Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 16-02-2021, 02:21 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle View Post
Further to this, SCCC have now agreed to refund me the other 75% of my 2020 membership fee but only after I threatened legal action. They've told me that I wouldn't be welcome as a 2021 member.
Old 16-02-2021, 02:31 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
You won't believe this but my brother who sued Surrey and got his money back got a letter the other day giving him a years membership for nothing! Don't know what happened there but it must be a data base error?
Old 16-02-2021, 02:38 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
You won't believe this but my brother who sued Surrey and got his money back got a letter the other day giving him a years membership for nothing! Don't know what happened there but it must be a data base error?
I absolutely believe that. I’ve been a Member for a few years & recently referred a mate. He got a letter thanking him for referring me & I got a ‘New Member’ letter....
Old 16-02-2021, 02:43 PM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Wow. Well done on getting your money back but what a spiteful thing for the club to do - especially as, from Hove Eagle's posts, it appears that you were legally in the right to expect a full refund.
Thanks. I’m sure I was legally in the right.

Makes me realise that although the Palace haven’t necessarily handled the ST refunds brilliantly, there was never any issue that they weren’t going to fully refund us. Surrey tried to claim that membership was more than just having a season ticket. Apparently it offers all sorts of other benefits that you’re paying for.
Old 16-02-2021, 04:12 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Further to this, SCCC have now agreed to refund me the other 75% of my 2020 membership fee but only after I threatened legal action. They've told me that I wouldn't be welcome as a 2021 member.
Disgraceful. Shocking behaviour.

After sending in my letter of resignation, receiving an email regretting my decision and an acknowledgement that my Direct Debit had been cancelled I was taken aback earlier this year when I received a 2021 Membership card and another 1984 inspired letter from Chairman Gould.

Three weeks later an email arrived from the membership department demanding that I pay up. In small print at the end of the email was the usual 'if you have already cancelled your membership' ignore this communication.

As CE writes above - Surrey make CPFC look a brillaintly run outfit. It's the sheer arrogance of whoever manages the Surrey Membership Department that's particularly bad.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:31 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Just a heads up on Surrey membership.my brother was so annoyed he issued a summons in the small claims court for his money back.didnt hear anything but yesterday got his full refund plus interest and his costs.
He s thinking of going to Kent next year��
D
Quote:
Sorry to dig this one from last year but.... HOVE, Chobham - not meaning to out you/your brother but is this either of you?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-05-2021, 11:31 AM

Webb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is here
I must admit I thought about it, but decided not to, not really worth the hassle in the end (and also renewed for this year in the end following the extra discount, I just want to watch cricket). Still pretty hacked off about it though, still feel I'm £150 down with no return. Don't really want my name on a wall.

Hopefully meet some of you in person over the coming months, got tickets for the 22nd and most of the T20s. Happy to shout a guest pass or two to those who didn't renew.

Last edited by Webb; 12-05-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:19 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Disgraceful. Shocking behaviour.

After sending in my letter of resignation, receiving an email regretting my decision and an acknowledgement that my Direct Debit had been cancelled I was taken aback earlier this year when I received a 2021 Membership card and another 1984 inspired letter from Chairman Gould.

Three weeks later an email arrived from the membership department demanding that I pay up. In small print at the end of the email was the usual 'if you have already cancelled your membership' ignore this communication.

As CE writes above - Surrey make CPFC look a brillaintly run outfit. It's the sheer arrogance of whoever manages the Surrey Membership Department that's particularly bad.
Have you given up on going to the Oval indefinitely? Be a shame especially as it is so local for you.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:34 PM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow...... Reading these posts about SCCC Refunds/renewals makes me glad I was born East of the Kent Brook (albeit by only about a mile)
Old 12-05-2021, 02:31 PM

Location: Still hunting for a Cat Deeley lookalike in the Capital City of Caterham
le piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of the county cricket groups I was in on Facebook mentioned that Surrey and Kent members were taking their respective counties to court and that the general consensus of people on there was that they were supporting the counties for some reason
Me?? Sent last years cut up card back to Surrey with a letter to Richard Gould after they refused me a full refund (self employed so money would have been handy) along with a letter telling them to take me off all their correspondence lists as I wouldn’t be going again and my DD was therefore cancelled.
Three months later a new membership card/pack/yearbook pops through my letterbox
Old 14-05-2021, 09:22 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Only 3 matches had play yesterday including Sussex V Kent at Hove, Kent 145 all out 2 for Archer 3 for Ollie Robinson, not including Ollie Robinson!
Old 14-05-2021, 01:45 PM

Webb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is here
Gould's gone

Old 14-05-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Gould's gone