Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-08-2018, 07:02 AM

EmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Give him a chance. Can’t believe some so called fans are writing him off already. It takes some players longer to settle than others. I like what I’ve seen of Sorloth so far.
Old 27-08-2018, 07:03 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Just guessing, but Hodgson has probably spent all summer working on a specific system that used a big man that would hold the ball up and create space for a runner. Benteke isn't working out how he'd hoped, so when Sorloth gets the nod over Ayew, it may be more to do with him persisting with that system rather than rating him more that Ayew.

Hodson believes in that system, and will possibly persevere with it until the players are well drilled in a new one that doesn't rely so much on Benteke or Sorloth.
He needs to be more flexible.
Old 27-08-2018, 07:08 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
The sloth is a great option to bring on against tired legs. That way he looks normal paced.
Old 27-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Nostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
He needs to be more flexible.
I agree, but the thing that makes him such a good manager, is possibly his biggest flaw. He puts complete faith in his players to do what he knows they can, unfortunately, sometimes those players have a bad day.
Old 27-08-2018, 07:59 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Swansea is his chance got to take it, he looks like an unhappy player.
Old 27-08-2018, 08:43 AM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Swansea is his chance got to take it, he looks like an unhappy player.
If Benteke was picked ahead of you week in week out you would be unhappy.
Old 27-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
We are seriously short up top
There’s nothing I’ve seen that makes me think he’s going to make it at this level.
Old 27-08-2018, 09:56 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
We are seriously short up top
There’s nothing I’ve seen that makes me think he’s going to make it at this level.
Exactly.
Old 27-08-2018, 10:04 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
If Benteke was picked ahead of you week in week out you would be unhappy.
No i am shit mind you i would have been sent of for punching Capoue if he done that to me. I just do not see a happy player that may change if he gets a goal v Swansea he deserves a chance but he must take it.
Old 27-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
You must watch a different game. He was invisible when he came on both against Liverpool and yesterday. % wise in the air? That would put him nr.1 in the premier league two years running. Bullshit.
Well I was there and he beat VVD a number of times, and held the ball up reasonably well. Yesterday he did the same and didn't give the ball away or get caught offside every 30 seconds

You clearly have an agenda against Sorloth as you have slagged him off regularly since his arrival

Of course he may turn out to be a turkey, but the bloke has only had a few minutes on the pitch here and there, unlike the entire season + of dross from Benteke

I imagine he will start at Swansea so we may get a glimpse of what he can do over 90m
Old 27-08-2018, 10:15 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He's got real potential and needs a chance. Give him a run of games and see what happens. Although I would personally rather see Ayew start as we look better when we have pace and movement up front.
Old 27-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I thought he looked OK yesterday in his 5-10 mins or so. I think he won 4 headers in that short period. These cameos don't help him but that's how it is and players looking to break through all have to deal with it. He badly needs a first team goal. I still can't tell if he is going to make it or not. I have been less optimistic of late but not given up on him. He should play against Swansea because I don't think Ayew can play against his parent club can he? Shame because I would have started him as well.
Old 27-08-2018, 10:52 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He's got real potential and needs a chance. Give him a run of games and see what happens. Although I would personally rather see Ayew start as we look better when we have pace and movement up front.
Just think he's a bigger version of Bamford and not up to it.

Agree about Ayew, who should have come on yesterday.
Old 27-08-2018, 10:56 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Just think he's a bigger version of Bamford and not up to it.

Agree about Ayew, who should have come on yesterday.
He's much more powerful than Bamford and I'm all for using him, but Ayew needs his chance right now
Old 27-08-2018, 11:31 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Well I was there and he beat VVD a number of times, and held the ball up reasonably well. Yesterday he did the same and didn't give the ball away or get caught offside every 30 seconds

You clearly have an agenda against Sorloth as you have slagged him off regularly since his arrival

Of course he may turn out to be a turkey, but the bloke has only had a few minutes on the pitch here and there, unlike the entire season + of dross from Benteke

I imagine he will start at Swansea so we may get a glimpse of what he can do over 90m
Nothing against him personally but you don't pay 10 million for a guy who scores 10 goals in the Danish league after failing in the dutch FFS.
Old 27-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
He needs a run of 5 or six games from the start to settle in. He hasn't been given anywhere near a fair crack of the whip from Roy especially considering Benteke's form. If I were Alex I'd be banging on the manager's door saying 'give me that chance'. And if no luck would be looking for a move in Jan.

I think the lad can play looking at his goals technique and position sense when in Norway but he needs to be shown some confidence and faith by others and be given that chance to show it.
Old 27-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
He needs a run of 5 or six games from the start to settle in. He hasn't been given anywhere near a fair crack of the whip from Roy especially considering Benteke's form. If I were Alex I'd be banging on the manager's door saying 'give me that chance'. And if no luck would be looking for a move in Jan.

I think the lad can play looking at his goals technique and position sense when in Norway but he needs to be shown some confidence and faith by others and be given that chance to show it.
I’d hazard a guess and suggest he isn’t showing enough in training to warrant a start
Old 27-08-2018, 12:03 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I thought he looked OK yesterday in his 5-10 mins or so. I think he won 4 headers in that short period. These cameos don't help him but that's how it is and players looking to break through all have to deal with it. He badly needs a first team goal. I still can't tell if he is going to make it or not. I have been less optimistic of late but not given up on him. He should play against Swansea because I don't think Ayew can play against his parent club can he? Shame because I would have started him as well.
Someone stated on here that Ayew could play as it is only in Premier League where that rule is . Not sure if it correct though ?
Old 27-08-2018, 12:08 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
He does nothing to warrant a start. Came on against Liverpool first thing he does is get thrown on the floor by VVD. Shows he can play with his back to goal by holding it and releasing it. Doesn’t even press when he needs to impress and show something. Ends up on the wing during the game when he needs to be in the middle.

He needs a season in the Championship getting bullied about to toughen up and score some goals. Seriously over paid for him. If Wickham could get fit he would be infront of Sørloth but that’ll never happen so Ayew needs the minutes now instead
Old 27-08-2018, 12:10 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login