Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-01-2022, 07:25 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
How many Premier league goals have been scored where all eleven players in a team have been involved in the build up without an opposition player getting a touch, I wonder?
Where is the full video of the goal? On the extended highlights on Palace TV it showed 16 passes, starting with Butland and Luka didn't touch it in that video. Did he have a touch prior to that?
Old 17-01-2022, 07:39 PM
Pilgrim Eagle

Location: On the road that leads from Horsham Eagle to Dorking.Eagle
John from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Where is the full video of the goal? On the extended highlights on Palace TV it showed 16 passes, starting with Butland and Luka didn't touch it in that video. Did he have a touch prior to that?
Yes he touched it before that, as shown by Palace on Facebook:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-01-2022, 07:41 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Beare Green View Post
Yes he touched it before that, as shown by Palace on Facebook:
Thank you!
Old 17-01-2022, 09:46 PM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
This. Was the best I've seen

Correct. This was the best seen from a Palace team.
Old 17-01-2022, 09:57 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Richard Shaw scored a great team goal at Birmingham
Good shout, early in 93/94. After playing somewhat direct football in previous years, you could see the team were actively trying to play it on the ground a little more. Played it around at the back, Bowry picked it up in the middle played a forward pass, Williams did a reverse pass on to Shaw who slotted home.
Old 18-01-2022, 12:21 AM

headliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Friday night’s goal involved all 11 players, spread all over all pitch!!
Definitely the best palace team goal ever (since 1960 anyway!).
Old 18-01-2022, 06:13 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Any YouTube links of all these great goals mentioned?
Old 18-01-2022, 06:42 AM

SelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not near the same level as the other night or Anfield, however really liked this move against United, Delaney's assist was class.

At 00:52 - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-01-2022, 08:18 AM

Uncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice unbiased co-commentator!
Old 18-01-2022, 08:23 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I'm tempted to say Jim Cannon's goal Vs Ipswich but I was only 7 at the time and can only properly remember the end bit!
Yhat was only about 3/4 passes by our players from an Ipswich corner to the back of their net. I was a great goal. But not really a team goal like Gallaghers last weekend.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 18-01-2022, 08:37 AM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember a game at Coventry under Dowie, we won 4-1 and one of the goals was outstanding, eventually scored by Ben Watson who was unmarked in front of goal after being set up by a move of what seemed like 10 or 12 passes. The only clip I could find does not include the full build up. A bit of an obscure choice, but for some reason it sticks in my memory as one of the best passing moves I've seen us score. Anyone else remember this?

Was a frustrating season, we had a great squad that showed glimpses of real quality, but too many poor results throughout the season culminating in a truly dire playoff failure.
Old 18-01-2022, 08:48 AM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levski View Post
I remember a game at Coventry under Dowie, we won 4-1 and one of the goals was outstanding, eventually scored by Ben Watson who was unmarked in front of goal after being set up by a move of what seemed like 10 or 12 passes. The only clip I could find does not include the full build up. A bit of an obscure choice, but for some reason it sticks in my memory as one of the best passing moves I've seen us score. Anyone else remember this?

Was a frustrating season, we had a great squad that showed glimpses of real quality, but too many poor results throughout the season culminating in a truly dire playoff failure.
Yeah, that was a cracker. One of Cov's first matches at the Ricoh I think? "We will rock you" played over the tannoy pre-match came back to haunt them.
Old 18-01-2022, 08:51 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yep was there that day. Tore them to pieces. Jon Macken even got in on the act IIRC?
Old 18-01-2022, 09:01 AM

ms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I still think the Leicester one was the best in the Premier League. I loved the way that team played. We had Benteke out for a long period that season and no recognised striker and played Wilf & Andros up top. The lack of an outlet did become problematic for us tactically at times, but it forced us to play some terrific stuff.

I know it doesn’t count but I’m sure there was also an "almost goal" against Arsenal that season that would’ve probably been the best team goal we’ve ever scored. Pretty sure it was Andros who missed the chance and should’ve scored.

(Edit: it was actually the season after: To view the link you have to Register or Login @ 12 seconds).

I used to say that 442 that was solid and compact out of possession but quick and intricate with the ball reminded me a bit of Leonardo Jardims Monaco from a few seasons before. Sadly it all went a bit downhill from there as we lost Cabaye & Loftus Cheek and all of a sudden Sakho was more often on holiday than playing.

Last edited by ms21; 18-01-2022 at 09:16 AM.
Old 18-01-2022, 09:57 AM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Appreciate all the team touching the ball against Brighton but it looked pretty ragged at times, with a couple of misplaced passes made good by recipients

Liverpool away really stands out as it was precise and direct, plus it was against the team that then were probably the best pressing team in the Prem if not Europe and the world at the time
Old 18-01-2022, 11:45 AM

aashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
Despite being very much second best, Iím struggling to think of a better goal, involving so many players, than ours last night.
Iíve rewatched it a couple of times - it really was simply outstanding (unlike the rest of our performance) and shows what we are capable of.
Great goal, elements of luck in with great skill.
Old 18-01-2022, 01:10 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Appreciate all the team touching the ball against Brighton but it looked pretty ragged at times, with a couple of misplaced passes made good by recipients

Liverpool away really stands out as it was precise and direct, plus it was against the team that then were probably the best pressing team in the Prem if not Europe and the world at the time
Yeah, I agree. The passing did look a bit scrappy at time and not fully under control.
Old 18-01-2022, 01:17 PM

headliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Yeah, I agree. The passing did look a bit scrappy at time and not fully under control.
It was also achieved against a strong press from Brighton, with several measured first time passes , conducted at speed.
Brilliant!!
Old 18-01-2022, 11:26 PM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Yhat was only about 3/4 passes by our players from an Ipswich corner to the back of their net. I was a great goal. But not really a team goal like Gallaghers last weekend.
Vince Hilaire got the ball from an Ipswich corner, set Mike Flanagan away down the left as Jim ran eighty or so yards to meet the dropping cross with an angled volley over keeper Cooper. Important as that goal took us to the top of Division One above United and Forest on goal difference/average.
Old 19-01-2022, 08:25 AM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yes I was thinking about this goal. You can see a bit of it here, we went on a good run at the Ricoh. They started to play music mid match on one occasion across the tannoy system to try and get their crowd going (what little there was of them).

Did Macken score that day?