Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-08-2018, 07:40 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Spindle; 29-08-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 29-08-2018, 07:41 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
My Heart Will Go On
Old 29-08-2018, 07:46 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Probably the same people saying pick Sorloth for a Premier League game based on a goal against a relegated Swansea reserves are the same people that said Gayle should be our main striker because he scored a hatrick against Charlton youth team.

Not saying Benteke should be first choice- but cannot understand why the need to play with a big target man when our run in last season, where we played so well, was achieved without one - or the target man coming off the bench after 60 or so minutes.
Old 29-08-2018, 07:59 AM

Alexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlexc26 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Probably the same people saying pick Sorloth for a Premier League game based on a goal against a relegated Swansea reserves are the same people that said Gayle should be our main striker because he scored a hatrick against Charlton youth team.

Not saying Benteke should be first choice- but cannot understand why the need to play with a big target man when our run in last season, where we played so well, was achieved without one - or the target man coming off the bench after 60 or so minutes.
Didn't the goals in the run in that we played so well come once our target man came off the bench ? We looked poor without him.

It wouldn't hurt to give Sorloth a go from the start of a game and see how he does.
Old 29-08-2018, 08:03 AM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pleased for him that he has got off the mark. Should give him a confidence boost and help him settle a bit.
Old 29-08-2018, 08:04 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
Also, here is a bit or perspective.

Last night Saido Berahino finally scored a goal. That was a 913 day goal drought.
As per the BBC
"The world when Berahino last scored
Then Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce had not yet replaced Roy Hodgson as England manager
Donald Trump had not yet secured the Republican party's nomination for the 2016 United States presidential election
The United Kingdom was still nearly four months away from a referendum on European Union membership
France's future World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe had scored only one senior goal for Monaco
Sunderland still had another season ahead of them in the Premier League, before back-to-back relegations to League One"

At a cost of £12m and a wage of £70,000 per week whilst in the PL. (It may have reduced since Stoke were relegated.) Stoke fans have every right to feel aggrieved about that.
Three guesses who he last scored against...
Old 29-08-2018, 08:15 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
I fall roughly between the pro's and the anti's. Essentially I think there is a decent striker in there but he is a bit raw at the moment. He has plenty of assets, not least his height and strength. He also has bit of a selfish eye for goal (which is essential in any striker). His control is currently a bit hit and miss and his angles and runs need improvement but this is a big step up for him and he is going to have to learn more quickly.
Very difficult to know how he will develop but even if he does not become a starter or regular back up striker for us, any striker in the PL has a decent sell off value and we could easily make a profit on him. He is clearly not the finished article and his price tag reflected that. We just need to give him time.
Pretty much how I see it
Old 29-08-2018, 08:38 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
He doesn't need to be a Drogba nor Lewandowski just better than Benteke. And we won't find out that he is until he is given a proper 7 game or so run in the team which, please Roy, should now happen starting from this weekend.

Jump forward 5 weeks - 'Christian who?'

^^^^ this.
We can only fully judge after a run of games, but from what I saw last night... he’s the best striker we have at the moment. (he’s better than CB, and JA hasn’t played for us yet)
Old 29-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
I don’t see how Sorloth can be any worse than Benteke and I’d be happy to have him start the next few games.
Old 29-08-2018, 09:24 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
I don’t see how Sorloth can be any worse than Benteke and I’d be happy to have him start the next few games.
Did you watch the game last night?
Old 29-08-2018, 09:39 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Personally I would start with sorloth, have benteke on the bench and tell benteke if he gets on the pitch he needs to endorse the decision by making an impression . Sorloth has earnt the right to start , he's found the net . Benteke hasn't., and hasn't looked like he will for a bloody long time .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 29-08-2018, 09:43 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Personally I would start with sorloth, have benteke on the bench and tell benteke if he gets on the pitch he needs to endorse the decision by making an impression . Sorloth has earnt the right to start , he's found the net . Benteke hasn't., and hasn't looked like he will for a bloody long time .
Perhaps if Ben Foster had been in goal for Swansea last night and whoever the Swansea GK was had been in goal for Watford on Sunday, things may have been the other way round.
Old 29-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Did you watch the game last night?
Yep
Old 29-08-2018, 10:20 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
WHY ARE PEOPLE BEING SUCH CUNITS ABOUT SORLOTH?

Just because he wins the ball from both our keepers kicks and gets a shot on target? Much prefer to keep giving chances to a striker who does not win the ball and who for over a year has been missing the goal or giving it straight to the keeper?
Old 29-08-2018, 10:40 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Perhaps if Ben Foster had been in goal for Swansea last night and whoever the Swansea GK was had been in goal for Watford on Sunday, things may have been the other way round.
None of that explains bentekes abysmal form or why he looks so shy of pace . If and buts do not excuse bentekes shocking returns . Sorloth scored, he's earnt the chance to start as first choice striker and it may well kick bentekes arse enough to start showing everyone why he is a 27 mil player . Competition for places is good , the player that wants it most will win , and that can only be good for palace .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 29-08-2018, 10:42 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
WHY ARE PEOPLE BEING SUCH CUNITS ABOUT SORLOTH?

Just because he wins the ball from both our keepers kicks and gets a shot on target? Much prefer to keep giving chances to a striker who does not win the ball and who for over a year has been missing the goal or giving it straight to the keeper?
One of which is of good Aryan stock...the other isnt.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 29-08-2018, 10:44 AM

victor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have high hopes for Sorloth, and was impressed the few occasions I saw him last season.

Didn't watch last night but he took his goal well even if the keeping was slightly suspect.

But I still trust Roy to know who is the better option. If Benteke is playing, that's because Benteke is better. Roy is not someone to play a player just for the sake of it.

Benteke's all round game seems to be off the pace, but in terms of a goal threat he actually did quite well on Sunday, very unlucky with the header and wasn't far off with the turn and shot.

I imagine Roy thinks that if we drop Benteke and put Townsend up top then we lose a goal threat (Andros never even looks close to getting in to goalscoring positions, as much as I like him as a winger). Wouldn't be surprised if Ayew forces his way in over the season though.

Or follow my twitter https://twitter.com/AJMH_
Old 29-08-2018, 11:10 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
One of which is of good Aryan stock...the other isnt.
Excuse me?

Nobody is complaining about any of the following: Sakho, Wan-Bissaka, Schlupp (much), van Aanholt or Zaha.

Benteke is being complained about because his finishing is sh!te. Simple.
Old 29-08-2018, 11:16 AM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexc26 View Post
Didn't the goals in the run in that we played so well come once our target man came off the bench ? We looked poor without him.

It wouldn't hurt to give Sorloth a go from the start of a game and see how he does.
No. Our goals came with Zaha and Townsend up front with RLC on the left. When we put a target man on it immediately made us worse. I would give Ayew a start and return to our more mobile quicker attacking play that saw us end the season very well.
Old 29-08-2018, 11:21 AM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's young. He's never played at this level before. He hasn't had a run in the team. Desperately needs game time. Ideally would like to send Sorloth and Wickham out on loan but too much of a risk.