Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-08-2018, 08:50 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Strange that he's not that great in the air, but I do fancy him nicking the odd goal with his feet. Sometimes maybe a bit hesitant to shoot, and the odd misplaced pass, but for his first full competitive game getting a goal will do him the world of good.
His body language is unusual. Not just a Nordic thing surely. He maintains the same serious face and tends to look down. Perhaps that's why the others don't rush to celebrate with him when he scores?
Old 28-08-2018, 08:53 PM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good goal tonight. I would start him over CB on Saturday, if we are going up top with a big striker. I feel he has earned the right tonight.
Old 28-08-2018, 08:53 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
Just the fact that he scored is enough to put him in the starting 11 for Saturday. I like the boy, think he has something about him. Just needs a few starts and a bit of confidence.
Well he certainly perked up after that goal and a very well taken one it was.
Hopefully give him some confidence.
Old 28-08-2018, 08:54 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
His body language is unusual. Not just a Nordic thing surely. He maintains the same serious face and tends to look down. Perhaps that's why the others don't rush to celebrate with him when he scores?
He just seems a bit straight laced to me, a bit Dragoesque. Couldn't comment on the celebration, but I'm sure there would be more if it were further in the competition or in the league.
Old 28-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Perhaps that's why the others don't rush to celebrate with him when he scores?
That was his first goal.
Old 28-08-2018, 08:57 PM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Strange that he's not that great in the air, but I do fancy him nicking the odd goal with his feet. Sometimes maybe a bit hesitant to shoot, and the odd misplaced pass, but for his first full competitive game getting a goal will do him the world of good.
Some smiley moments

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Oopps, wrong quote but never mind
Old 28-08-2018, 08:57 PM

passenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepassenger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
That was his first goal.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:05 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shows the difference good supply makes to a player of that type (a natural finisher). When Townsend came on he looked so much more of a threat - they have a good understanding and you could see Townsend watching his movement and nearly finding him a few times. He does move well off the ball, and I’d encourage others to watch him find space when the ball moves near the box - he’s very good at that.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:08 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He scored but bar that, in my oplnion, was hopeless.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
Good goal tonight. I would start him over CB on Saturday, if we are going up top with a big striker. I feel he has earned the right tonight.
I'd agree - he goes above Benteke for his efforts tonight but I'd go with Ayew.

I like Sortloth's technical ability, to hold the ball up, his control etc... I am not convinced about his finishing though, he seems a bit hesitant. I still think that he needs a loan spell somewhere - all that said, he did more tonight that Christian has over a dozen matches.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
That was his first goal.
It was the same when he scored in a friendly
Old 28-08-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
Some smiley moments

It would do him good to rediscover that expressiveness.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:38 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
odd that the Mail made him MOM?
Old 28-08-2018, 09:39 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Benteke definitely wouldnt have finished that chance.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post

I like Sortloth's technical ability, to hold the ball up, his control etc... I am not convinced about his finishing though, he seems a bit hesitant. I still think that he needs a loan spell somewhere - all that said, he did more tonight that Christian has over a dozen matches.
That's a dilemma that I'll leave Roy to wrestle with. I might start with Sorloth and bring on Ayew later depending on the state of the game.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:44 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post

I think he can clearly finish and with decent power, but is a bit too hesitant to shoot and needs to have more confidence. Hopefully this goal might add to that confidence.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Don’t think that’s the same game that I watched then. He was hardly Messi but he certainly wasn’t hopeless.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:46 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Really? I thought his hold up play was pretty decent, his movement too.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:47 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Old 28-08-2018, 09:48 PM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Plenty on here seem desperate to write him off - think people like to be the first to call a gem or a dud and once they've made their pitch will back it to the hilt to be proved correct.

He's hardly ever been given more than 15-20 minutes to show what he can do and in those time periods we've probably only had the ball for 3-5 minutes each time. It's not a huge sample size but within that time he has shown some good touches and done some decent target man play. The comments about pressing are completely redundant because not one of us on here knows what he has been told do by the manager in terms of pressing - pressing is not a one man job, it can by nature only be done by a group of players acting in a coordinated manner. Roy is the one who sees him week in week out in training and he has, so far, chosen to use him over Ayew and this is enough for me.

Good goal tonight and some excellent link up play and back to goal work.

It could have been better.