Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:09 PM

Pierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeagle84 View Post
I know the HF divide opinions. There have been some bad experiences from the move across lower holmesdale and other isolated incidents that people are very quick to talk online about...I hope this thread could encourage a bit of positivity around the group - and wanted to start with a recent experience I had.

I dont see a huge amount of good press for the group. Btw I would not count myself as a HF so this isnt too biased a post I hope anyway. My son and I had season tickets in the area both in Block B and Block E. I have seen the best and the worst of palace fans over the years trust me, not just in with these lads...

I used to have a few quid. And every christmas I gave up my season tickets for free for someone that needed them - as well as paying for a kit for a young fan too each year. Now the tables have somewhat turned...These last couple years have ruined us financially. Proper country n western song sh*t, lost the house, business, cars and nearly my marriage too with all the stress....After asking my eldest boy what he wants for christmas he just said "All i want dad is to go watch palace again like we used to..."

(Needless to say my 12yo son and I cannot get to watch palace at all anymore as its definitely a "luxury"...)

So I reached out to the HF group on Facebook, knowing the "Twenty is plenty" campaign is adhered to among the group - this was my only way of justifying taking my boy back to selhurst again. As the club would want membership fees, tickets plus food then travel and IMAGINE I wanted to actually buy the kid a kit too?? Honestly all-in would have cost me min £150- £250 to take him to one match! WTF has happened to our club???

So the only way was to get a couple of tickets for £40 and drive up from woking! Not only did the offers for games come flying in, none of them wanted any money and all offered such kind words of support too.

Karma is a funny thing isnt it?
Just as long as your not both having to arrive dressed in black, taking a turn banging the drum or standing on the platform orchestrating chants I think it's a great story and credit to the HF-Enjoy the day!
Old 08-12-2021, 07:22 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Just as long as your not both having to arrive dressed in black, taking a turn banging the drum or standing on the platform orchestrating chants I think it's a great story and credit to the HF-Enjoy the day!
I would show respect by wearing black, would happily bash the drum but orchestrating chats would be like “ok gentlemen if I could have your attention for a moment and yes that does inclines you with the black cap on backwards good good now if we COULD, all together of course join in with the referee’s a Wanker it would be gratefully appreciated” don’t think I would be too good at that one.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 09-12-2021, 01:20 PM

Dave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeagle84 View Post
I know the HF divide opinions. There have been some bad experiences from the move across lower holmesdale and other isolated incidents that people are very quick to talk online about...I hope this thread could encourage a bit of positivity around the group - and wanted to start with a recent experience I had.

I dont see a huge amount of good press for the group. Btw I would not count myself as a HF so this isnt too biased a post I hope anyway. My son and I had season tickets in the area both in Block B and Block E. I have seen the best and the worst of palace fans over the years trust me, not just in with these lads...

I used to have a few quid. And every christmas I gave up my season tickets for free for someone that needed them - as well as paying for a kit for a young fan too each year. Now the tables have somewhat turned...These last couple years have ruined us financially. Proper country n western song sh*t, lost the house, business, cars and nearly my marriage too with all the stress....After asking my eldest boy what he wants for christmas he just said "All i want dad is to go watch palace again like we used to..."

(Needless to say my 12yo son and I cannot get to watch palace at all anymore as its definitely a "luxury"...)

So I reached out to the HF group on Facebook, knowing the "Twenty is plenty" campaign is adhered to among the group - this was my only way of justifying taking my boy back to selhurst again. As the club would want membership fees, tickets plus food then travel and IMAGINE I wanted to actually buy the kid a kit too?? Honestly all-in would have cost me min £150- £250 to take him to one match! WTF has happened to our club???

So the only way was to get a couple of tickets for £40 and drive up from woking! Not only did the offers for games come flying in, none of them wanted any money and all offered such kind words of support too.

Karma is a funny thing isnt it?
Hi please check your PM's. Dave
Old 12-12-2021, 06:44 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Hope you and your son had a great day
Old 12-12-2021, 07:11 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Buzzing you got to see this after your tough times. I hope you and your boy enjoyed it.

HF - you are a credit to this great club.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:16 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Yes, hope you had a great evening.

Maybe I’m not doing the Spurs game justice, but I thought that was the best home atmosphere of the season. Love Selhurst under the floodlights, can’t wait for Wednesday.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:49 PM

POSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePOSL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Loved the fireworks in the 16th minute to celebrate 16 years of HF!
Old 12-12-2021, 08:50 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by POSL View Post
Loved the fireworks in the 16th minute to celebrate 16 years of HF!
Ohhhh, was wondering what they symbolised.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:51 PM

desperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is here
Great non-stop support by the fans today to get us over the line

We need the same again on Wednesday night
It is five!
Old 12-12-2021, 09:05 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado View Post
Great non-stop support by the fans today to get us over the line

We need the same again on Wednesday night
Bugger didn’t see the fireworks. Brilliant effort by all though the noise was so loud on the stream. I sware they have to turn it down or it swamps the commentary!! Well done all great game

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-12-2021, 09:41 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Bugger didn’t see the fireworks. Brilliant effort by all though the noise was so loud on the stream. I sware they have to turn it down or it swamps the commentary!! Well done all great game
To view the link you have to Register or Login

milking it
Old 12-12-2021, 10:02 PM

pdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can’t figure out how to add a photo on here…needless to say this has been the best day we’ve had in a long long time. Some much needed father and son quality time away from the stresses of everyday life!

Having not been to Selhurst since 2019, this was a special treat. Even just getting on the train and reminiscing about all our previous highs and lows of watching palace - when the chips have been down for so long even the smallest things are such a pleasure.

We met with some of the HF boys before the game at the Clifton and they gave us both a scarf. You should have seen the smile on his face!!! Then when I took him into the club shop and we collected a home shirt that was paid for by a kind anonymous BBS member. He shed a tear…so did I. But for once these were good tears…I cannot thank you all enough for the words of support. It means a lot to have a support network like this rally around you in these tough times.

Much love to you all. And merry Christmas.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:07 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Glad you had a great day with your son mate, it’s what it’s all about. You picked a good one!

From father to son,
Formed in South London,
Era after era,
Since 1861.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:25 PM

Excellent. We are on from father to son and son from 1961. As soon as my Grandkids arrive they will have NO CHOICE or risk being cast out

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-12-2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

milking it
Thank you. Launched from outside ? Top Fanatics is so missing the 1st 20 mins. Well done

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-12-2021, 10:27 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Glad you had a great day with your son mate, it’s what it’s all about. You picked a good one!

From father to son,
Formed in South London,
Era after era,
Since 1861.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:29 PM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fireworks looked great!
Old 12-12-2021, 10:57 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post

From father to son,
Formed in South London,
Era after era,
Since 1861.
But the heartbeat of South London since just 1905
Old 12-12-2021, 11:04 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
1861 will do cheers. Got proof.
Old 13-12-2021, 12:25 AM

les aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet