicycles than Beijing. Great quiz, by the way.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:11 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecaesar View Post
Bin Dipper Land?
Ten million bikes. That would mean every Scouser had at least 2 bikes. Oh yeah, is it Liverpool?
Old 12-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Ten million bikes. That would mean every Scouser had at least 2 bikes. Oh yeah, is it Liverpool?
As an aside Anfield has (or at least had in 2017) the best cycle parking of any Premier League ground - manned all game (and not on a "mind your bike, Mister?' basis).

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-09-2019, 12:24 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
OK, ten million is an egaggeration but suffice it to say that you can't move for the things. It's not Peking or Liverpool.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
As an aside Anfield has (or at least had in 2017) the best cycle parking of any Premier League ground - manned all game (and not on a "mind your bike, Mister?' basis).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
You have to login with a google account to see that picture.

Odd.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
OK, ten million is an egaggeration but suffice it to say that you can't move for the things.
FFS.

Halfords?
Old 12-09-2019, 01:01 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Loads in Cambridge.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
You have to login with a google account to see that picture.

Odd.
Oh. It's probably because I've linked it from my google photos. Anyway, it's a picture of some parked bikes.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Loads in Cambridge.
If this quiz actually turns out to be nothing more than a sly boast then chateauferret is gonna sound like a right punt.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anyway, it's a picture of some parked bikes.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
OK, ten million is an egaggeration but suffice it to say that you can't move for the things. It's not Peking or Liverpool.
Amsterdam?
Old 12-09-2019, 02:22 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
If this quiz actually turns out to be nothing more than a sly boast then chateauferret is gonna sound like a right punt.
Our youngest has just moved to Cambridge.
Should she take a bike to join in with the students & locals etc?
Old 12-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Borderline lunacy

Yes.