Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-07-2019, 07:07 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just got it on,using Apple wood again(tried chipping the other week which were rubbish)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Will be had in flat breads(rib)as a running source of grub while we watch England win the world cup
Old 14-07-2019, 07:38 AM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Firing up the kamado joe for food today while the crickets on. Question for the experts, i got a bag of lump charcoal but within the bag the coal was within smaller bags that you light. I didnt bother with lighting the bag as it seemed wasteful but as the coal pieces are small the amount of smoke it kicks out is rediculous and seems to go on for hours. Dont want to smoke out the neighbours, any way to calm it down without buying a bag of bigger charcoal?
Old 14-07-2019, 07:47 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't think that will be much good.That stuff will be covered in some sort of igniter and will possibly ruin the taste.Got to be clean fuel(for me anyway).

Watcha knocking up fella
Old 14-07-2019, 07:59 AM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Don't think that will be much good.That stuff will be covered in some sort of igniter and will possibly ruin the taste.Got to be clean fuel(for me anyway).

Watcha knocking up fella
Bit of a mixture, got some burgers and chicken thighs from the butcher and standard porky whites sausages. Gonna also do some prawns in siracha sauce which i like.
Old 14-07-2019, 08:09 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just got it on,using Apple wood again(tried chipping the other week which were rubbish)

Will be had in flat breads(rib)as a running source of grub while we watch England win the world cup

Such riches! Looking forward to pics of the rib falling away like butter later. That big bone will be your friend sucking in the heat and cooking from inside out. It will happily sit for a while after you pull it.

Picanha is a real favourite of mine. Rump cap means you has all the flavour of rump and plenty of juicy fat to baste it. Restaurants cook it on a rotisserie. I have not done it low & slow so I am keen to see your results.

That and bevette are two under represented but super tasty cuts.
Old 14-07-2019, 08:15 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:

Watcha knocking up fella

This.

I find bigger lumps, sometimes called 'restaurant grade', offer better air flow and help avoid hotspots.

I use natural lighters, like bundles of wood shavings in a sort of wax. Occasionally I have got away with just a match if the lump feels very light. That tends to be the local small batch 'artesian' charcoal. I aim not keen on spending more than £1.50 per kg so don't buy it often.
Old 14-07-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
This.

I find bigger lumps, sometimes called 'restaurant grade', offer better air flow and help avoid hotspots.

I use natural lighters, like bundles of wood shavings in a sort of wax. Occasionally I have got away with just a match if the lump feels very light. That tends to be the local small batch 'artesian' charcoal. I aim not keen on spending more than £1.50 per kg so don't buy it often.
Ill have to try and find some better coal this morning!
Old 14-07-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
Ill have to try and find some better coal this morning!
Green Olive is popular and burns nicely : To view the link you have to Register or Login

I dip in and out of Four Seasons from mid-Sussex - this is the one that goes with just a match: To view the link you have to Register or Login

The majority I get though Ebay (shop called Ever Burning Charcoal), which is cost effective as they deliver it for free.

Frankly, you're looking for 100% natural wood - no additives and a spread of lump sizes. You've got 45 minutes before the cricket starts, better get a shift on
Old 14-07-2019, 09:33 AM
a bit peckish

I get my charcoal from Makro,huge restaurant size bags with a nice spread of sizes and it burns beautifully. Not had any issue with it.Costs around £15 for 12kg
Old 14-07-2019, 09:33 AM

Went to homebase hopefully bbq buddy 100% natural lumpwood does the trick, thanks for the links i will check them out in the near future
Old 14-07-2019, 09:55 AM

Cake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know this is probably sacrosanct on this thread, but has anyone got a garden pizza oven. Thinking of one of the portable style ones, like the Roccbox or the Ooni Koda (both gas) after trying some very tasty pizza from a food truck style outlet made in them.
Old 14-07-2019, 10:51 AM

Andy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Was lucky enough to spend yesterday on a Backyard BBQ smoking course hosted by Bunch of Swines; an incredible duo who were the first Europeans to go over to the States and win the American Royal Invitational (I gather this is quite big stuff in the smoking world)!

Cooked on 5 different smokers and must have smoked at least 8 different cuts. Everything from simple wings with a buffalo and blue cheese sauce to 11 hour slow cooked brisket to die for (will try and post up some pictures).

I'm pretty new to the smoking scene myself so it was a fantastic learning experience and I've come away with a pack full of notes and takeaways from the day.

I was pretty sold on getting a smoker from Bristol drum smokers - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-07-2019, 11:05 AM

Andy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
As promised:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190713_153501.jpg (132.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 20190713_153325.jpg (138.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20190713_102916.jpg (687.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 20190713_113253.jpg (697.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 14-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake and Eat It View Post
I know this is probably sacrosanct on this thread, but has anyone got a garden pizza oven. Thinking of one of the portable style ones, like the Roccbox or the Ooni Koda (both gas) after trying some very tasty pizza from a food truck style outlet made in them.
Not at all - go for it. I have tried a couple on the BGE and the woody taste is spectacular, plus the experimentation is endless. My leaning point was to go easy on topping with moisture and in fact less is more generally on the top.
Mad as it might sound, garlic bread tastes way better too.

Don't rule out the baking & roasting option in it either.

Standing-by for your pics, that's the only rule here.
Old 14-07-2019, 01:19 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
My thoughts on igniting charcoal... buy yourself a cheap, compact blow torch. You'll never have issues again!
Old 14-07-2019, 01:53 PM
a bit peckish

It tastes bloody fantastic

Have got the Joe ticking over and will be fired up again for a bbq later
Old 14-07-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
It tastes bloody fantastic

Have got the Joe ticking over and will be fired up again for a bbq later
Outstanding!
Old 15-07-2019, 08:52 AM
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did 14 x Beef Short Rib and a kilo of Brisket on the Smokey Mountain yesterday. Overdid it so dried out a bit too much as was too engrossed with the cricket, was still fantastic though
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
a bit peckish

Just finished the beef(bit of both cuts)in a Madras curry.What a great finally to the meat,tasted wonderfull and will defiantly be repeated.

Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM

Teriyaki chicken tonight, think ive gone overboard with the siracha which the mrs wont appreciate